Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 10:55pm
Whats everyone doing for Christmas this year?

Meal at parents house? Cooking dinner?

Got your tree up? Show us a picture in the Christmas Tree thread

Done all your Christmas shopping?

Let us know what your ideal christmas present would be
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:01pm
christmas day is well i wake up about 10am open me prezzies with the family then go the pub for 12 ave a few beers while me dad has cooked the xmas dinner come home wasted eat me xmas dinner then probs fall asleep thumbsup

my ideal xmas prezzie would be a bank balance that never runs out doh

and i aint even started my exmas shoppin yet omg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:02pm
I though this was gonna be a reminder at first looooooooooool!

I don't know and I don't care; id rather go to me uncles (went there in 2005 and 2006 cos me family all lived down south at the time, and dunno why but it appeals to me), but don't want to offend me mum n sister etc in saying that, so may end down south at me me dads instead.

However I think the missus will put a stop to that as she wants to spend time with her family obviously.

I aint done no Christmas shopping yet, I been working on paying off the remainder of the debt on me credit card by paying a few hundred a month on it, but Sterling has hit my business hard in recent weeks, so I have been eating into business savings financially to support it, which is what I was planning on using for Xmas presents...

My ideal Christmas present would be... a nice traditional cottage, somewhere relatively remote, in the Scottish Highlands; don't ask why, cos I don't know meself. Realistically however, I can't think of anything I want tbh. I tend to buy everything I need for meself so...

Roll on January 2nd I say, when all the crap is over and my corp clients start paying for Q1 2009, so I actually have money lol.

The HSBC increased the limit on my credit card by £1000 the other day after "reviewing my credit status", but im damned if I am gonna spend on the card at all for the rest of this year, never mind on the new credit lol. Im sure its a ploy to get me to spend thousands on credit lol, I rekon they know what the state of my finances will be till January lol

laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:05pm
I`ll be in the garage getting away from all the noise, fitting my new engine in the MR2 whilst listening to tunez and having a drink laugh

After visiting people and getting nagged by the kids of course hand
Posted By: Wench Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:43pm
Cooking dinner for my Mum and myself - plus the dogs (Tarot & Buster), the snake (Blade aka Dingus), 2 cats (Rizla and Taz) and Freak the budgie.

Not done any shopping yet - I don't celebrate christmas anyway, mine is a few days before. I still buy gifts for the family though.

My ideal present would be good health and good news as it's been a $hitty year that doesn't look like it has any intention of ending just yet!

I'm with Matt though - would much prefer to be in a remote cottage somewhere with a nice log fire and a bottle of JD, Talisker or Remy. Failing that - Malta!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:51pm
Im hoping to actually enjoy Both Crimbo and New Year this year, by not workin at the coop over the holiday. Ill use the "Dissertation" excuse...

I just want to be able to see my family, enjoy the awesome christmas Day Lunch and the overall atmosphere. Ive not done any shoppin myself, and I know the family are struggling majorly with funds for prezzies... Ive not asked for anything, cos no-one can give me what I want..

But just in case....

£500,000 To spend on a Racing Career (to start)
An '09 Mygale Duratec Formula Ford
National A Race Licence
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 2nd Dec 2008 11:53pm
I don't think ill be buying many prezzies, but the problem is, nowadays, everyone seems to think if they buy you something, they should get something in return, and although ive told everyone not to get me things, people are!!

frown
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Christmas 2008 - 3rd Dec 2008 12:14am
Bought all my prezzies for Sausage, just got to get my mum somethin lame lol

No christmas tree or decorations up yet, but we do have advent calenders and stockings up lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 3rd Dec 2008 12:15am
Aye aye Joe, we need not know about your stockings!!

tease
Posted By: chriskay Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 12:19am
My wife is coming to me for Xmas dinner. (Don't ask)
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 9:44am
We're off to Exeter to see the hubster's relatives. Driving to Devon on Christmas Eve...fun...not.
Will be back for new year I think - can't miss the sound of fog horns at 12.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 11:52am
Reverse of Chris's - going to the wife's house for Christmas Day with No.1 son. (Don't ask)
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 9:28pm
If we ever open a Marriage Counselling thread it's good to know we have a few experts around grin grin grin

My advice - don't do it!

Happy christmas to all the poor sufferers wink

I'll be trying to get some computer time amongst the many other jobs and duties I have honourously been landed with.

Bah hum....
Posted By: hoseman Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 9:32pm
Ahhhh yes.....The old Christmas favourite...BAH HUMBUG!!! Thats me EVERY Christmas!!!
thumbsdown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Christmas 2008 - 4th Dec 2008 11:11pm
Good comment dd !!! Maybe someone might be brave/stupid enough to start a post on "Where did it all go wrong ??" MMmmmm....maybe not.

How come Christmas comes round every 3 months now. It seems like that anyway.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Christmas 2008 - 5th Dec 2008 12:18am
2008's christmas can have my 2 fingers this year.. Why ? you may ask.. Well 1 word..... MONEY!! and a lack of it smile
Posted By: Morseman Re: Christmas 2008 - 5th Dec 2008 12:11pm
Probably wake up early as usual. Let the dog open at least one of her presents. Usually wait for the kids to turn up and then we open our presents in turn. Think the plan is for something different this year but like most men I just go along with it.

Come the night time I will do what I always do and say something like "is that it, what's all the fuss about?"

It does seem to come around quicker each year though.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Christmas 2008 - 5th Dec 2008 2:18pm
hmm, xmas day... for the last 4 years we have been to the chinese for our xmas dinner but this year we are at the gf's brothers as they built their house and moved in this year so they r cookin for about 15 ppl!! lol - should be fun

morning will consist of the usual 9am-10am rise, open prezzies if i have any frown haha - get dressed, do the usual visiting lark, a beer or two at each house of course, come home for a couple of hours, fiddle with new gadgets and consume more beer... goto our lunch then just chill out in the afternoon and be merry

boxing day im workin... only 4 hrs tho, double pay so im not too bothered lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 5th Dec 2008 7:14pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
a beer or two at each house of course, come home for a couple of hours, fiddle with new gadgets and consume more beer...

Sounds like an average day off for you then lol laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Christmas 2008 - 5th Dec 2008 7:21pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
2008's christmas can have my 2 fingers this year.. Why ? you may ask.. Well 1 word..... MONEY!! and a lack of it smile

to be expected with a new bairn lee wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 6th Dec 2008 3:14am
Just told Gnaeus he aint gettin nothing for Xmas...

Description: Awww poor pomp lol.
Attached picture Untitled.jpg
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Christmas 2008 - 8th Dec 2008 12:40pm
well on crimbo day i'm hoping to wake up rnd about 10-11 to open my laptop then go to me dads and get my money off him then on boxing day go to my nans and see all my family which i only get to see each yr on boxing day so for me it aint the exciting
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Christmas 2008 - 8th Dec 2008 12:49pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Good comment dd !!! Maybe someone might be brave/stupid enough to start a post on "Where did it all go wrong ??" MMmmmm....maybe not.

How come Christmas comes round every 3 months now. It seems like that anyway.

I'd be happy with Christmas every other year! Its exhausting!
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Christmas 2008 - 8th Dec 2008 12:51pm
tell us all about it. its horrible wen you carnt buy people stuff for crimbo
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Christmas 2008 - 8th Dec 2008 12:55pm
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
tell us all about it. its horrible wen you carnt buy people stuff for crimbo

Quite the contrary; it's just a pain when you have no money. Christmas aint just about presents. But people always forget that nowadays. They are happy to celebrate Christmas and Easter, but dont have a clue what it's about lol.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Christmas 2008 - 8th Dec 2008 12:56pm
i'll agree wid you on that matty laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral