Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 15th Jul 2008 10:50pm
A documentary of how birkenhead was bad in the 80's / 90's not that its any better. Credit to the uploader JekinBed

Enjoy.. smile

[youtube]4TIagabESl4[/youtube]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 15th Jul 2008 10:52pm
This was posted the other day somewhere on the forums lol.

Good interesting video nevertheless.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 15th Jul 2008 11:02pm
I think it was cant remember where smack move it if it is joe happy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 15th Jul 2008 11:16pm
It's ok where it is as a separate topic.

The link to the video posted by Northender was in the Ilchester Square - Dock Cottages Thread.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 15th Jul 2008 11:18pm
Ahh thats where i seen it.. No worries happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 16th Jul 2008 8:10am
Seen this other day, great vid, worth a look smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 7:00pm
Depressing! You'd think they'd stop having kids though. Sam problem today.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 7:12pm
id LOVE to know what these familys are up to now!!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 8:46pm
very good vid only thing thats diffent today is less houses and fewer people use the church!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 18th Jul 2008 11:33pm
This may have been posted already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMPfKvG5Bc
Has 3 parts
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 19th Jul 2008 6:31pm
Well i can tell you what one of the familys in that one MissGuided posted are doing..

June Wylde is now retired and living down south, robby wylde is working on the oil rigs earning a mint, and everyone else in the wylde family are working and bringing up familys of their own.. and in 1991 they were in the paper for having one of the biggest familys in the north-west smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 19th Jul 2008 6:41pm
thats good to know!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 19th Jul 2008 9:06pm
I'm glad to hear that some of them are doing well. They all seemed so bereft of hope. I wonder if it was the spirit of things then - people didn't want to move too far away from their friends and relatives - but today its a fact of life - if you want to get a decent job that can sometimes mean moving hundreds of miles. Most of my family have been like that, although there were one or two who broke away and live elsewhere, which was frowned upon at the time. I don't think it is anything new though, to move away and start life elsewhere. I was surprised to find that most of my relatives had moved from north wales or from near chester to here for jobs.
What these people needed was an 'away day' to motivate them lol just kidding. The guy who said he stayed in bed until 3pm but then went on about needing o-levels made me laugh. If he'd got out of bed earlier he could have gone to Borough Rd and got those o-levels, or at least cse's... omg
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 19th Jul 2008 9:22pm
i can sleep in my bed now
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 19th Jul 2008 9:28pm
I found out my family came from Ireland to Wales then to Birkenhead for work, and the other lot came down from Scotland for the work. But like it said it them vids, all the work was on the docks back then.

And the lad that said about staying in bed till 3 was a friend of the family.. good to know he's still not getting out of bed till 3pm lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 10:19am
Originally Posted by Izzy
Well i can tell you what one of the familys in that one MissGuided posted are doing..

June Wylde is now retired and living down south, robby wylde is working on the oil rigs earning a mint, and everyone else in the wylde family are working and bringing up familys of their own.. and in 1991 they were in the paper for having one of the biggest familys in the north-west smile

How did you know that?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 10:59am
Originally Posted by chiccy
id LOVE to know what these familys are up to now!!

Probably top brickies wink

Attached picture bricklayer.jpg
Posted By: Ducko Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 11:04am
that lad who stayed in bed is jimmy brooks and now he is a top bricky with loads ov dosh
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 11:56am
Originally Posted by Station
Originally Posted by Izzy

How did you know that?

Lol they are my family, June is my Nan
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:03pm
are they related to the big Wylde famley thats in morton????
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:05pm
Oh i dont know.. there are loads of them.. my nan had 10 kids and all of them have gone off and had between 2-6 kids of their own.. and now their kids have kids.. Tis a big family, cant keep track of them all lol
Posted By: Ducko Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:05pm
lizzy who is ye mum june or janet jill or dot
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:10pm
I dont know any Dot hun, but my mum is June (it's my nans name too)
Posted By: Ducko Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:19pm
your dad john johns then kid
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:34pm
Are you come kind of stalker ? raftl
Posted By: Ducko Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 12:42pm
lol no kid grew up with ye family down the northend
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 1:20pm
The fella in the Green Tracksuit sitting down next to his wife is my Uncle Roy there living in tranmere in a huge house and have jobs. There son who they where talking about our david went in the army for 2 years and went to iraq but know hes home and got a partner and a baby.. The twins which where in the play pen not sure in what there doing and there youngest billy has just finished school i think happy
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 7:55pm
Originally Posted by Ducko
lol no kid grew up with ye family down the northend

I asked my dad did he know someone called Ducko and him and my aunt said they did lol - got me a little worried to start with tease
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 20th Jul 2008 8:33pm
soundlad! what a end to the northend story! so much history there for you! all endded well then!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Jul 2008 5:45pm
just past (asbo towers} we call it ihe new houses by st james birkenhead, the ... shouting out at people going past!
what has the place become? its not everyone who lives there just the few!just makes me sick had the kids with me as well.
thank god thay are to young to understand!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Jul 2008 5:56pm
The new apartments called St James' Gardens?

Those apartments were proper expensive to buy, so they must just be being let out to any old ...
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Jul 2008 6:02pm
thay are!
Posted By: Mark Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Jul 2008 7:30pm
Interesting Thread smile

Great to get the personal response smile
And what there doing now.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 7:04pm
THE HOUSES BY BIRKENHEAD NORTH STATION HAVE NOW GONE!LAST ONE KNOCKED DOWE THIS WEEK?
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 8:48pm
i watched the house get knocked down 2day smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 9:02pm
all gone now!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 9:10pm
i know but i dont see the reason why they knocked all the houses down were i lived wen i was a kid in seven street and all them roads what the hell they planning to do like where the taxi place was the shop the cafe and the garage and the yard and that but i hve got to admitt it does look a hole lot better cuz i only live over the road from the shops and that. But thats the thing half the smack heads from round here r livin in those houses
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 9:21pm
you see the plan was for asbo towers to be put there!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 9:24pm
well when they gettin built
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 22nd Aug 2008 9:36pm
do not know,we moved from rundlel street there was talk of asbo towers then! now live in hoblyn!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Aug 2008 6:23pm
kool i live in mercer rd and wen i was a kid i lived in seven street
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 23rd Aug 2008 6:56pm
SEVEN STREETS WAS THAT PART OF THE RIVER STREETS?
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2008 1:03pm
I remember the new flats going for £140,000 by St James but now it looks like they didn't sell for somw reason, well they did look brand new, don't look they have been looked after even though they are so new, I live near there myself, I found it hard enough to find a decent enough place to rent but it looks like I'm better off not working to get myself some breand new bricks and mortar around me mad
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2008 1:14pm
yes i think carnt remember
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2008 3:36pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
SEVEN STREETS WAS THAT PART OF THE RIVER STREETS?

It certainly was
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2008 3:56pm
oh kool
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 24th Aug 2008 8:28pm
TOO TRUE MERSEYMAN TKHE PLACE LOOKS LIKE AN ASBO ZONE?(NOT TO UPSET ANYONE WHO LIVES THERE) ALWAYS GET YELLED AT GOING PAST BY THE CAP GANG! HAVE TO GO PASSED THERE OR CUT UP THE ROAD AT THE SIDE OF KWICKSAVE.THATS ALMOST AS BAD!!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 9:43pm
errrr hello i do live on the north-end and it aint that bad and there isnt such a gang called the cap gang otherwise i would of known about it hun
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 9:46pm
in the ghetto!!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 9:47pm
what u mean in the ghetto
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 9:48pm
classic elvis song.."in the ghetto"...LMAO...
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 9:51pm
hahaha
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:03pm
Jade - do you know Ruth Boyd? She lived on Beaufort Rd - had 2 massive rottweilers.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:05pm
what kind of a birkenhead girl are you?
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:07pm
i think i knew her carnt remember. what kind of birkenhead girl am i? erm well take me as i am i dont get in to fights i dont go round in gangs thinking i'm hard and all that sh*t
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:23pm
I'm a Birkenhead girl but not sure I can be proud of the fact.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:25pm
sound like you are from birknead?
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:25pm
i'm not proud ive been brought up from ere wen i wa baby cuz i moved here from milton keynes i'm not bein funnie but i dont class my self from over here i class my self as a southner so to up set anyone
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:32pm
ok!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:33pm
sorry if ive upset anyone but i really dont wanna class me self from round here you'll all probs hate me now
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:34pm
Eeek - southerner alert lol just kidding smile
I left here when I was 19 - lived in Leicester for 9 years - then came back with my husband who I met there and is from Hampshire-way (has a bit of a BBC accent as his ma was from fancy well-to-do family in Surrey). I think when I left though I lost most of my accent because ppl in Leicester couldn't understand me. I think I left it there never to return. Which is good and bad, because it means that most ppl have no idea where I am from as accent is a bit of a mishmash. But it can be an affront to ppl here - if you don't talk like em they think you're posh or summit. I just try to pronounce words properly and use correct grammar - because I want my kids to speak well enough. Trouble is they have picked up the southern pronunciation of words like BATH - BARTH GRASS - GRARSE etc.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:36pm
'It's, not, how you start, it's how you finish,
And it's, not, where you're from, it's where you're at' The Hours, Ali in the Jungle - brill song, brill sentiment
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:38pm
oh tell me about it me mum has still got her accent and people say to me where am i from so i explain to them that i moved over here from milton keynes and people dont believe me untill they meet me mum and i come out wid the accent sometime and people look at me like to say repeat what you have just said like it'll cme and go
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:39pm
I think its a bit narrow-minded and insular (insular penninsula?) to judge a person by their accent.
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 25th Aug 2008 10:41pm
i know which i get p***ed off about smile
Posted By: BigBadStuey Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 26th Aug 2008 1:42pm
People thought I was well-spoken when I was 7 and moved to Leasowe. I moved from Meols!
Posted By: jadeCere Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 26th Aug 2008 1:57pm
aww i know it still does my head in
Posted By: Ducko Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 27th Aug 2008 12:00pm
i am from severn street dont throw stones at glass houses
Posted By: dingle Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 28th Aug 2008 6:34am
I think the Birkenhead accent is the best, it is a very soft one not harsh like the scouse one. I watched one of the videos from the ghost hunt and was entranced by the accents especially the girls as there soft voices make it even softer. Very similar to some Irish accents. But then I have been away for a long time.

Dave MIller
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Does anybody Care ? Birkenhead - 29th Aug 2008 4:05pm
I don't have any quarms saying where I'm from, I live on Gautby Road now, the area is the same now as it's always been, people may say it's worse now but all in all the area has always been the same.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral