Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 1:37pm
We have been sorting out our garden today ready for spring planting and when we were turning the soil we came across a buried oxygen bottle(strange).
Does anyone know where I can dispose of It.I have rang Eric No have rang the local chemist NO. So any ideas where I can dispose of it legally frown
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 1:41pm
yes, tie it to a chair and sit on it then twt off the top, a wide open space is recomended to avoid serious injury,

p.s please video this and youtube it should you decide to do this
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 1:42pm
or call b.o.c
Posted By: Mark Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 2:23pm
Yeh the local tip wont take these anymore apparently.
But i'm sure if you called street scene they can help.
Do a google and you should get there number.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 2:38pm
dont think i will be tring your idea placid,i might get an ASBO lol.will give that idea a try mark ..cheers
Posted By: Brocks Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 3:33pm
Police?

A company called Air products deliver oxygen to OAPs based in Ellesmere Port.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 6:03pm
Sell it on Ebay smile but clean it up first happy
Posted By: jonah Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 6:07pm
think.... how about filling it with Nos, and fitting it to your car..... whistle raftl
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 12th Feb 2008 6:08pm
nice idea jonah hehehe happy
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 13th Feb 2008 2:13am
a plan has been hatched

some of you folks have been very kind to provide photos of the blocked entrance to biddy hill tunnels (you'll like this!!) how about strapping it to the steel at the entrance and lighting a fire round it then leave in the genral direction of 'fooking quickly' and see what happens, just a thought, or give it to a welder, my first idea tho, i like best!
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 20th Mar 2008 4:07pm
Is it a medical sized bottle (say 3ft high with a chrome fitting at the top) or a full sized bottle (say 5 ft high with a simple screw-in fitting)?

Snod
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 20th Mar 2008 4:32pm
After much arguing this has now been picked up free of charge by British oxygen supplies
Posted By: Colgo Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 20th Mar 2008 4:36pm
leave it in the garden, phone bomb disposal and tell em you think you have found a bomb. They will remove it for you.....might involve a bit of a bang and some minor landscaping afterwards.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Oxygen bottle -disposal - 20th Mar 2008 4:56pm
Originally Posted by Colgo
leave it in the garden, phone bomb disposal and tell em you think you have found a bomb. They will remove it for you.....might involve a bit of a bang and some minor landscaping afterwards.

raftl I was thinking along them lines too tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral