Forums
Posted By: Mark second EU referendum rejected - 9th Jul 2016 5:23pm
The government has rejected a petition signed by more than 4.1 million people calling for a second EU referendum.
An email to those who signed the petition said the prime minister and government had "been clear that this was a once in a generation vote".
It said the decision "must be respected", adding: "We must now prepare for the process to exit the EU".
The UK voted to leave the EU by 52% to 48% in last month's referendum.
The petition gained more signatures than any other on the parliamentary website in the wake of the vote on 23 June.
It stated it was set up by William Oliver Healey and called for the government to hold a second referendum because less than 60% of the vote was in favour of Brexit and the turnout was below 75%.
In its official response to signatories, the Foreign Office said the law which set the rules for the referendum did not specify minimum conditions on turnout or margin of victory.

Read More click me
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 9th Jul 2016 8:55pm
One would have to wonder how many people from other EU countries signed the petition. Those already residing in the UK and those who were not allowed to vote in the referendum.
Posted By: jimbob Re: second EU referendum rejected - 10th Jul 2016 6:27pm
As a point of interest in 1997 a Referendum was held to establish the Welsh Assembly. The turn out was 50% the votes cast in favour was 50.3% and against was 49.7%. The majority was 0.6% at the time the Labour party under Tony Blair declared it a Victory saying no matter how slim the majority it was a Definitive vote in Favour. No talk then of half the voters been {disenfranchised} or of holding a second vote.
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 9:45am
Originally Posted by jimbob
As a point of interest in 1997 a Referendum was held to establish the Welsh Assembly. The turn out was 50% the votes cast in favour was 50.3% and against was 49.7%. The majority was 0.6% at the time the Labour party under Tony Blair declared it a Victory saying no matter how slim the majority it was a Definitive vote in Favour. No talk then of half the voters been {disenfranchised} or of holding a second vote.

According to the news there is to be a legal challenge to the referendum on a number of points, they are going to point out that the result of the vote has no legal status, as such a decision can only be made by government, and since the result was only narrowly in favour of Brexit, it cannot be discounted that the misrepresentations and promises were a divisive or contributory factor in the result.
Posted By: venice Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 10:39am
Well it sounds like Teresa May will have none of it .
Posted By: derekdwc Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 10:46am
According to the news there is to be a legal challenge to the referendum on a number of points, they are going to point out that the result of the vote has no legal status, as such a decision can only be made by government. [/quote]

Be interesting to know how many Tory/Labour mps were for remain (if a majority) or leave in the referendum and if does go to the mps deciding, would they go against the democratic result of the majority of the voters to leave.
Similar to what's happening with Jeremy Corbyn and the PLP at the moment.

Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 11:08am
Originally Posted by venice
Well it sounds like Teresa May will have none of it .

Looks like it will be Mrs May's decision and she has stated this am. that there will be no backdoor games regarding Brexit. (not her exact words) Andrea Leadsom is about to quit the leadership bid. Perfect ! Bang on time for the summer hols. So they will know who their leader is before September, when Cameron goes and can beaver away in the run up.

Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 6:17pm
Originally Posted by granny
[quote=venice]Well it sounds like Teresa May will have none of it .

Looks like it will be Mrs May's decision and she has stated this am. that there will be no backdoor games regarding Brexit. (not her exact words) Andrea Leadsom is about to quit the leadership bid. Perfect ! Bang on time for the summer hols. So they will know who their leader is before September, when Cameron goes and can beaver away in the run up.

If the legal bigwigs are right then the decision wont be the entire responsibility of the PM, they must first of all look at the overall effect leaving will have on trade and the economy, if that effect is detrimental to the country then they have a duty to disregard the referendum,because the referendum is not legally binding it can be overturned for the good and the future of the country, lets face it if the arse falls out of it, the sole responsibility for its failure will lay at the feet of the government not the people, theirs is the ultimate decision.
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 11th Jul 2016 6:54pm
So are you hoping the arse will fall out of it ,Casper ?

Virgin Atlantic confirms £3bn Airbus deal for A350 planes

11:33, 11 Jul 2016
Updated 11:47, 11 Jul 2016
By Owen Hughes

The order for 12 planes is worth in the region of £3bn with the jets flying out of Heathrow and Gatwick
---------------------

FTSE 100 rises to 11-month high

2 hours ago

From the section Business

-------------------------

Business Live: Sterling moves higher

Posted By: fish5133 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 12th Jul 2016 10:35pm
Second EU Referendum petition being debated in Parliament but unlikely BREXIT will be overturned.
The Iron Lady wasn't for turning but Theresa may!!
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 9:19am
So are you hoping the arse will fall out of it ,Casper ?

Virgin Atlantic confirms £3bn Airbus deal for A350 planes

11:33, 11 Jul 2016
Updated 11:47, 11 Jul 2016
By Owen Hughes

The order for 12 planes is worth in the region of £3bn with the jets flying out of Heathrow and Gatwick
---------------------

FTSE 100 rises to 11-month high

2 hours ago

From the section Business

Business Live: Sterling moves higher

Good morning granny, no not at all, just thinking it would be a good get out of jail card for the politicians, absolved of all blame because this is what the electorate voted for, they are still misleading us by saying the referendum cannot be overturned, they know it can and we know it can, so why not tell the truth? why haven't they been straight with us on other issues such as free movement( the second biggest reason given for voting out) they are already hinting at a deal that will continue to allow free movement, so we will probably end up with a deal like Switzerland or Norway have, you know a hokey cokey deal, one foot in one foot out, what happened to Farage telling them they can stick it (well your not laughing now) well done Nigel giving them a stick to beat us with.
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 9:39am
So far as the Government is concerned, they have said the referendum Brexit result will NOT be overturned. I haven't yet heard them say it CAN'T be overturned. If that should happen, I think anarchy, riots and civil unrest would be the name of the game. Don't you ?

The majority of England were Brexit, the overall majority in Scotland was to Remain, so far as I understand, Scotland still want their independence from the UK, so their percentage of Remain votes should not infringe on the final vote of the English and Welsh. Ireland is different, as they never hoped for breaking away from the UK. Scotland can go to hell, so far as I'm concerned, and I know you wear a kilt too, but SNP has been backed by it's people, so push off to the realms of and EU that hijacks everything in sight. Scotland won't be running the oil industry for too long.
Mrs Merkel stated in the last couple of days that Scotland and Ireland will NOT be leaving the EU. So that to me means it's already pre arranged and shored up, or they have found a loop hole to force Scotland and Ireland to remain. If that's the case, then there can be no same loop hole for England and Wales.
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 10:33am
I also fail to understand why we the UK should wish to be part of a crumbling unification. Italy, on the banks of collapse with £350 billion of debts. where is all the money going to come from to keep all these people plus more from 5 more poor countries waiting to join and possibly Turkey. Have we forgotten how EU control our coal and steel ? Sly move by a German company wanting to join forces in Port Talbot plant . Have we forgotten how Germany are about to take control of our rolling stock and railways. Have we forgotten how France control our energy and that we pay higher rates in UK than any other EU country. Oh, that's gone quiet again hasn't it, or have we all forgotten why so many voted the way they did, already ? Have we forgotten the EU 2020 Strategy. Do we know that since 2004 all University Students have been educated with Globalisation being the main goal. That's why the Remain camp were so desperate to get the students to vote. Did you know that the 'remain camp' were asked to put forward 5 positive points for remaining in the EU, for campaigning on prior to the referendum ? They couldn't think of 5 and so they went for the 'fear factor' option instead.
All I can say is, when looking at Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy, ....why are they doing SO badly out of being in EU ? Why would UK wish to take the chance of following as we were already the worst country placed for debt in Europe when the Financial crisis hit. We have at least managed to keep our head above the parapet, and increased growth, whilst we watched other member states sinking further and further into recession again.
I think we need a positive mood now and grip the bull by the horns instead of slinking back and think ,what's in it for us. A culture that has been developed through the EU ...money for nothing etc. But it isn't, it's our on money coming back to us under certain conditions for the EU. Making the BIG Central Banks more and more wealth.....the Banks that everyone hates so much.

Well, that's enough from here this morning. Enjoy yours and don't answer back ,Casper. Not in the mood X
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 10:34am
So far as the Government is concerned, they have said the referendum Brexit result will NOT be overturned. I haven't yet heard them say it CAN'T be overturned. If that should happen, I think anarchy, riots and civil unrest would be the name of the game. Don't you ?

Lets put a little hypothetical scenario forward, after a meeting of the government they find that to leave the EU would be to the detriment of this country and its future, do you think for one minute they would consider the referendum vote or what the people wanted? or that the result could not be overturned? you know as I do granny that everything a politician says should be taken with a pinch of salt, you are quite correct they didn't say can't but that is what was implied the seed was planted, they always have a get out of jail card ready, as to civil unrest, after another few years of the um party it just might happen. yes
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 10:38am
Sorry granny, I had already replied before I read your last verysorry x
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 10:42am
Originally Posted by casper

Lets put a little hypothetical scenario forward, after a meeting of the government they find that to leave the EU would be to the detriment of this country and its future, do you think for one minute they would consider the referendum vote or what the people wanted? or that the result could not be overturned?

Well, Jeremy certainly fooking well wouldn't !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 2:38pm
Sour grapes are the most bitter
If they over turned it. Id never vote again for anything
Shows how pathetic everything is now in the uk
If the result was remain....wild horses couldnt drag the un informed (truly un informed) masses back to the polls....so why the other way round?
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 3:11pm
Originally Posted by svenlock68
If the result was remain....wild horses couldnt drag the un informed (truly un informed) masses back to the polls....so why the other way round?

Was it not the master of deceit Nigel Farage who said if the vote was close we should hold another referendum? as to the uninformed, who are they? are they the ones that believed immigration would stop and the day after the result were expecting all EU nationals to be kicked out, or those that believed the mythical £350 million would be spent on the NHS or feared an invasion of gun toting Turks, transparent lies to play on the gullible and uninformed, as I wrote earlier the second biggest reason given for voting out was immigration, the uninformed might be surprised to learn that the government is now considering doing a deal that would still allow free movement, do you think those that cast their vote on the basis of reducing immigration will be happy, will they feel betrayed, I think you know the answer.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 6:16pm
My vote was never about any of that
This countrys totally corrupt from the queen down
Anything they tell u to do...do the opposite
The EU is a massively money suckin country destroying monster out of control
People who listen to any uk media are dumb
Theyre puppets to corporate power
I dont think you understood my answer
If you voted to REMAIN you are un informed
Go on david noakes site eutruth co uk
Theres 50 reasons to leave on there...not many to do with mainstream 350 million nhs money or migration in there.
Anyone who believed itll all change over night is a moron too
Although david icke has mad ideas ....one thing is true he says is the press pick some BS to feed us & go on and on and on
Remain was no different
Theres loads of BS on both sides....i take my views from personal experience and diff info streams
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 6:17pm

Was it not the master of deceit Nigel Farage who said if the vote was close we should hold another referendum?

Casper, you should know full well, that Nigel Farage was not in a position to announce such a thing. You should also know that Boris said there would NOT be a second referendum. What lies did Farage give ? Turks have not yet been allowed to join the EU, so we don't know what will happen, but we have a pretty good idea. SO far as the Government making plans of doing a deal for free movement. We haven't got a Government yet, as I write ! The £350million, was the Brexit group, not Nigel Farage. He didn't put that forward.UKIP were independent of the official Brexit camp. You obviously are getting everyone and everything mixed up because it suits your agenda.

Apparently some of us are far more informed than others, and from your point of view, if you are opposed to more immigration, why did you not vote Brexit, and why are you complaining about others who did ?

Answer that my old chum smile

Oh here comes Boris to No 10 ...He he, you won't like that either.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 6:20pm
You need to listen to george carlins american dream speech from 10 years ago....he knew it was comin
The uks a naff version of the usa
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 13th Jul 2016 6:31pm
Sorry his site is
Eutruth dot org dot uk
Its mostly about treason
Corruption
Power power
Eu is a nazi idea
The slow erosion of public rights and signing the uk away
120 000 regs that control us or used to
Etc etc
Common purpose insidious charity and the like
Its a good read
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 14th Jul 2016 6:49pm

Was it not the master of deceit Nigel Farage who said if the vote was close we should hold another referendum?

Casper, you should know full well, that Nigel Farage was not in a position to announce such a thing. You should also know that Boris said there would NOT be a second referendum. What lies did Farage give ? Turks have not yet been allowed to join the EU, so we don't know what will happen, but we have a pretty good idea. SO far as the Government making plans of doing a deal for free movement. We haven't got a Government yet, as I write ! The £350million, was the Brexit group, not Nigel Farage. He didn't put that forward.UKIP were independent of the official Brexit camp. You obviously are getting everyone and everything mixed up because it suits your agenda.

Apparently some of us are far more informed than others, and from your point of view, if you are opposed to more immigration, why did you not vote Brexit, and why are you complaining about others who did ?

Answer that my old chum smile

Oh here comes Boris to No 10 ...He he, you won't like that either.

Hi granny, let me explain my comments, it matters not who said what, Farage, Brexit they all went along with what was being said, they all denied being part of the outrageous claims being made (it wasn't me gov) afterwards, but were quite happy to ride along on the back of the deceit because it suited their agenda, as for Farage, he wasn't in a position to stand up at the EU and practically tell them we wouldn't be doing any deals with them, but he did.
I have never said I am against immigration what I said was immigration should be controlled, no open door policy, the reason I bang on about immigration is that it was the second biggest reason being given for voting out, how many votes would that equate to for leaving? all those people that voted purely on that issue alone are going to be extremely displeased and disappointed if we do a free movement deal, if you recall the day after the vote it was being said we might have to come to some sort of an agreement on free movement, we have had the same response a few times since, that is somewhat different to what was being said during the campaign, one might even say it was misleading! I think it was svenlock that mentioned the uninformed, he was indeed right, those that voted leave on the basis of the wild claims being made, and no doubt the same uniformed will vote for the um party again on the basis of Theresa May's equality for all speech. liar

However you are right about Boris depiffle, just what we need the Charlie Chaplin of politics to represent our country, in the immortal words of John McEnroe "you cannot be serious." Oh just remembered did you mention that Boris said there would not be a second referendum, mmm was that before the government was formed? smile
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 14th Jul 2016 11:52pm
Casper, I have watched just about every videoed speech that Farage the MEP, has made in the EU Parliament. I could probably tell you most of them word for word, and I know what he has said , when he has said it and how he has said it.

Most people who voted Brexit, with a view on immigration nearly all said they wanted 'control of our borders'. Which is what the Brexit team were campaigning for and what you are in favour of. Control of our borders. That in one instance means we won't be bullied by Germany or anyone else to take the numbers that they deem fit for us to either offer refugee status , or to continue to have EU member states empty out from their own country and end up here.
You need to look at the populations and increases in all the EU countries. UK have increased most rapidly of all in the last few years so I think border control, is perfectly reasonable . Let us make our own minds up as to whom and when and why they come.. We have taken our fare share and when Germany's population has shrunk by one million in the same period , ours has increased by about 4 million, it is a concern. UK population 2005 = 60.4 million (2005) UK population 2015= 64,308,261.The third most populated country in the EU. The media constantly barraged the Brexit team about immigration, and made the most despicable claims, trying to put a different slant on it, as if it was the only issue to be discussed, which it wasn't.
I think you are jumping the gun ,Casper. No one, apart from the shit stirring media, has said anything definite yet with regard to anything involving our exit.

With regard to the £350 million that keeps cropping up, yet again the media, particularly the BBC condemned and twisted, but let us read another opinion by Professor Tim Congdon. Not an MP, not a Government official, not a banker, a perfectly independent opinion.

Britain sends a contribution to EU institutions under the treaties we have signed with the other EU Member States. The highest number that’s appeared in official documents of payments to the EU is a gross contribution of a bit over £20 billion. Now, if you divide £20 billion by 52, of course you get a figure that is about £350 million a week. But this figure is somewhat misleading, because some of that gross contribution we don’t really pay. There is a rebate, which was negotiated by Margaret Thatcher in 1984, and the highest figure that we have paid in any one year in the past is £17 billion, which is about £330 million a week. That was in 2013, according to one definition of these matters.

[color:#6633FF]The figure put out by Vote Leave, £350 million, is an exaggeration in that sense, and not the truth. But it’s an exaggeration founded in fact

N.B.Founded on Fact

Boris wouldn't escape your forked tongue would he ? We all have our personal opinions about various politicians, but that's ones prerogative.
Personally, I am unable to remember any other deceit,or lies at the moment ,other than the deceit and lies delivered from the Remain camp. Why Casper, do you want to stay in the EU, give me 3 reason, because so far I don't think you have made that clear. My reason for voting Brexit was that I don't trust the EU, I don't believe in the EU and felt that we need to rule ourselves from Westminster rather than continuing along the road of no return to be totally Governed by foreigners from countries who have never even experienced true democracy. Sorry but that's not for me, even if you fancy the idea but I believe if you are absolutely honest, you too would not wish such change and loss of identity for your grandchildren.

Now I am going to listen to the reports of this dreadful atrocity in France. Yet another one.
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 15th Jul 2016 10:10am
[quote=granny]Casper, I have watched just about every videoed speech that Farage the MEP, has made in the EU Parliament. I could probably tell you most of them word for word, and I know what he has said , when he has said it and how he has said it.

Most people who voted Brexit, with a view on immigration nearly all said they wanted 'control of our borders'. Which is what the Brexit team were campaigning for and what you are in favour of. Control of our borders. That in one instance means we won't be bullied by Germany or anyone else to take the numbers that they deem fit for us to either offer refugee status , or to continue to have EU member states empty out from their own country and end up here.

Granny, at least we agree on immigration, but to reiterate is this what we are going to get? was it not one of the main promises made? I looked closely at the Switzerland and Norway deals, in my opinion both fall short of a good deal
both include free movement and schengen plus sums of money being paid in,and various rules and regulations they must observe,so to all intents and purposes they are still dancing to the EU tune without any of the benefits, another one being bandied about is TTIP the EU are going to do a deal, are they? if we are to seek a trade agreement with the USA it would be logical to assume that TTIP would be part of any deal, so we are between the proverbial rock and hard place, do you in all honesty believe the EU are going to grant us a better deal than Switzerland and Norway? if they did the consequences would be dire for the very existence of the EU with countries clamoring for a similar deal, so in my mind what are the benefits of leaving, a reduced membership with no say and still paying the piper.

PS I'am a bit hurt about the forked tongue bit, but i still love you wink
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 15th Jul 2016 11:15am
Oh yee of little faith. Norway and Switzerland, as you say, are part of the Schengen agreement. That does not become part of our deal. So far as TTIP is concerned, if it should continue to involve us, then in or out we would have been no better off. At least we might have an option. Don't forget, TTIP is highly directed towards Service Industries. What does that mean for this country. We are run on Service Industries
( Mr Blairs contribution to agreement within the Lisbon treaty I believe , although it could have been a different treaty as he signed away so much hoping for positions in high places.)

I actually believe that we can make a brilliant return and the world won't turn it's back. There are already foreign companies making commitments to continue to work with and along side industry here.

There were never success stories from those who were prepared to 'go with the flow' for self preservation.

We are having the whole countries woes being based on what London wants. House prices falling. SO what ? it the holiday season , no one's looking. Prices slashed in shops, we always did have July sales. These are fear factor points which apparently began to take hold a week after Brexit. Lies and deceit, lies and deceit. What's more, does it matter if the property prices fall ? Surely that is a good thing for giving some of the young generation a more realistic opportunity of buying their own home, instead of paying hiked up rents to property rogues and admin fees to estate agents who are being absorb into European companies. Just like everything else. The greedy so and so's who we all dislike.. That's what EU does best Casper, it manages to take over and absorb businesses into one massive company, and not UK owned. Taxes paid into the big EU pot.

Not sure if I still love you Casper. Thought I should let you down gently.
Posted By: granny Re: second EU referendum rejected - 17th Jul 2016 10:08am

Australia has called for a free trade deal with Britain following its exit from the European Union.

Dr Fox, a prominent Brexit campaigner, said numerous non-EU countries had already asked Britain for a trade deal and he was "scoping about a dozen... to be ready for when we leave

Back of the queue hey Mr Obama ???
Posted By: cools Re: second EU referendum rejected - 17th Jul 2016 10:11am
It's good news that Granny , maybe we'll all be buying New Zealand Lamb again. I know it's not Australia but near enough eh ,hehe.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 17th Jul 2016 3:09pm
Don't count your chickens---Owen Smith with a vote grabbing statement

On Brexit, he says politicians should be "brave enough" to keep testing public opinion as negotiations develop, hinting again that he would back the possibility of a second referendum on EU membership.

"We should test drive" what Brexit means for the UK, before "rubberstamping", he says.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: second EU referendum rejected - 17th Jul 2016 3:27pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Don't count your chickens---Owen Smith with a vote grabbing statement

On Brexit, he says politicians should be "brave enough" to keep testing public opinion as negotiations develop, hinting again that he would back the possibility of a second referendum on EU membership.

"We should test drive" what Brexit means for the UK, before "rubberstamping", he says.

Owen Smith - who he?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: second EU referendum rejected - 17th Jul 2016 8:22pm
Not sure spellbinder if thats a reference to his obscurity .....but potentialyy next leader of the labour party.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: second EU referendum rejected - 18th Jul 2016 1:11pm
....and if there was a re-referendum, and the vote went the other way, would we have a re-re-referendum?

Time to move on me thinks....
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 18th Jul 2016 3:59pm
I think a lot of people feel they have been misled by the promises/ lies made about leaving, and then the about turn after the referendum, in all fairness the truth needs to be told before signing off, after all if you are sold shoddy goods in a shop you can get your money back, if you are sold a lemon by the government you have to suck it up.
Posted By: jimbob Re: second EU referendum rejected - 18th Jul 2016 6:40pm
Casper. we are leaving the EU so get use to it. If on the other hand you are keen on been part of a federal state which is the ultimate aim of the EU. Then cross over the channel.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: second EU referendum rejected - 18th Jul 2016 7:25pm
If I remember correctly, far from all the members or even the leaders, of the main parties were on the same side of Brexit. So no-one was "sold a lemon" by anyone. The people who VOTED in the referendum presumably did so according to their own personal decision and because they believed it was a valid and binding vote. How anyone made up their mind is none of anyone else's business. People were not herded into the polling stations at gunpoint as far as I know, and the referendum decision was not and has not been "imposed" on the country by the Government (if anything, the reverse is true).

By their very nature, the losers of any vote are always going to be more or less unhappy with the result - and the recent polarizations of opposing views may be exacerbating this - but the idea of anyone trying to undo (or re-do) a duly held vote because someone may have made a campaign statement that turned out not to be what they thought it was, is just a recipe for anarchy.

But then again, there have always been Anarchists (and I suppose there always will be), and they thrive and feed on situations like this.
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 19th Jul 2016 6:10am
Originally Posted by jimbob
Casper. we are leaving the EU so get use to it. If on the other hand you are keen on been part of a federal state which is the ultimate aim of the EU. Then cross over the channel.

Jimbob, I have done nothing other than voice my opinion, I believe even in the EU you have a right to do that, this is I believe a debate where people can put points for and against, no need for insults, have a nice day mate.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: second EU referendum rejected - 19th Jul 2016 9:50am
one in eight Leave voters might be having second thoughts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-out-of-ten-remain-europe-a7127731.html

After Brexit Vote, Britain Asks Google: 'What Is The EU?'
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...r-what-is-the-eu-spike-after-brexit-vote

And I'd imagine that many people who were suckered in by Farage's lie of £350 million a week are now regretting their decision.

Although I voted Remain I don't think the outcome is too bad. We have a new PM, Farage has gone, Osborne has gone, Boris is relegated and its split Labour worse than they could have imagined.
Posted By: casper Re: second EU referendum rejected - 19th Jul 2016 11:36am
Well I keep being told that the lies didn't matter and people made up their own minds!! try this one,
http://www.independant.co.uk/news/u...y-theresa-may-brexit-talks-eu-referendum,
sorry link doesnt work
© Wirral-Wikiwirral