Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:24pm
Someone has just been trying the back door of our house, obviously the doors are locked, ran out to check and they ran through the gardens.

Just make sure you lock all doors and windows in the area.

I advise having a weapon to beat ten kinds of crap out of them, the police won`t mind, don`t worry about that, sooner we get through to this ... the better.
Shame our front door was locked and i couldn`t find my keys in time mad
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:28pm
That's really bad - we had ours broken into whilst we were at home and also it was about 7 in the evening but didn't realise what had happened until about midnight when we were looking for phones etc but then thought back to earlier and realised we had both heard a noise in the conservatory/kitchen and called the police. it was really scarey esp as we had the kids in the house. Good job our dog was upstairs at the time and never made it to the back door in time - it was a windy night and we thought she was being paranoid due to the wind but obviously not. You can't be too careful so please everyone keep doors locked!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:33pm
Police are here now, they have already been informed twice & are looking for a suspect!

Hope they catch the ... happy

Fast responce happy
Posted By: starakita Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:34pm
I learnt my lesson when we got broke into early hours of the morning a year last november,keep everything locked got a baseball bat & another akita
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:35pm
Fingers crossed Ste. They were really good with us when it happened, fast response and then CID half an hour later - just what you need in the early hours when you have work the next morn! Hope you and yours are OK and not too shook up - just remember there are more good people out there than bad - it was just a chancer and he will get his cumuppance
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:36pm
omg The cheek of the ... bags!!
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:37pm
We never got an Akita but we do keep doors locked - even in the summer, kids can't understand why as we didn't tell them, especially our daughter, you can't be too careful.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:39pm
Originally Posted by julie253
Fingers crossed Ste. They were really good with us when it happened, fast response and then CID half an hour later - just what you need in the early hours when you have work the next morn! Hope you and yours are OK and not too shook up - just remember there are more good people out there than bad - it was just a chancer and he will get his cumuppance

Thanks Julie, we are fine, theres been a lot of it around this area lately.

Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:40pm
I carnt believe it!

Jumped over our back fence!

After ragging the handle off the door, craped myself I did. And shouted Ste

The police said they have had more than one phone call and are surching the area

Scared frown
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:47pm
... ... ... I don't know what I would have done if I'd seen the ... who came into our kitchen. Try not to think about it Sarah, just thank god they never got in and at least the police are out looking. x
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:47pm
That`s really bad Ste and Sarah it`s probably a good thing you couldn`t get out in time tho ,stupid law`s and all that ,it would of been you in trouble and not them mad
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:49pm
Anno girls just do shocked:(

Bloody scared me, Ste was strait out the front door and on the garage roof looking but he could only hear them.
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:55pm
Quite agree - although there are things you would like to do to the ... - it is prob a good idea you never caught them. They could have easily had a knife or something. Decent folk never get away with anything and the law always seems to come down on the scums side.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 9:58pm
Yeah Defo Julie

Wouldn't like to think what Ste would ov done if he got them or the person

Will hopefully get a phone call soon off the police to say they have got them

Well I hope anyway x
Posted By: starakita Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:01pm
its a shock when it happens but id still like to beat seven shades out of the ... that done us at least something is getting done hope they catch the ....
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:07pm
Glad your all ok,where abouts in Oxton ???
Posted By: julie253 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:07pm
It wont be the first time they have done this so chances are they will do it again and again until they get caught.
Sarah - it would have been traumatising for you if Ste had got hold of them so another good reason for him not to have done.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:13pm
That's terrible Ste, I thought that you lived in New Brightobn though?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:18pm
Hope Ste and Sarah are ok.

Horrible little ... need some public justice served on them, after that see if they call the police to report being attacked when trying to burgle a house.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:20pm
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Within 1 mile radius of canaerfon castle pub.

Originally Posted by Bezzymate

need to update my profile Bez, Newbo will always be my home though wink
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:26pm
Happened to me a good few years back...hope they catch the fookers..and keep ya tools of the trade handy!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:26pm
Aww,I see Ste. Still bad for you, but I can feel a little safe,if you know what I mean.
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Fireblade

Originally Posted by Bezzymate

need to update my profile Bez, Newbo will always be my home though wink
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:33pm
Thanks everyone

Just a little shook

Just rang my mums friend and she is police watch fo the area, she said in the last 6 months there had been lots ov break ins in the area

Pretty scary Beeing 11 of them in our road which I never seen or herd of

I whent next door panicking to tell my next door neighbour and she told me to chase after them!

I said " are you thick woman"
Posted By: Wench Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:43pm
Bloody hell fire Ste! I'm glad you didn't get hold of them though - you never know what they're carrying these days. Last thing I want is to see you hurt mate! Glad you're both ok, albeit shaken up. Just glad your doors etc were locked. Try and get some sleep the pair of you. Easier said than done I know.

Didn't realise you'd moved - no wonder I haven't seen you lately raftl smack
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:46pm
Awww thanks wench

Was bloody scared , I would be scared got the person or people if my Ste got his hands on them or him

Ste shot on the garage roof like spider man trying to see them but barstard had gone

I'm in bed now , doubt I will sleep well tho as you say
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:49pm
Scumbags!! Glad to hear your both ok.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 11th Jan 2012 10:51pm
Thanks pp
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 1:36am
Hope you're both able to get over this and you're not too terrified. My sister lives off Flatt Lane and my friend lives off Townfield so I must warn them too. God help them if my friends hubby gets them...he'll go ape-sh1t on them and won't give a monkeys whatever the consequences.
Posted By: paulieg Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 9:22am
Hope your both ok! We lived on Flatt Lane for 9 years in that time we were broken into twice, my wifes car was broken into twice. The worst onee though was when my wife was up with my little girl at about 3 in the morning she felt someone was watching her and when she turned round there was a bloke staring in through the patio doors at the back. We called the police and they were there within 5 mins. Unfortunately they couldnt find him.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 9:27am
Thanks Elizabeth and Paulie

Just a shock really, Ste was my hero last night : thumbsup:)

Just waiting for the police to ring me today

So hopefully they have some news
Posted By: rocks Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 9:33am
glad they didn't get in but with so many break ins in that area id be investing in a good safe to put anything like jewellery and passport etc in for when the house is empty, my dad had a break in once when i was living there and you find its the small sentimental things they take that hurts the most, TVs etc can be replaced
Posted By: uptonbaz Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 11:06am
dont worry the magistrates care for them
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 11:09am
Yes rocks we do have something sorted wink

Just a knight mere really
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 12:15pm
Someone has just been trying the back door of our house, obviously the doors are locked, ran out to check and they ran through the gardens.

I advise having a weapon to beat ten kinds of crap out of them, the police won`t mind, don`t worry about that, sooner we get through to this ... the better.
looks like someone has been watching your house Ste to try and break in.
must be an awfull feeling knowing someone trying to break in.Glad they never got in though and you are safe.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 12:17pm
It's not someone watching tr

It's happend to over 9-11 houses in the next 6 months

Plus most ov them was our road
Posted By: Edna_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 1:30pm
For you Sarah.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/650883.html#Post650883
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 6:47pm
Glad you are both ok, such a shame but Oxton is Merseyside's capital of Burglary and Motor Vehicle Theft!! I used to live in my dads not far from Oxton Village, we have had a motorbike, a car stolen, 2 other cards broken into over the years, 1 home burglary while we were out, 2 while we were in, one when I was pregnant and I found the idiot in the kitchen, and a few times people jumping over the back wall for stuff to steal or to try and get in. All this with CCTV and secure windows and doors. It really is more common than people think.

We live three floors up now in a flat and I have never slept so well in my life!! I do look out the window though when I hear something, and have called the police on more than one occasion because of suspicious behaviour.

Everyone should keep themselves safe.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Heads up Oxton Important! - 12th Jan 2012 7:23pm
TOLLEMACHE ROAD NORTH END

Not sure if its connected.My neighbour informed us today that someone had tried to break into their house at approx 2am this morning. They have grandchildren staying with them so they are currently using their front room as their bedroom. They were awoken by a scratching noise on the window then all of a sudden the blinds were pulled back and somebodys head was coming through the small upper front window.They screamed out and the scumbag fled. Now i suspect it was an opportunist as they had the window very slightly open but on a latch to let in some air and had forgot to shut it ,but people should be aware that there are people going around after dark looking for opportunitys
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 7:29pm

mad Cheeky little sh!ts mad
Glad ye all ok. wink
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 7:36pm
Thanks again peeps

Maybe there is a connection not to sure

The police have not long rang

They said that they are visiting orther peoria in the road as I wasn't the only one to report this last night

They said they are putting more patrols on foot and in cars

And advised me to keep most windows shut

Thanks have I was shook up but I'm ok now good job myself and Ste arnt heavy sleepers
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 7:46pm
[quote=Fireblade]Glad your all ok,where abouts in Oxton ???

From the pub are u talking Art Gallery,or Townfield school ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 7:53pm
Townfield lane.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 8:11pm
Townfield lane.

Cheers fella
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 8:14pm

hey ste & sarah

so glad you are both ok, i know what you mean mate i have baseball bats in every room, and yes i would use them, dont care how old or what sex, my and my family work hard to pay for all our nice things, if these people have no money, GET A JOB ... bag barstard busted
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 8:19pm
Lol thanks lemon

We're ok now

Was a shock but hoping to sleep better than I did last night lol

They better bloody find them
Posted By: meowy Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 12th Jan 2012 9:14pm
my thoughts are with you, xx
Posted By: dave_h Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 13th Jan 2012 11:29pm
shame u never got the fookers, made them squeel! the Grrrs always seem to get away, like when my bro chased 2 down the road in his socks waving a bat arround his head,
Posted By: gemgem87 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 13th Jan 2012 11:45pm
Glad you're both OK Ste and Sarah, can't think how terrifying it must have been for you! Shame they weren't caught, but as most others have said Ste if you had caught them you just don't know these days what people are armed with, part of me says it's not worth the risk but the other part says I wish you'd caught and battered hell out of them! At least then you would have felt some sort of justice had been done
Posted By: dave_h Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 13th Jan 2012 11:49pm
problem with catching them is they know were you are, and could exact some retribution onb ur property, hard one how much vengeance to give out verses how much you could reap upon urself
Posted By: gemgem87 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 13th Jan 2012 11:58pm
Yeah good point Dave, too many people these days are of the "I'll get my mate's-brother's-gran's-dog's-owner onto you!" nature (or as I think of it, being unable to finish a fight they've started!), and sometimes it just isn't worth bringing that crap onto your doorstep
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:29am
Thanks dave and Gemma
we're ok now just hope they catch them or the person
Don't like going downstairs at night on my own now lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:33am
cheeky thieving ****! hope they come to my Backdoor.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:35am
Anno I wanted Ste to get them but then again if Ste hurt them the eyes of the law say that Ste would be in the wrong
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:36am
it wouldn't be me giving them a hiding.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:38am
Lol wink
Posted By: granny Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:41am
Ste and Sarah, I don't know of you so well as others but that makes no difference.
It's a pretty hard time for you I am sure and it has to be one of the most unsettling and nerve racking experienes that anyone can imagine. Here's hoping you can overcome it soon and all my good wishes. So sorry. Granny.x
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:55am
Granny thank you very much

All our friends on here are gob smacked about it

Thank you for your lovley words of comfort, Ste seems to be more settled than I am but trying to get back in to normal routine

Just the shock I think

Would love the police to say they have someone soon but doesn't happen like that

I really appriciate everyone posting words ov comfort

Granny and orthers on this thread plus pmd texts Facebook and phone calls
Thank you all so very much xxxx
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 10:06am
Wow thanks everyone, we are going to get some CCTV for the driveway, we have it on the front but it's antique now and could do with replacing.
New infra red units are cheap these days so for a few quid it could stop an attempt or even catch someone!

I remember wheels posting up mugshots of an attempted theft of his motorbike. They were caught and dealt with by court.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 10:43am
hey ste get a big angry dog and set it on the robbing barstewards
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 10:55am
Originally Posted by lemonhead
hey ste get a big angry dog and set it on the robbing barstewards

withthat

Thankyou lemonhead, I've been trying for a while but my Missus won't let me frown
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:25am
I heard something the other day since new laws come in saying you can protect your property with reasonable force, burglars are putting the kettle on as soon as they enter a property so they have something to throw at you if you catch them in the act. Probably BS but still scary stuff and something to be wary of.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:33am
Hey Ghostly i heard that years ago i thought at the time how bad was that ,it`s as if it is their god forbidden right to enter some one`s home and help them selves they sicken me mad
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:38am
See that's the problem

There is laws apon rules about what to do and not to do when someone enters your home

You do the wrong thing and bam the person who is getting robbed goes to jail and the robber gets sod all

Personally like most people who have posted on this topic I would like to knock seven kinds out the robber but Scared of what he carries

Ect knife, gun, plus what if they have a deadley infection
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 12:04pm
Originally Posted by ghostly1
I heard something the other day since new laws come in saying you can protect your property with reasonable force, burglars are putting the kettle on as soon as they enter a property so they have something to throw at you if you catch them in the act. Probably BS but still scary stuff and something to be wary of.

Bad enough them helping them selves to our goods, never mind the cheeky barstewards helping them selves to a brew aswell.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 2:21pm
Sorry to hear it I hope that you are all ok, this happened to us last Sunday luckily the door was locked and luckily for him he could run quite fast as he did not see me come the other way; chased him all the way to the park.

The police came quickly to be fair to them, sounds bad but always lock your doors, get some good CCTV installed and pir sensored lighting.

Stay Safe everyone.

PS the concept of reasonable force has always been there its not a new law, you can use reasonable force to defend yourself others and property........ its a decision YOU can only take I know what I would do but ive been training for years.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 2:31pm
Awww thanks but same to you

Chasing him??? Bloody hell

See we shouldn't have to do this, feel like we are imprisioned in our own homes

This person or persons need to be stopped

Hope you and your family are ok puntoar
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 3:01pm
Yes I am with that hundred percent angie

Yes we're fine now thanks

smile

Welcome to Wikki too smile

Need any help just let me know
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 3:32pm
That`s the door i`d like to see them come through, Body builders door lol would serve them right aswell
Posted By: puntoar Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 6:43pm
Thank You, were all ok thanks, just need to send the dog on some training to teach her to bark!!!!
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 7:30pm
lol
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 7:34pm
Lol good idear dude thumbsup
Posted By: Oddone Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 8:53pm
Heres my 2p and lets see how you all respond to this.

Every thread i read on here decends into what i will describe as a witch hunt. Everyone claiming the Wirral needs to be ridden of the ... of the earth by what ever means possible, causing more paranoia and fear then needs to be. Yes i wont lie things like this do happen and yes it is awful when they do happen, However one may happen here one may happen over there and the 3rd happens over that far hill there. There is no link between them and they are all spread over a great distance and are in no way related. But when you group them all together like this under one roof (thread) and add all the war stories, It makes it seem like this is happening all over the place all of the time! Therefore jazzing the situation up even more then it needs to be and doing nothing but create more paranoia and stress to people! Anyway thats my first observation.

Secondly when you all go on about what you would do to someone if they broke into your home and how the law favours the criminal and not the victim bear this in mind -

Comman Law Use Of Force says - If you have an honsetly held belief that you or another are in imminent danger, you may use such force as is reasonable and necessary to avert danger.

Now think about this, a Criminal breaks into someones house with no other intention then to obtain a laptop he can see thats been left out. He forces open a window, gains entry and begins to collect the item he has spotted. He is then confronted by the home owner whom he has disturbed. The home owner then proceeds to use violence against him. Does the Criminal not have a right to defend himself against the home owner under the above?

The Criminal dies due to injuries sustained from the home owners actions. The home owner must stand in front of a court and plead his case of Protection of his home, his property and above all his family. The Criminal in no way offerd violence to the home owner.

So the home owner can not use self defence as a reason to act. The Criminal did not have a knife or other bladed/pointed article about his person so the use of lethal force against the Criminal was not sanctioned. Assuming he could have a knife 'cause thats what kids do these days' is not a defence under law unless he pulled out a knife and threatened to use it thus confirming he had one so you would be able to justify the use of force. But in this scenario he didnt pull out a knife so therefore did not have one. But if he also had a knife on him but it stayed in his sock the whole time would that still be enough for him to claim self defence? How can the home owner claim self defence against somthing he didnt know excisted??

In response to the first comment on this thread and like many others what if you did catch someone in your garden and they then run off down the road. This is them trying to escape not confronting you, You catch upto them and then what? You trip them up, place them onto the floor and sit on them waiting for the Police to arrive? Ok fair enough. How about you push him to the floor and give him a sly kick while hes down, He then fights back to help himself escape from the situtaion and the present danger against him. Who was in the wrong? The 'criminal' has ran off and poses no danger or threat against you therefore can you act against him?

Now im not saying you cant act against him, im just saying does it always have to involve the threats of violence you are all quick to type in your keyboard warrior mannor. It just strikes me that some people on here type without realising the consequences of what you are saying.

All the above is just said for guidance and should never be acted upon or referred to, Its all based on a made up pretend scenario for example purposes. Anyway just trying to paint a bit more of that big picture that everyone these days seems to look at and ignore or just not look at in the slightest! smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 9:46pm
Or you could work on the premise that it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Posted By: Wench Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 9:54pm
You make some very valid points Oddone. I think the issue is the "perceived threat". Now what I perceive a threat to my person may very well be different to yours, even in the same circumstances.

From experience, I'd say that in most cases, what people think they would do and what they actually do are 2 different things. I'd like to think if anyone broke into mine, I'd wrap my crutch or walking stick round their head. In reality, I'd probably scream and cry like the big girl I am, but hopefully I'll never find out.

Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 10:50pm
All I can say wench is its horrible
Woulnt wish it on my worst enimie
Posted By: Wench Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:08pm
Loads of us had our rooms in the Nurses Home broken into when we were all on a night out. That was bad enough frown At that time, everything I owned was in that room. I bleached everywhere they may have touched. The whole corridor reeked of bleach and disinfectant for weeks. The worst thing was, it didn't take much to get into the rooms as we all knew that if we locked ourselves out of our rooms, all we needed was an empty coke bottle (or other plastic pop bottle) cut and folded, and you just had to slide it down the gap in the door and flick the locks.

They introduced a card system to get into the building after that, but all it took was someone to say they were xxxxx's new boyfriend and someone would let them in. Had a psych patient go on a rampage in there one night after gaining entry that way.

We took it for granted that we'd be safe on hospital property. How wrong we were frown
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:11pm
I can imagine

But this was our home that we both have spent a fortune on

I hate jealous people
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:34pm
Originally Posted by Oddone
Heres my 2p and lets see how you all respond to this.

Every thread i read on here decends into what i will describe as a witch hunt. Everyone claiming the Wirral needs to be ridden of the ... of the earth by what ever means possible, causing more paranoia and fear then needs to be. Yes i wont lie things like this do happen and yes it is awful when they do happen, However one may happen here one may happen over there and the 3rd happens over that far hill there. There is no link between them and they are all spread over a great distance and are in no way related. But when you group them all together like this under one roof (thread) and add all the war stories, It makes it seem like this is happening all over the place all of the time! Therefore jazzing the situation up even more then it needs to be and doing nothing but create more paranoia and stress to people! Anyway thats my first observation.

Secondly when you all go on about what you would do to someone if they broke into your home and how the law favours the criminal and not the victim bear this in mind -

Comman Law Use Of Force says - If you have an honsetly held belief that you or another are in imminent danger, you may use such force as is reasonable and necessary to avert danger.

Now think about this, a Criminal breaks into someones house with no other intention then to obtain a laptop he can see thats been left out. He forces open a window, gains entry and begins to collect the item he has spotted. He is then confronted by the home owner whom he has disturbed. The home owner then proceeds to use violence against him. Does the Criminal not have a right to defend himself against the home owner under the above?

The Criminal dies due to injuries sustained from the home owners actions. The home owner must stand in front of a court and plead his case of Protection of his home, his property and above all his family. The Criminal in no way offerd violence to the home owner.

So the home owner can not use self defence as a reason to act. The Criminal did not have a knife or other bladed/pointed article about his person so the use of lethal force against the Criminal was not sanctioned. Assuming he could have a knife 'cause thats what kids do these days' is not a defence under law unless he pulled out a knife and threatened to use it thus confirming he had one so you would be able to justify the use of force. But in this scenario he didnt pull out a knife so therefore did not have one. But if he also had a knife on him but it stayed in his sock the whole time would that still be enough for him to claim self defence? How can the home owner claim self defence against somthing he didnt know excisted??

In response to the first comment on this thread and like many others what if you did catch someone in your garden and they then run off down the road. This is them trying to escape not confronting you, You catch upto them and then what? You trip them up, place them onto the floor and sit on them waiting for the Police to arrive? Ok fair enough. How about you push him to the floor and give him a sly kick while hes down, He then fights back to help himself escape from the situtaion and the present danger against him. Who was in the wrong? The 'criminal' has ran off and poses no danger or threat against you therefore can you act against him?

Now im not saying you cant act against him, im just saying does it always have to involve the threats of violence you are all quick to type in your keyboard warrior mannor. It just strikes me that some people on here type without realising the consequences of what you are saying.

All the above is just said for guidance and should never be acted upon or referred to, Its all based on a made up pretend scenario for example purposes. Anyway just trying to paint a bit more of that big picture that everyone these days seems to look at and ignore or just not look at in the slightest! smile

clap

Well well well, it seems everything you have said is correct, kind of brings the "think before you act" scenario to the brain within 2 seconds of reading it, that tells me your either a police officer, law student, barrister or parole officer?

Personally, having been burgled quite a few years back, I know what it feels like.
If anyone tries breaking in here whilst I'm in and I catch them I'll beat ten kinds of shite out of them, see, thing is, that ... will take the blame for the last burglary, my car mirror being broken, scratches on my car, my dog being stolen, the idiot that cut me up etc etc, everything that's happened to do with scumbag asshole smack rats shall be laden upon the would be thief.
Maybe they'd kick my ass? But hey! You don't think about that at the time, they're gonna be more interested in escaping than sticking around beating the shite out of you anyway.

Consequences? I don't give a crap, I catch em? I'll beat them within an inch of their lives and I say that proudly.

smile

I for one am sick of the ... and the way society has become in the "modern age". People need to sort this ... out and maybe they will think twice before they attempt it in the future.
I'm pretty sure it's not just me who thinks this either.

Just my opinion wink
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:42pm
I think the law has got it`s hands tied and when the police finally get`s the scumbag`s in court with all the evidence stacked against the ..., they are then met with the do gooder`s who get them off normally with a ticking off or some thing harsh (lol) like that ,vicious cicle if you ask me ,idealy the police should find them bring them back to the people they bothered and let the victims deal with them ,lesson`s learn`t but that won`t happen
Posted By: Wench Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:43pm
It's the CPS that are the weak link IMPO.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 14th Jan 2012 11:50pm
probably Wench ,you know much more than most about this sort of thing ,but there is a weekness ,and that does cause the problem smile
Posted By: puntoar Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 8:52am
"I for one am sick of the ... and the way society has become in the "modern age". People need to sort this ... out and maybe they will think twice before they attempt it in the future.
I'm pretty sure it's not just me who thinks this either."

Ste, I will second that!!!!!

Posted By: lemonhead Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 8:59am
well said ste, im with you on that mate, kick 10 kinds of shit out of them, its not just replacing items they steal, its the mental issue, if you have kids, they will be scared going to bed, and you will be on edge for months, trusting no1 busted
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 9:55am
Ste, sorry to hear about what happened, hope that it doesnt affect you too much and that the ... (no other word for it) get their just desserts one way or another.

I am totally with you on your point. I know the self defense/equal force argument that some try, but tbh, if someone were to try it on I would do the same thing.

Its easy for the PC brigade to say 'oooh thats naughty', but my point would be, you have no idea of peoples intent. They might not be there to burgle, their purpose could be a lot more sinister (kidnap/rape/murder/etc). They do not break into your house and hand you an itinerary of what they plan to do.

It might seem a little extreme, but it does happen and there are some crazy people out there. You never know if your house will end up being the unlucky one.

I will do anything to protect my family and on that, I will defend my family. I would go at them with anything to hand regardless of if they went for me or not or had a visible weapon or not, damn the consequences. Slightly altering an above post, better to be judged by 12, than someone you love be carried by 6.

The PC brigade can do their 'well if they didnt have a weapon, blah, blah', but I honestly am of the opinion that you enter someones house, you lose any rights and risk your life. Yes that is an opinion, not law, but at the time, they are willing to break the law by entering my house so the law is irrelevant to them, so its definitely going to be for me when its comes to going for them.

Don't get me wrong, what I say may seem harsh and wrong or maybe OTT, and I am no means a fighter/warrior/whatever, I dont carry baseball bats around the house, etc. I dont even know how effective I would be, but that does not mean I would not try my best to protect those I love, to me that means attacking the threat until it ceases to become a threat. That is how I feel.

I dont think I am the only one.

Off rant, again Ste, sorry to hear this happened.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 10:31am
When they're on the floor unconscious don't forget to get the knife out the kitchen and get his fingerprints on it.
"yes mr plod he was armed!"
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 10:36am
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
When they're on the floor unconscious don't forget to get the knife out the kitchen and get his fingerprints on it.
"yes mr plod he was armed!"

..cheeky bar steward was trying to pinch my good stabbing knife frown guv'nor
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 3:11pm
I agree with rhoobarb, if someone wants to break into your house to steal your things then it's their own fault if they get beat up/killed, they take that risk by doing it. Not to say I'd beat anyone up if they broke into my house, I'd just cry, haha.

It's not just them taking things but you'd be scared to be in your own house, wouldn't sleep, paranoid of every noise etc. If they think it's okay to do that then maybe having some sense knocked into them is what they need!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 15th Jan 2012 3:14pm
I would give them a good beating they wouldnt touch my stuff that i have worked for.
and comming into my property.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 17th Jan 2012 8:07pm
Colorado politicians named a law after Clint Eastwood:"the Make My Day" statute that basically allowed homeowners to use deadly force against illegal trespassers.

I presume burglarly is classed as trespassing

souce The Big Issue north NO.910 jANUARY 16 - 22
Posted By: puntoar Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 24th Jan 2012 9:00pm
Well having been to look at my bike a few weeks ago, the little buggers came back on Sunday night and stole it despite me adding extra security and locks they worked their way through them moved the other bikes out of the way and stole mine. Happened in the early hours I didnt hear them and the dog musnt have either. I have spent Monday fortifying the back yard and shed spending quite a bit of money on even extra security.
Please let me know if you see anyone selling cheap bikes in particular a Giant Teraggo 21" frame I have already asked around the area and let it be known what will happen if i ID the culprit.
As a matter of interest, I have fitted a state of the art cctv system around the house; should I record images of further thefts what are the legalities of placing these pics on websites and forums such as this one?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 24th Jan 2012 9:06pm
Sorry to hear that puntour, just put the images up.

Whelan (a member of ours) put images on Facebook and here and the thieves were caught and dealt with in court.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 24th Jan 2012 9:40pm
Thanks for your reply, I am armed and ready now so if they come back and the police are unable to ID them, they will be posted.
Posted By: johnny Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 25th Jan 2012 4:43pm
you are welcome to enter my property uninvited as long as i am there
pay your penny take your chance
simplzzzzzz
Posted By: Turrican Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 2nd Feb 2012 11:22pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/giant-ter...ing_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2c62c628f1

Spotted this on ebay, seller is in Liverpool and has no feedback?
Posted By: JLowe Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 2nd Feb 2012 11:44pm
Dreadful occurrence.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 3rd Feb 2012 2:06am
Originally Posted by JLowe
Dreadful occurrence.

Bloody ridiculous they lengths some chaps go to for a cheese sandwich.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 3rd Feb 2012 3:07pm
The ebay link looks good, can't Merseysides finest do anything about it? Hope you see this puntoar.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Oxton : Attempted Break in ! - 3rd Feb 2012 3:10pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
The ebay link looks good, can't Merseysides finest do anything about it? Hope you see this puntoar.

With that bandy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral