Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 9:57pm
Remember this amazing site for torrennts although TPB know dominates infact TPB brought this off Sloncek.

Suprnova.org is back smile Enjoy!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 10:01pm
Lol its been back many times... and every time it gets eaten up again.

Last time Sloncek apparently sold up, it ended up as a advert site riddled with trojans after a few weeks lol.

I just stick to Mininova nowadays smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 10:03pm
Aye smile hehe i dont think it'l die know cause TPB have brought it so who knows i think there starting to Play with fire..
Posted By: Mark Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 10:51pm
TPB ?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 11:03pm
The Pirate Bay frown sorry...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 11:49pm
torrents dont work for me and are gayer than elton john
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Suprnova.org - 26th Sep 2007 11:58pm
Torrents work wonders for me... although I prefer Rapidshare nowadays for warez. What problems you having mate??

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Suprnova.org - 27th Sep 2007 10:20am
Radpidshare is nice smile http://rapidgrab.org/search/ not a bad site for warez.. Wrong site orginally posted was the wrong one as i couldnt remember which site it was..
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Suprnova.org - 27th Sep 2007 10:30am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Torrents work wonders for me... although I prefer Rapidshare nowadays for warez. What problems you having mate??

smile

when i try downloading via torrents i get a max of 40kb/s on a 20 mb line (live about 4 miles from the exchange) - plus if i try to browse the web while torrents are downloading they too open really slow... got 3 computers on a home network... have forwarded the ports for the router to allow the connection on the right ports to my comp, along with making exceptions in xp firewall and also tried disabling it - have even tried with only my comp connected and iirc tried on gf's laptop connected directly into the telewest router bypassing the netgear one.... all to no avail... any ideas? i sometimes get a 200kb/s but still cant browse.... it's worse than dial-up if i even try
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Suprnova.org - 27th Sep 2007 10:31am
these days i usually just use katz.cd for appz and commercial albums but i rarely download music these days
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Suprnova.org - 27th Sep 2007 11:49am
Dont forget fella that your download speeds with torrents (as indeed with all p2p applications) are limited by other users upload speeds, and the amount of seeds/downloaders on that torrent.

This is one of the reasons I rarely use it nowadays, if you know the sites to go onto, you can get a lot of stuff on Rapidshare, which will let you have it at 10Mbps or more.

Personally, the only the thing I use torrents for nowadays (other then the odd bit of well seeded software or music) is UK Nova for all the TV programs, where I can get 8Mbps or more as it works on a ratio system and everyone seeds.

The other thing to consider, is that a lot of ISP's are pissed off with people using torrents (basically because the ISP will sell "20Mbps" of bandwidth to you, but if you use it, they are running your service at a loss unless they are charging upwards of £120 per month lol) and are therefore starting to throttle ports, and even going as far as actually shaping your traffic and net usage to how they like it.

Imho, they shouldnt be able to do this, they say 20Mbps for instance and this is what they should provide, if they cant then they shouldnt be advertising it, but they will get away with it as Ofcom only go after Sky for anything, even TalkTalk get away with all their shit, and the problem is only set to get worse, they rekon by the end of 2008, there will be very few ISP who don't forcibly "shape" your traffic.

frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral