Forums
Posted By: Mark O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 11:19am
[Linked Image]

O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening
is tonight out side St John Hall @ 20:08

or 08:08pm lol
yeh what is happening their ? do u no ?
i dont know much about this event frown
This is the one Nikki was on about last night ben.
yeh but she didnt say what it was and what was happening their smile
If there is fireworks i might call into work and watch them, my office is right on the waterfront
Posted By: jonah Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 5:05pm
is it on tv, might watch it then..
Iv just looked in the TV times and i cant see nuffin on about it mate.
Posted By: jonah Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 5:17pm
oh well, dvd tonight then lol !!!
Oh oh oh what one young sir ?
18+ Blue movies i bet !!!!!!!
Posted By: jonah Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 5:25pm
er... no, got 19 dvds off chiccy for xmas, horror ones mainly,so think i'll pick one of them...
Oh thats a shame was gonna say if there 18+ blueys can we all come round and watch them ???

raftl
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 6:49pm
At 20:08 Friday 11 January, the artists and people of the city are set to gather together on St George's Plateau.

This spectacular event involves massed community choirs and aerialists, performers ranging from Ringo Starr to The Wombats and an epic aerial ballet of dancing cranes, containers and scissor lifts, and a host of surprise guests as Liverpool celebrates the amazing year ahead.

More on BBC News

Probably worth going, but I think it will be packed
Is this the thing thats in the new arena. my office is directly opposite that so you might be able to hear it.

If you go tot he public carpark behind priory wharf (the doggers car park) thats where i work and you should get a good view and maybe even hear it if the river is quiet.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 7:02pm
a good view of what exactly? raftl

nah this is all happening in the city centre on St Georges Plateau.

The new arena opens tomorrow with some gay musical thing lol

you implying that you work in the doggers car park? tease
that gay musical that you so politely call it is local groups playing their little socks off.

So i've been told by a gay friend !!!!! HUM !!!!!!
Posted By: krisGTi Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 11th Jan 2008 7:17pm
wasent joe was it
raftl

nope ain't see joe round the swingers clubs for a while.

was just some fella i know
soo hu went to this party thing ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 12th Jan 2008 9:25am
Not me... Liverpool need to spend more money on "important" things like their health service, instead of wasting a million pound a pop every few months on fireworks and the like.

08 or not, many people in Liverpool still live in poverty and don't have access to many essential services, which this money thats going up in smoke (800 celebrations, then new year, then the 08 ceremony, then more in August, then again at new year) every few months could be helping...
Posted By: Brocks Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 12th Jan 2008 10:50pm
I did......

For a freeby is was a decent show. THe stage consisted of every building from the radio city tower to theEmpire. THere were guitarist on all th buildings. Fireworks and some guy called Ringo.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: O8 Liverpool City of Culture Peoples Opening - 13th Jan 2008 12:39am
The trains from Liverpool were packed afterwards even with 6 car trains on, so a good few thousand must of went.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral