Forums
Posted By: torryman police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 5:06pm
Does anybody know if the cops who "fire the radar gun" at you from outside Johnson's Toyota showroom as you come off the fly-0ver are doing it for real or is it training ...they've been there twice in the last few days....sneaky gits!!!
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 5:27pm
Originally Posted by torryman
Does anybody know if the cops who "fire the radar gun" at you from outside Johnson's Toyota showroom as you come off the fly-0ver are doing it for real or is it training ...they've been there twice in the last few days....sneaky gits!!!
Torreman they are for real ,They have been at different locations all over wallasey this week ,Some times i think they need the funds building up and catch every one out .They were behind pound land in Liscard yesterday pulling loads over at random
Posted By: mrhanky Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 5:51pm
have seen them on borough road just by the end of the flyover quite a bit recently.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 6:13pm
Have no problem with drivers getting done for speeding. It's essentially a tax on silly behavior.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:37pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Have no problem with drivers getting done for speeding. It's essentially a tax on silly behavior.

i'll agree with that when i see a speed camera outside a school wink
Posted By: TheDr Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:40pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

Or they start ticketing those lazy f@t @rsed parents who park on the zig zags because "I'm only dropping my kids off...."
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:44pm
withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:46pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by mrhanky

Or they start ticketing those lazy f@t @rsed parents who park on the zig zags because "I'm only dropping my kids off...."

withthat We walked to school and back when I was a kid snob

Same goes for the knobends that abuse the Blue Badge system somad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by Wench

We walked to school and back when I was a kid

did they have cars back then? tease joke xx

Posted By: Wench Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 9th Nov 2011 7:59pm
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy

We walked to school and back when I was a kid

did they have cars back then? tease joke xx

No, that's why we walked raftl We had slates and chalk too, got the slipper if we misbehaved AND we had milk at breaktime every day laugh We could also spell properly and had a good command of the English language - something sadly lacking with todays children snob

And on that note I'm off to watch the Armed Forces Who Wants To Be A Millionaire episode.

COME ON DUTCH!!! thumbsup
Posted By: 8HBob Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 8:46am
They also hide at the entrance to the road leading to the Gunsite from the New Brighton link road, to catch people coming off the flyover where the limit goes from 40 to 30 mph.
Teatime is when they appear - there must be a cafe handy for them in New Brighton.

Bob.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 11:50am
What annoys me about these speed checks is that the officers using the equipment are using it incorrectly.

They are staring thru the camera, watching your speed, and then pull you in if you are going too fast.

According to their own guidelines, they should have reasonable suspicion with the naked eye that you are speeding, and then they can use the equipment to verify their suspicion and gather evidence......

Posted By: StuyMac Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 12:06pm
got the slipper if we misbehaved

That still happens at your doesnt it J wink

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again, but that location is a money spinner! All accidents in the past happen on the corner, so a speed trap after isnt going to prevent an accident. Its also a very short distance to a roundabout where you must slow / stop anyway.

They would be better off setting up in a more builtup area where pedestrians and childern are, not at the end of a motorway, after a problem bend, and before a roundabout.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 7:37pm
I'm sorry but speed restrictions are there for a reason, whether you think that is right or wrong, it's the law, if you speed you might get caught, it's the risk.....oh yeah and the risk also of killing someone because you are driving dangerously let's not forget that.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 11:23pm
I didnt sat it was wrong, I just ment their efforts would be more effective elsewhere wink
Posted By: kevinhit Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 10th Nov 2011 11:38pm
i was clocked driving 4 miles over the speed limit going down Leasowe road!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 11th Nov 2011 1:20am
Originally Posted by kevinhit

raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 11th Nov 2011 8:11am
Originally Posted by kevinhit

The copper must have been having a bad day, what happened to 10% + 3?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 11th Nov 2011 8:26am
According to the policeman who gave a talk at Wirral Advanced Motorists Meeting it's 10% + 1.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 11th Nov 2011 9:39am
According to ACPO Guidelines....

What are the ACPO guidelines for speeding prosecutions?

These guidelines set out the minimum figures at which a Fixed Penalty Notice and a Court Summons would normally be considered appropriate for a speeding offence, if there are no other aggravating circumstances. The minimum figure for a FPN is the posted limit + 10% + 2 mph.

Of course it also explain that an officer is well within his rights to issue a ticket for 31mph in a 30 - depending on circumstances....
Posted By: Gibbo Re: police speed trap at m53 dock exit - 11th Nov 2011 11:26am
And most speedos over-read by at least 1 or 2 mph, so to get caught you've really got to be pushing 35 I would have thought?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral