Forums
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:09pm
This wed, So come on, What you think its going to be ?

21/05/08 20:45 Kick off,

Man United VS Chelsea
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:11pm
Come on Chelsea

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:12pm
fight

UTD all the way bananadance
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:14pm
Chelsea deserve it.

I agree with Avram on the referee decision's, they do look very suspect, and Chelsea hardly ever get decisions in their favour because they are the most hated club in the league, so it makes a lot of sense. Premier League refs have historically always favoured Utd.

The decisions highlighted were big decisions and cost Chelsea the league imho, so they deffo deserve to win it.

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:16pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Chelsea deserve it.

smile

They both do just as much, They both have worked hard to get to the final, One team can't deserve it more than the other one when they both made it to the final,

And thats coming from a manc fan smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:17pm
I believe Chelsea deserve it more though, because of the injustice of the league situation.

Utd have never been too strong at European level anyway, always flop in the end, so it wouldnt surprise me if Chelsea walked over them tbh, 4-0 lol.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:19pm
The league has nuffin to do with the UEFA Champions League,

I say let the best team on the day win smile
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:22pm
i want chelsea to win...the h8 the mancs with a passion!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:24pm
Yes it has nothing to do with it, but Chelsea deserve it, because they would have won the league if it hadnt have been for referees favouring Utd in everything and everyone hating Chelsea, so the second place of battle is in this final, and as the referee wont be from the UK (Sweden iirc) then Utd wont have the usual favourable decisions they get in the league.

Lets face it, the only reason they beat Barca was because they played a shambles of a team, in an absolute mess right now both on and off the pitch, and relying too heavily on a single young lad namely Messi.

The fact that Chelsea hammered an in-form Liverpool team and tamed the likes of Torres, a team with real European pedigree (2 finals in 3 years for instance), says to me that Chelsea earned their final place just a bit more than Utd.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:27pm
Besides, the real footballing final (not the soap opera) was played yesterday lol.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:27pm
Disagree, Sorry lol
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:30pm
to be fair...i think its going to be an equal match...both teams play good football...am sure it will be intense...but am sorry to all the utd fans i do want chelsea to win smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:32pm
Originally Posted by Civic_Coupe_Sean
Disagree, Sorry lol

You disagree with what?

Fact - Utd narrowly beat an out of sorts Barca team, who had their best players been filled with confidence and they had a full team to field, would have provided much tougher opposition. Everyone knew Frank was on his way, and that severely dented the Barca team morale, Ronaldinho, arguably their star player, has been a shadow all season and injured, Messi is worn out and too young and inexperienced, Henry has played crap all season, no Puyol etc...

Fact - Chelsea beat an in form Liverpool side, that had the pleasure of fielding a fully fit, underused in the league (nothing to play for) squad, who have masses of experience when it comes to the big games in Europe and were deffo favourites to win the match before the 1st leg. Chelsea showed a passion that I havent seen from any of the other 3 teams, they not only beat Liverpool, but they kept battling and absolutely thumped them!!

Chelsea showed to me, the sort of passion Liverpool play with in the CL, and that has been the secret to our success over recent years. Chelsea will have more fight and determination than Utd after coming so close, but losing the league title.

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:34pm
Its the same when we win anything or get in any type of final, Other fans seem to try and put us down and say stuff like that lol
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:34pm
go matt...go matt.... smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:36pm
Its the same when we win anything or get in any type of final, Other fans seem to try and put us down and say stuff like that lol

But you can't disagree with the two facts raised surely? If you take an interest in the other teams, you will realise how big a win Chelsea was, and how pathetic Barcelona are right now.

I know as Barca are my second team, and when I saw them drawn up against Utd, I gave Utd the win straight away anyway, cos there was no chance of Barca beating a half decent team.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:38pm
cant football be a very touchy subject wink
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:38pm
But at the end of the day we still beat all the teams to make it to the final, So therefor we both deserve it the same, We both made it to the final no matter who they both played, They both got to the final.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:39pm
*sings* you'll never walk alone *sings*
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:40pm
This is about Man United VS Chelsea "NOT" Liverpool lol.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:45pm
it mite not be...but did you know...the song you'll never walk alone...was actually sang by a band called Gerry and the Pacemakers, and isnt just Liverpool's team anthem...its just Liverpool is well known for it...i was just singing..... smile....plus it just happens that Liverpool are the best team int he world neway smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 1:48pm
UEFA Champions League final = Man United VS Chelsea

I Don't see any liverpool in there tease

And i know this topic ain't about Liverpool cause i started the bloody thing haha, So there is no "it mite not be" About it wink

Stick on topic please
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 3:18pm
Originally Posted by Corsa_Nikki0166
but did you know...the song you'll never walk alone...was actually sang by a band called Gerry and the Pacemakers, and isnt just Liverpool's team anthem...

This is very true, iirc, Celtic use it, and Monchengladbach in Germany do also.

smile
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 3:55pm
the song youll never walk alone is taken from an old classical song or summit, dont like either team, good that its all english at the final though, really hoping for a mass alien abduction on wednesday
Posted By: Sludge Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:05pm
I hate both teams with a passion , im also awaiting an alien abduction, and i hope Drogba gets analy probed in front of gazillions of viewers world wide . cheating tw-t : might paint the scirting boards wed night theres f-ck all on the telly worth watching.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:21pm
injustice of what league sitch matt? being the better side over 38 games?! confused
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:23pm
Originally Posted by Corsa_Nikki0166
but did you know...the song you'll never walk alone...was actually sang by a band called Gerry and the Pacemakers, and isnt just Liverpool's team anthem...

This is very true, iirc, Celtic use it, and Monchengladbach in Germany do also.

smile

aye, celtic use it... and gers have "tina turner - simply the fooking best" haha - pure gash that song
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:53pm
Think i know who i want to win wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sludge Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:54pm
The song " You will never walk alone" was from the musical carousel as far as Celtic using it , and the Munchers , they only started using it after we beat them in 77, so it is irellevant as its synonamous solely associated with the mighty reds .
for the record to keep on topic , Ill put Chelsea 2-1 through a lot of diving and hamming it up in front of the ref , the game will be sh-t just like the 2007 FA cup final . Cant wait for the 2009 season , Drogba will be gone bye bye clap Ferguson , its about time he retired anyway. then maybe the refs can get on with there jobs without trying to please the moaning pr-ck.
Posted By: Sludge Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 4:55pm
Think i know who i want to win wink

[Linked Image]
who! you drop some Heinz ketchup down you arm
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 5:24pm
Dont like either...BUT....Ive been dragged to pub all season to watch UTD play every match.....and seeing as I hate Chelsea with a passion...

Gonna have to be the Northeners Im afraid.....

So come on UTD...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 6:27pm
Originally Posted by renault_longmong
injustice of what league sitch matt? being the better side over 38 games?! confused

Listen to comments made by Avram Grant (nice to see the FA are now protecting Utd as usual and going after Chelsea for Grant making the comments), think about them seriously, and he has some positively amazing points, for example:

Last Sunday, the deciding day of the title race the referee was obviously willing Utd on for the titlle.

Scholes should have been sent off, but wow, he wasnt, he got a yellow for the first offence, repeated the offence and got nothing the second time he commited the very same offence against the very same player.

Then there was a clear penalty decision after Koumas had been fouled by Rio Ferdinand, but again, the referee gave the decision Utd's way.

There have also been other numerous decisions over the season that seem to go in favour of Utd.

The problem is, everyone hates Chelsea, especially referees so if helping Utd gets one over on them, then a lot of refs will do it where possible.

The other problem is neutrality; I recall a survey Talksport did not so long ago, and it turned out that the vast majority of Mancunians born and bread, were actually Citeh supports, it seemed that most, including a high percentage of regular attendees at Old Trafford, have little or no connection at all with Manchester, and are glory grabbers not wanting to support a team that is even remotely local to them; it is for this reason, a lot of refs are influenced by their own liking of Utd (and to a degree the same can be said for Liverpool), but not just refs, also their families, kids etc can have a strong influence as to what team a referee prefers.

Refs are so protected in this game when they give contraversial decisions, that it is no surprise they feel at liberty to play blind to some teams when they do wrong and yet punish other teams for the same things.

Imho, the game at Wigan was a fix, and the sending off at the beginning of the season of Mikel was in no way a red card, and as Grant said, it completely changed the game for Chelsea.

Regardless though, Chelsea did pretty damn well, as its no secret that referees hate them and everything they stand for, the players have been aggressive towards refs in the past and nobody liked Mourinho or the way Chelsea bought their way to success.
Posted By: dave_g Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 8:35pm
jus sounds to me that man u were the better team over a season and should manage the double,as for games bein fixed thats just bitter an a load of crap! tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 8:37pm
Originally Posted by corsa_can
jus sounds to me that man u were the better team over a season and should manage the double,as for games bein fixed thats just bitter an a load of crap! tease

Well you try explaining why referees always seem to favour Man Utd over Chelsea. And I personally hate both teams.
Posted By: dave_g Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 8:42pm
refs get it wrong all the time not jus where the title fight is concerned its just highlighted more!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 8:46pm
yeah they do fair enough, but there was deffo some foul play involved in the scholes decision.

Not saying they still wudnt have won the game, as they do have the strength in depth to do so against Wigan, but it still gave them an unfair advantage.

smile
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 9:29pm
foul play, thats just daft! yes he should have been sent off but refs make mistakes they are human! you get people whining foul play all the time, for example i know a bluenose who when in the champs league the other year when collina (best ref in the world) chalked off a perfectly legitimate everton goal vs villareal claimed it was fixed because uefa didnt want 5 english teams in the competition!!!!!!!!!! sour grapes just make people look stupid, united have deserved to win the league and heres hoping they beat chelsea too!
Posted By: dave_g Re: UEFA Champions League final - 18th May 2008 9:37pm
withthattypical liverpool fan hear what ur sayin matt but it sounds like"urr we not good enough to compete with man u urrr"
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 20th May 2008 10:43pm
Well, Not long to go now pray
Posted By: BMW_Sparkie Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 9:19am
Come on Chelsea!! thumbsup
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 9:21am
i agree vivaro_sparkie!!! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 1:08pm
aliendanceChelsea aliendance
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 1:09pm
chelsea have to win...lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 2:36pm
COME ON YOU NORTHENERS !!!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 3:32pm
well i still say come on you aliens, and take the whole stadium and fans and teams to another planet, they wont get a better opportunity
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 3:39pm
CHELSEA!!!
Posted By: mike849 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 4:54pm
COME ON MAN UTD!!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 5:00pm
gary neville, paul scholes, ryan giggs, hell, even phil neville what a bunch of living legends, eh sparkie?
Posted By: mike849 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 5:02pm
haha at least liverpool aint in it!

Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 5:41pm
aliens!!!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 5:42pm
aliens!!!
Posted By: BMW_Sparkie Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 6:00pm
gary neville, paul scholes, ryan giggs, hell, even phil neville what a bunch of living legends, eh sparkie?

I hope minimong turns out to be an Oldham fan.

The thought of Gary Neville lifting that trophy....no no no it cant happen!!!

Come on chelsea.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 6:19pm
When Utd are even allowed to wear the UEFA badge of honour, then maybe they will be considered one of the "great" teams.

But right now, only Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Ajax and Bayern Munich are honoured enough, because they are the greatest teams ever, by fact not opinion.

smile
Posted By: BMW_Sparkie Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 6:25pm
withthat bananadance
Posted By: Sludge Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 7:12pm
durge so far 23 mins in sleep sleep
the country wanted the true euro masters playing today LFC , not wanna be,s. Aliens please
Posted By: Sludge Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 7:24pm
hold on might have a game here , things are looking up.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 9:35pm
urgh - man-u-fooking-nited
Posted By: chiccy Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 9:36pm
omg i was on the edge of me laptop there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BMW_Sparkie Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 9:36pm
That was not in the feckin script... thumbsdown
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 10:13pm
WAHEY "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gutted you Dirty Southeners hahahahaha

Get In...
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 10:30pm
Originally Posted by Vivaro_Sparkie

I hope minimong turns out to be an Oldham fan.

The thought of Gary Neville lifting that trophy....no no no it cant happen!!!

Come on chelsea.

the only time minimong (did i really just call my son that?) will go near oldham is in the away end cheering on the rovers! that is of course, if oldham are fortunate enough to be in the same division!

p.s glory glory man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 10:52pm
somad thumbsdown
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 21st May 2008 11:59pm
GET THE FOOK IN, IM SOOOOOOOOOO FOOKING HAPPY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smile smile smile smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:01am
haha barstard - dont like either team but would have been happier for chelsea to win them fukers lol !!!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:09am
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smile

GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!

UTD TILL I DIE

"Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Puuuuuuuuut the scousers on the top, Put the city in the middle and burn theeeee fooking lot" wink
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:10am
LOL
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:15am
a bit late arent you sean

match finished ages ago
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:17am
Been in work then out mate lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 2:32am
whoa whoa whoa there seany boy...

Ive been out drinking...celebrating...but remember where you are before you go slagging off the scousers hahahahaha
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 10:03am
Work was the best mate, All shift was just a big deep convo about footy, lol, All the liverpool fans were picking on me but i was giving it them back haha,

I'm so happy smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:22pm

GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!

UTD TILL I DIE

"Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Puuuuuuuuut the scousers on the top, Put the city in the middle and burn theeeee fooking lot" wink

Take a walk round Liverpool singing that and see what happens. That is absolutely low mate. As much as I hate the mancs, I wouldn't sing shit like that about them.

Are you actually a Manc? Like from Manchester lol.

Yet again a moderator breaks the rules:

9.2.1 upload/s / post or transmit material that infringes the intellectual property rights or © copyrights or other rights of others or post or transmit any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, racist, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion;
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:24pm
Just cause i was singing it at work mate lol, they was all skiting at me haha

Nope but iv supported them since i was about 4 and never changed teams, UTD all my life smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:25pm
Unlike my mate at uni...who about 2 games ago decided he no longer supported Newcastle..and Preferred Utd instead hahahaha....what a dick
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:26pm

Nope but iv supported them since i was about 4 and never changed teams, UTD all my life smile

GLORY GRABBER!!

But don't worry, 90% of Utd fans are, so thats fine by their standards lmao!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:28pm
Dont worry matty....everytime I go watch any footie game..the anti-scouser chants start regardless.... Theyre just Jealous...
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:30pm

!!

How can you say that mad

I obvo ain't if iv support them all my life since i knew what football was, I never changed my team when we didn't win sumat,

I hate people sayin that cause i ain't a GLORY GRABBER frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:34pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Dont worry matty....everytime I go watch any footie game..the anti-scouser chants start regardless.... Theyre just Jealous...

To be honest, im happy for Utd fans (one of my best mates is a Manc, and he is the best lad to chat to football about I have known) and football as a whole; the big boys (financially) like them, Madrid, Chelsea etc, have all been crying that you can't possibly win the league and champions league both in the same season, and they have, so im hoping that argument can be put to bed now.

Obviously I wish it was someone else who had done it, but in a few years, ill probably look back at it like I do the 1999 success and say yeah, they were a decent team, did well etc...

But to post drivel like that about scousers on a Wirral forum, where there are obviously going to be scousers/LFC fans posting, is just a bit low.

Anyhow, I want to see how much appeal the game had; my collegue in the US, crazy about watching European football, said there hadn't been much made of the final over there, and he didnt know if he would be watching it lol.

The US tend to go for the likes of Madrid and Milan you see lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:38pm

!!

How can you say that mad

I obvo ain't if iv support them all my life since i knew what football was, I never changed my team when we didn't win sumat,

I hate people sayin that cause i ain't a GLORY GRABBER frown

Well why not support someone local, like maybe Villa or Brum, someone from down that way? Because Utd were one of the top teams in the late 80's and throughout the 90's they overtook everyone. Media exposure got you you're team. That is still glory grabbing. It probably got me mine, but my family were reds through and through, and I did have a liking of Tranmere, went to games, showed my support, until I realise 90% of Tranmere fans were a bit weird with regards to my beloved Liverpool and a lot seem quite racist.

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:40pm
Alrite mate it was only a song, Don't take it all to heart, At work they was all saying shit about utd, I didn't take it to heart i just took it on the chin and give it them back,

ITS FOOTBALL.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:47pm
Because my big sister did and i use to look up to her when i was little, Then i grew the love for them,

So no i didn't support them just cause they was winning but cause my sister use to support them........
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:48pm
Bless her lil cotton socks
Posted By: Peachy Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:49pm
Sean he's just jelous haha! only jokin matt.

To be honest tho i can see both your points of oppions, but sean really has supported them for years.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 12:54pm
End of the day Matt....I like Liverpool...Tranmere...Bolton...and Middlesbrough.

Why??? Fack knows...I just enjoy to watch them all play

Im not from Bolton or Middlesbrough...as you can probably guess. It is true a lot of people do support their home towns...but theres also a hell of a lot of people who dont... Like the majority of Utd supporters....Liverpool are fairly similar...but the majority of their fan abse are here on Merseyside....Man Utd are just one of those teams...bit like Chelsea...

Someones gottta support em right??
Posted By: SoundLad Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 7:15pm
Im happy to point out that i despise football.. I dont get the gratification of watching men run about the pitch for 90 minutes.. People call all the names under the sun cause i say this all the time.. Just because im male doesnt mean " I " dont have to like it.. But anyhoo i knew Manure " (C)2008 MattyLFC tease " would win but who cares its not a relgion its not a right its just a friggn game at the end of the day...

Anyway.... happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 7:23pm
Hear Hear Soundlad.....

Ive only really got into Football in the past...3-4 years...its always been Racing/Rallying for me....Much better sports in my view overall anyway...

Still enjoyable to see what all the fuss is about every now and then hahahaha
Posted By: SoundLad Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 7:27pm
Hehe.. I prefare relaxing sports well you cant actually call them sports can you.. Snooker and Darts.. Golf nono
Posted By: MGCraig Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 7:30pm
Well Football isnt a sport...its a game..just like snooker golf, badminton etc.....but I see where ya coming from.

Ive gone off snooker in the past few years, since Paul Hunter Died...he ws awesome.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 9:00pm

GET IN !!!!!!!!!!!!

UTD TILL I DIE

"Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,

Take a walk round Liverpool singing that and see what happens. That is absolutely low mate. As much as I hate the mancs, I wouldn't sing shit like that about them.

Are you actually a Manc? Like from Manchester lol.

Yet again a moderator breaks the rules:

9.2.1 upload/s / post or transmit material that infringes the intellectual property rights or © copyrights or other rights of others or post or transmit any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, racist, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion;

pint of BITTER for matt please!!!!!!!!!! grin
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: UEFA Champions League final - 22nd May 2008 9:03pm
LMAO raftl
Posted By: Brian Re: UEFA Champions League final - 23rd May 2008 8:15am

Anyhow, I want to see how much appeal the game had; my collegue in the US, crazy about watching European football, said there hadn't been much made of the final over there, and he didnt know if he would be watching it lol.

The US tend to go for the likes of Madrid and Milan you see lol.

Football ("soccer") in the USA is a non-starter at the moment, although a fair number of the schools are playing it now, so that could change. The only football I've seen on the major TV channels is the World Cup. There's the "Major League Soccer" outfits, of course, one of them seems to be keeping Stevie Nicol off the dole queue for example, but not a patch on the real thing. Championship standard at best, IMO.

Things are different if you go to one of the big immigrant communities of course, any of the "Little Italy" areas for example, and some of the big cities have the "sports pub" with umpteen TVs and the big-money feeds, but otherwise it's just the standard ESPN feeds on cable or satellite. My local cable company carries matches, *provided* I buy their most expensive package *and* I'm willing to cough up about ten quid a match (last time I checked) to watch. No thanks, folks, I'll stick with the internet feeds. That's http://livetv.ru/en/ for anyone who doesn't know about them.

Brian.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: UEFA Champions League final - 23rd May 2008 2:59pm
Ill ask him what channel he watches all the European football on; I know he watches most of it in HD however.

smile
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UEFA Champions League final - 23rd May 2008 3:37pm
i jus think chelsea were cheated to be honest folks!!!

But golden boy didnt exactly live up to reputation.....

and as for that referee...although he was cheqoslavakian(or however u spell it)...he was a man utd fan!!! the amount of corners chelsea were cheated out of.....disgraceful frown
Posted By: mike849 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 23rd May 2008 4:00pm
i love all the conspirasy theorys that come out when a team loses! its simple really chelsea were the better team but man utd should had 2 more goals in the first half!and chelsea should of had 2 goals in the second half would of still finished 3-3 end of the day penalties are just luck and man utd were the luckier! any other day it would have bin chelsea i thought the referee was good! drogba is a divvy though should of known better!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: UEFA Champions League final - 26th May 2008 8:27pm
Originally Posted by mike849
i love all the conspirasy theorys that come out when a team loses! its simple really chelsea were the better team but man utd should had 2 more goals in the first half!and chelsea should of had 2 goals in the second half would of still finished 3-3 end of the day penalties are just luck and man utd were the luckier! any other day it would have bin chelsea i thought the referee was good! drogba is a divvy though should of known better!

withthat spot on m8 happy
Posted By: mike849 Re: UEFA Champions League final - 26th May 2008 8:45pm
cheers!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral