Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 31st Aug 2009 9:19pm
26th & 27th September 2009

Southport Air Show is recognised as the largest aviation show in the North West and is celebrating its 17th year.

This fantastic family event is held over the seafront and attracts up to 80,000 spectators over two days. The comprehensive flying programme includes the spectacular Red Arrows, military and civilian aircraft, Jets, helicopters, aerobatics and parachute displays.

[Linked Image]

Alongside the fantastic flying programme there is plenty of activity on the ground including the Air Show trade village, Aviation Marquee, simulators and entertainment.

TICKETS NOW ON SALE! £5 each - Click here to book.
Posted By: spider Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 1st Sep 2009 2:20pm
I would just like to agree with BMW-joe,this is a show you should not miss.It used to have a model airshow in the morning before the full size aircraft,I have seen some realy nice models there and jets from the local clubs.The full size airshow was one of the best I have seen, not forgetting the other services the Army and Navy have also put on a great show for the many thousands of people that go.I also found it best to go by train as the station is very near to the action and leaves you with no worries about your car parking or safty, and is easy to get home too.Dont forget you have the fun of the Southport fare as well.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 1st Sep 2009 2:27pm
Wow! This looks great. I haven't been to an Air Show since RAF VAlley in 1999. I reckon I might go to this!
Southport air show you"d need a bl---y good cherry picker to get that veiw
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 1st Sep 2009 8:03pm
yerrr went to this a few years ago cool show smile

i will be there smile
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 1st Sep 2009 9:39pm
park your car right on the beach for a fantastic veiw of the days proceedings
Posted By: banksy Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 21st Sep 2009 12:57pm
As I've mentioned on another thread, but will post it here also, the Vulcan has been confirmed for a display at Southport, this will take place on Sunday 27th only.

Please check out my blog below to keep updated with timings etc.

Cheers, Banksy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 22nd Sep 2009 12:26pm
Yeah!!

Cheers Banksy
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 22nd Sep 2009 7:53pm
I think i may go on the sunday early morning

thanks dude smile

Is this the show on the beach on the front over the water ??
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 23rd Sep 2009 6:14am
yeah it is.
Posted By: banksy Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 23rd Sep 2009 5:35pm
Just to update you, the timings for the Vulcan appear to be 4pm on Sunday, in what will be XH558's last appearance of the year, so make the most of it, and enjoy the howl on her final power climb!
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 23rd Sep 2009 6:35pm
just got my tickets this morning in liverpool,looking forward to the day
Posted By: Mr_Matt_Thunder Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 25th Sep 2009 11:51am
Gutted frown I cant go! working! last airshow I went to was RAF Cosford about 2 years ago!
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 27th Sep 2009 7:43pm
just got back...had a fantastic day.just love that eurofighter

the only gripe is that the organisers really need to think about the toilet situation,i stood for 40minutes in the queue for a pee.
Posted By: Wheels Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 27th Sep 2009 8:05pm
Yerr Euro fighter rocks my socks!
Posted By: Wench Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 27th Sep 2009 8:06pm
It flew over me a few times on the beach. It's the Vulcan that gets me going - I love it!
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 27th Sep 2009 8:11pm
vulcan was very cool.wish i could of left southport as fast as that did.lol 1hour and fifty minutes from starting the car on southport beach till arriving in tranmere,could of walked faster mind you i was one of the first there this morning so we were right up on the beach at the top end...did any one else go
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 27th Sep 2009 10:31pm
Nope, gutted! Couldnt make it frown

Pics pics pics!!

vids vids vids!!!
Posted By: alfiemag Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 7:43am
Hi,
I went the airshow,Had a great day. Was amazing to see the Vulcan. I saw it's last flight, so great to see in the sky again.

Also pretty amazing the Typhoon. Thought my ear drums would burst. We waited for around half hr before we left. Thought itwas well orginised.

Alfiemag (a newbie)
Posted By: Wheels Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 8:08am
Welcome Alfiemag smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 11:53am
Wheres these pictures???

Welcome Alfiemag

Posted By: alfiemag Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 12:55pm
Many thanks.
Look forward to being a member.Just learning my way round .Never joined a forum b4.Thanks for the welcome.
smile
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 5:11pm
these photo's are bad quality as i only have my mobile,but here is hoping someone has got better pics with zoom lol.by time i had the camera running on my phone i was always missing the bleeding thins.i have a phone full of lovely sky shots with no planes in them lol

Attached picture arrowes 1.JPG
Attached picture blades 1.JPG
Attached picture eurofighter.JPG
Attached picture merlin with dangling man.JPG
Attached picture biplane.JPG
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 5:15pm
few more

Attached picture vulcan 1.JPG
Attached picture microlites.JPG
Attached picture arrowes 2.JPG
Attached picture blades 2.JPG
Posted By: alfiemag Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 5:29pm
There not bad for a phone. Typhoon. was amazing. you had to be fast to get that
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 5:41pm
Yeahhh!!! Pictures!!!

Cheers Phal
Nowt the matter with them photos!
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 6:27pm
the problem is that the screen is small and scratched so you cannot actually see what you are taking photos of!....the typhoon came in really low at one point and it would of made a fantastic photo but the ground was actally shaking as it turned away from us,i was leaning against my car and could feel it. i would love a half decent camera but just cannot afford one at the moment.couple more here

Attached picture IMG008.JPG
Attached picture IMG002.JPG
Attached picture IMG016.JPG
Attached picture IMG136.JPG
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 6:28pm
there was two girls stood on top of them biplanes and at one point they unhooked themselves from the rig and were just sitting on the top wing as they did a fly past before getting into the cockpit....girls with balls of steel lol

just realised that there is nothing showing on the top photo...doh
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: 26th & 27th Sept: Southport Air Show - 28th Sep 2009 6:34pm
really good video from sunday on the tube,not mine i am afraid but worth a look
[youtube]J04Xh3nZBo4[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral