Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 4:33pm
I think the power supply on my laptop is giving up the goat i.e. I plug it in and the Power Supply flips between AC then the battery never had this before and im just wondering if anyone knows anywhere cheap of where to buy a Replacement as some of you might know decent places as i dont keep up with buying computers these days.. Cheers for any advice smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 4:47pm
Its going to be e-bay my friend.
Or a general google search, as the amps is the important
bit so you can cross check any branding smile

Check www.maplin.co.uk for starters wink
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 4:50pm
didnt try maplin i'll give that a go cheers mark smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 5:45pm
Check on eBay. The best place for em by far.

BUT BE CAREFUL!!

Fookin Acer being the numpties they are use OEM HP power supplies which is fine, but they fookin change the connectors to crap ones, HP use higher quality connectors.

So even though OEM HP power supplies carry the same model numbers, they very rarely share the same connectors.

Thanks Acer for fookin things up as usual. Just make sure though that when you order a PSU, it has the right connector and you should be fine.

Acer are harder to find then HP lol.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 5:46pm
Its wierd the powersupply i have is an LG powersupply which was provided with the laptop smirk
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 6:13pm
You boguht it in Oz did ye not? Could be different as their not part of Acer EMEA iirc.

Could be harder to get one in the UK... but eBay should be fine as most sellers are from Asia lol.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 8:18pm
Aye i'll sort something out laugh cheers guys for the help happy
Posted By: Mark Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 30th Sep 2007 9:27pm
Just to add or even the balance

I have a Acer Laptop and ive had little to no problems with it
the power supply is almost 2 years old now.
Nothing wrong with my adapter.

Hope you find what your looking for lee.

Posted By: AX_125 Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 1st Oct 2007 8:49pm
My boss has gone through 3 PSU for Acer laptop, they seem to break real easy, and are expensive to replace.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 1st Oct 2007 8:54pm
Yep, and mine is on its way out too lol. Its bitchy as fook at times, other times its fine.

Certainly very weird.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Power Supply Acer Travelmate 290 Laptop - 3rd Oct 2007 10:16pm
My Laptop is an "ACER" its coming up to 18months old and the powerpack is fine, apart from where I ran over it with the wheel of the armcahir and exposed the wire, DOH.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral