Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 12:25am
Wirral to be a booze-free zone

Originally Posted by wirral globe
NEW alcohol bylaws could allow police officers to stop people drinking in any public place in Wirral.

Cabinet members will discuss turning the entire borough into one giant "designated area" when they meet at Wallasey Town Hall on Thursday.

It would give police officers the power to confiscate any alcohol in a person's possession - those who fail to comply will be committing an offence and could face a fixed penalty or fine of up to £500.

Click me

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 2:55am
its been an alcahol free zone for years, its not entire wirral, but most urban problem area's are alcahol free, the plod see ye with alcahol and they pour it away in front of ye very eyes lol.

Its not enforced though as the police simply dont have the manpower, so theres little point making it wirral-wide, as that will just make it even harder to police.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 9:26am
i've had many a drink poured away by the police when i lived down there, only time they never poured it away was when i was 18+ and wasn't open
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 5:05pm
Fed up of seeing kids stand out side shops asking adults to buy booze for em.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 5:24pm
hear hear.....theres no need to drink in th streets...so ban it
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wirral to be a booze-free zone - 18th Oct 2007 5:40pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Fed up of seeing kids stand out side shops asking adults to buy booze for em.

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral