Forums
Posted By: Matty GTI 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 24th Oct 2006 6:43pm
yesterday i was stopped near claughton village by a police officer on a motorbike, he asked me to follow him to the arriva bus station on laird street, where police were rounding up vehicles for checks.
while i was there they used a light meter on my windows and ordered me to strip them off, i refused and they gave me til midnight the same evening to remove them
they also looked at the height of my car and checked if it was to low by inspecting all around the vehicle
i recieved 3 point on my licence and a £60 fine and i also had to remove my tints
im so gutted and disgusted and im jus warning every one that the police are clamping down on modified cars, and thats why i was targeted,

watch out peeps
Posted By: MattLFC Re: for everyones attention! - 24th Oct 2006 7:06pm
You wanna go down south mate, the busies are checking if mods are listed on peoples insurance policies right down the smallest mods possible! Round were my sister lives (WSM, Bristol) the police pull any young person with visable mods on their cars!

I suppose at the end of the day if your tints were illegal and vehicle too low, you can't really complain. But it is a new one them doing a vehicle check just because of mods locally.

smile
Posted By: spinking Re: for everyones attention! - 24th Oct 2006 7:30pm
Gutted 4 u matey
Posted By: MrPhil Re: for everyones attention! - 24th Oct 2006 7:49pm
bad news that.

will have to get my exhaust fixed now raftl aBIT to loud
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: for everyones attention! - 24th Oct 2006 8:25pm
Gutted for ya matey.

only a few days after you got it lowered aswell thumbsdown

tink I'll tink twice about front tints now cry

did they pick up on anything else?
Posted By: spinking Re: for everyones attention! - 24th Oct 2006 11:04pm
Originally Posted by clj85
bad news that.

will have to get my exhaust fixed now raftl aBIT to loud

Just alittle raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 24th Oct 2006 11:15pm
Was the 3 points and £60 for the tints?

I guess its due to the dark nights coming in.

Gutted for yu frown
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 24th Oct 2006 11:38pm
I got pulled down there, i try and avoied it all 2getha (hard coz Izzy lives there lol) there always doing police checks there, got nothin better to do!

What did ye get the 3 points for hun x
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 12:50am
i got my 3 points for the actual tints as the police said that it is a dangerous and hazadous modification mad

what pisses me off is that i have spent so much money improving the appearance of my car for police who have nothing better to do to give me 3 points, i should have just put my foot down through a camera or something, i still recieved the same punishment

i also made sure my engine was switched off during the check or they would have done me for my exhaust too, lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 1:03am
If the modifications are illegal, I fail to see why you are pissed off... It doesnt matter how much money you spend, if they are against the law and you get caught, you will get done for it. Simple as.

wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 7:19am
Unfortunatly the law on tinted front windows is quite clear, and the night time dangers obvious.

Just another word of advice to peeps, should you get pulled, always be polite and co-operative, no matter how trivial you feel the justification is. 95% of the people they stop give them jip, and they often tend to go less harsh when people dont give them a hard time.

Dont stick you tounge in their arse, but maybe if you had taken the tints out there and then you might have got away without points and a fine smack
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 10:44am
wel said stuy, you wnt find may people these days that dnt have any kind of convictions on there license whether it be 3 points or crashes to there name

just gotta take it on the chin and learn from it, thats why im so jubious about tints, just think its prob not worth it,

as for the lowering bit you know yourself theres nothing wrong with the car so you didnt have to worry, at the end of the day if i got stoped i know im ok as i know even though the car is decked the front tyres clear the arches on full lock and the rear arches dnt touch the tyres although the back doesnt matter as it would only b the same as having a full car

just take head mate all i can say
Posted By: scoop Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 11:48am
gutted for ya mate but those points were easily avoidable IMO. If i were in ur shoes i'd have pulled the tints off there and then. I will be tinting the front windows of my car,and when i get pulled for them they'll come off,and if i get points then thats fine,just gotta give the flange respect and not argur with them.

P.S How the hell can a car be too low? and how can an exhaust be too loud? Think bugatti veyron for lowness (is a veyron illegal cos its ALWAYS lower than a lowered corsa,and is a DB9 illegal cos its audible from 2 miles away?

AFAIK there is no law on lowness (as long as ur exhaust isnt scraping on the floor all the time) and loudness for cars
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 25th Oct 2006 1:35pm
Thats not the point tho mattty he is still going to be pissed off, i know his mods were illegal but that cant stop him from being annoyed!

i got done for parking on double yellow lines, yes it was illegal but it still pissed me off!

3 points is going abit to fat tho, i fine maybe yes
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 26th Oct 2006 1:05pm
scoop if ya get caught mate with the tints you still get the points, it dosnt matter if you pull them off there and then, they told me that the item was a danger

as kate said its very harsh to give 3 points a fine would be more acceptable
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 26th Oct 2006 1:21pm
Window Tint Laws

Ive just made it sticky again,
got lost in the switch over with the forums.

I think part of the problem is we dont have light meters?

We know there illegal,
but when you see so many out there with them you
kind of question its enforcement?

Its also confusing if you dont realise you can
have as black as you like on the rear sides and back.

A telling off and take them off now would have been
enough in my opinion, as they cost a fair bit anyway.

But again if a driver had tints all around,
and a member of my family was injured or worse
i would be say throw the book at them.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 26th Oct 2006 2:24pm
Its ok saying that "you see so many of them out there" Webby, but at the end of the day if their illegal then their illegal. If you get caught you cant complain.

Its the same with all things in life. Most people download music illegally. But only the few that ever get caught get punished... Does this make it fine and lawful though?

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 26th Oct 2006 2:44pm
Matty

Window tints are not All illegal.

You can have them on the size window,
even the front window.

So if you see or hear someon saying they have tints
they dont follow up by saying you cant have them
more then 15% on the front and 20% on the front sides.
(%% May be off a little but someting like that".)

MOT Stations cant even measure them,
the only test they can do is check that they
are not touching the wiper blades.

Other than that its a pass.

That's where the confusion is in my opinion.
Alotough the law says that the company that fits
them is responsible for checking them for you.
And informing you if there leagal or not.

It has to fall to driver ingnorance,
and by that all i mean is they werent aware of the Law.
I dint recieve a booklet from DVLA or VOSA
so unless i was lucky enough to read a topic like this,
then how would i know.

So if your having Tints Fitted.
Ask the company about the regulations.
And if your informed there illegal expect the concequenses
of a fine / points / prison.

Thats my thoughts smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 26th Oct 2006 3:00pm
My argument still stands though... The excuse "everyone else has them" is no reason for the plod not to issue a penalty when they catch people with illegal tints.

wink
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 27th Oct 2006 12:26am
I heard about this stopping. They took up half of the arriva bus depot and were stopping people driving on laird street.

It wasnt just the plod who were present, there are other governing bodies :

• Police Force
  • VOSA (Vehicle Inspectorate)
  • CSA
  • Benefits agency
  • Inland Revenue

They use this oppertunity of a police officer (Who is the only legal person allowed to stop you) getting you into a check point and then they all have a go at getting you.

I have to admit i agree with these stops in general as it catches people working on the side, non insured drivers, Absent fathers, red diesel users, dangerous vehicle drivers, and so on.....

Why should i pay taxes for people fiddling the benefits system, maybe if everyone got caught then i wouldnt pay as much tax ! Maybe if all un-insured drivers were caught my insurance premium would get reduced ! Maybe if that dangerous vehicle wasnt caught it could have seriously injured someone !

I totally understand about the tints as i got pulled and had to remove mine also many moons ago and its annoying. However if you pulled out on a biker at night because you didnt see them through your tints then you would never forgive yourself, nor would the bikers family forgive you....

I am eating humble pie here as my rangy has tints smack

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 27th Oct 2006 11:15pm
jay i once remember you sayin that if someone parked on zigzags an then a driver couldnt see your daughter crossing then therd be hell to pay.

wot would happen if you caused an accident or nocked over a biker who could still be someones son/daughter/great granny?

all good and well saying your eating humble pie but will u take off the tints?
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 10:59am
Gary, very very good point. The answer is NO.

My Tints may be illegal but they are only a light tint and i can see out of them, even at night. If i was in an unlit area i would simply lower the front windows to help me see.

If i did hit a biker due to not seeing him because of my tints well i would expect there to be hell to pay on my behalf and i am fully aware of that and i know that is my responsability.

The Rangy is up for sale therefore i probably wont have it much longer anyways.

Good point raissed though doh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 12:36pm
Yer but the thing is Jay, if that biker is killed or very seriously injured, no amount of punishment will make up for it.

wink
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 3:28pm
I agree, however that is my choice and therefore my responsability........

We all make choices in life, we either reep the benefits or pay the consiquences of those very choices we make.

Why do we live in such a politically correct society ? It sucks !
Posted By: Gary Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 3:57pm
i agree with wot your sayin jay

if i was in your position then i wouldnt be taking them off either.

are yours illegal anyway? were did u get them done or they standard ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 4:30pm
Originally Posted by Scooby
I agree, however that is my choice and therefore my responsability........

We all make choices in life, we either reep the benefits or pay the consiquences of those very choices we make.

Why do we live in such a politically correct society ? It sucks !
Theres a BIG difference between political correctness and legality. Dont confuse the two... Its not PC to have legal window tints. However, it is law to have legal window tints.

I see where you are coming from Jay, dont get me wrong, its only a small bending of the law, I do it every time I download a music track from my mate in Lebanon. The only thing I question, is yes you are happy to accept whatever penalty your actions may result in if (and thats a big if of course, which imo lessens the crime anyway) a biker was injured or killed. And thats good. All im saying though, is it is very rare the punishment fits the crime, especially with regards to vehicle incidents. Someone may get 18 months in prison, maybe even a suspended sentence for an accident caused by tints, whereas the biker may end up in a wheel chair, brain damaged or even dead as a result.

Im not targetting this point at you particuarly Jay, because there are plenty of people doing the same thing. But I think its a very hard thing to back as both the person in the wrong and the person in the right. However, morally I personally wouldnt have illegal tints - mind you my conscience would never let me. Thats just me though hehe!

smile
Posted By: scoop Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 4:48pm
Heres my take on this. If ur going to pull out,and theres a biker there,and u pull out and hit him. It doesnt matter weather u have tints or not. You shudnt pull out unless ur SURE its clear. you make SURE by looking. U can see thru light - medium smoke tints easily,even at night(dark smoke and limo black can still be seen thru),so if u pul out when its not clear its not the tints fault,its ur fault for not checking thoroughly enough.

I'd tint my car for 3 reasons
Cosmetics
Privacy
Sunlight protection (anti glare)

Now whats the point in tinting just the back windows,cos that doesnt offer me as the driver any of the important 2 reasons above,and my car looks shit as a result,so its all pointless.

And the plod say that front side window tinting is illegal due to the fact that the glass isnt 100% VLT when its made its more like 85% (average) so even the slightest tint makes it under 75 hence illegal. I'd like my windows VLT'd tho to prove that as my glass looks pretty god dam clear to me
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 7:53pm
As far as i am aware its privacy glass anyways smack

I would have a job taking them off......

I would have to replace the glass itself, or if a copper puled me i could always take a hammer to them infront of his eyes to avoid the points omg
Posted By: MrPhil Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 9:31pm
if i had tints on my windows then i would take extra care pulling out of a junction.

in most cases i would say a "lazy driver" causes accidents at junctions not tints but this is just my oppinion.

with regards to rear window tints i think they should be banned (or atleast just a verrrrry light tint)as they take away just asmuch visibilty (sp) as a windscreen.

there's my 10p worth (would be a quid but am skint) smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 28th Oct 2006 9:39pm
Ad jst say be prepared to keep ur front side windows down every time you drive somewhere if you have realli dark tints :P, that way the police wnt be able to see if there tinted or not laugh

I must admit the back rear window tints make it realli dificult to revese out at the nite! if they are limo black or realli dark tints
Posted By: Paul R Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 29th Oct 2006 12:09pm
Originally Posted by cor7a

as kate said its very harsh to give 3 points a fine would be more acceptable

You broke the law, so you shuld have the 3 points aswel. You could say a fine would be alright for speeding, but once again you have broke the law so 3 points as well.

You know the law before you Speed, tints etc: and it = 3 points unless you S**K them off there and then.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 29th Oct 2006 6:29pm
you all looking into the tint thing a bit to much okay he has broken the law and has been punished. But how many of us do more than the speed limit only by a few miles per hour, your taking the resposibility and continue to do it, how many have modded their car and not declared the mod they are just as bad as having tint. Come on this is a modified boy racer site etc surely everything we get up to is illegal lol their no such thing as legal. Let not spam
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 29th Oct 2006 8:38pm
Originally Posted by Johnny Alan
you all looking into the tint thing a bit to much okay he has broken the law and has been punished. But how many of us do more than the speed limit only by a few miles per hour, your taking the resposibility and continue to do it, how many have modded their car and not declared the mod they are just as bad as having tint. Come on this is a modified boy racer site etc surely everything we get up to is illegal lol their no such thing as legal. Let not spam

Good point
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 29th Oct 2006 9:02pm
Here Here, well said woman happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 1:11am
Buts as Jay mentioned earlier on, anything he decides to do that may be illegal, he is prepared to take the punishment if he is caught etc..

So people who moan about points or disagree with them, just because the crime may be considered petite, need to realise that a crime must be punished otherwise it will never be combatted.

If they didnt issue points for small things like speeding and tints, do you honestly think anyone would take any notice of stern warnings or small fines?

Just like the other thread in which the points were recieved for dropping someone off.

Somebody kicking a wing mirror off your car whilst being a bit drunk isnt exactly a big crime or going to hurt anyone, but would you let them get away with it??? I think not, you would want to see them punished. The same with any crime that is to happen to you...

This works both ways. I think at the end of the day, if you arnt prepared to do the time, or get points and a fine, then DONT do the crime. If you do the crime and get caught, then there is no need whatsopever to feel harshly done to or unfairly treated!

wink
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 11:05am
Me and my dad both had r wing mirrors kicked off on friday, we
know exactly who it is, but there is nothin we can do about it!
Posted By: scoop Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 12:09pm
if u know who it is there is something u can do about it,its called vigilante justice. Get ur dad (or yourself if these people are weak enough) to go round and kick the shit out of them

Mattys hit the nail on the head. The tints are illegal (they shudnt be) but they are,so when u get caught u deserve punishment for ignoring the law (like i ignore it most days lol)

Rear and rear side window tints are NOT illegal dur to the fact rearward vision from inside the car(without the use of exterior mirrors),is not a legal requirement (if it was all vans would be illegal)
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 12:23pm
There only like 10 tho, they live oppisite me there little shits, always doing sunthin!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 2:36pm
I would still contact the plod though Kaytie. its still criminal damage and its still affected you if its permenantly damaged the car.

wink
Posted By: eggsjan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 6:47pm
Scooby,

A bit irresponsible to say that you aint going to take the tints off the Rangey and if a biker gets killed then its your responsibility.
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 30th Oct 2006 10:39pm
Like i give a shit ?

If you read the topic you will see my explanation....

If you dont like my explanation then tuff shit omg
Posted By: scoop Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 31st Oct 2006 11:53am
Originally Posted by eggsjan
Scooby,
yada yada

I think Mr Eggsjan is our resident traffic plod blokee. And like said eggs,if u hit a bike on the road its NOT due to ur tints, its due to u not looking thru ur tints correctly and just guessing that its clear. People hit bikes all the time,even without tints,accidents happen,and if a person hits a bike then its that person thats the idiot for not looking properly. U act as if tints are a brick wall.Theyre only tinted from the inside,looking at them from outside they look black,looking at them from inside theyre almost clear,meaning u CAN see everything on the road.The law is gay in this country,aswell as most things in this country
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 31st Oct 2006 6:04pm
If every1 wants to spam a topic then I mayaswell have ago, if ya wana have a moan over the negligence made by people over tint then you best have a moan at evry1 on the boards cause non off 100% listen and agree with the law so mr egg head stop banging on and boring me lol. P.S that goes for u aswell scoopy ha ha
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 31st Oct 2006 6:09pm
If every1 wants to spam a topic then I mayaswell have ago

raftl
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 31st Oct 2006 6:30pm
they we're out again last night doing checks around mine (Claughton Village) rounding up cars in the laird street depot.
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 2nd Nov 2006 11:39pm
woo glad it's calmed down in here now!

They have nothin better to do!
Me and adam got stopped the other day coz of the reg plate being in the window, and omg we were there for about 20mins!

He sed he dosent do ppl for speeding and stuff like that, only things he can give producers for, its like get a life and do somethin useful!

Rant over!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 2nd Nov 2006 11:54pm
What do you mean "they havent got anything better to do" Kaytie?

I am not being funny or anything, but am I correct that they are police? And am I correct in thinking that police are there to prevent crime and catch criminals?

Having the number plate in the window is basically the same as asking a plod to pull you.

I dont know what you are expecting the plod to do... they arnt paid to play bowls or anything yano, they are paid to do thier job. Which from what you are saying, they are doing.

I dont see why people moan when they get pulled or get in to trouble with the plod... especially when they are asking to be pulled (in this case the number plate).

No need for a rant Kaytie, it all sounds well within their job description from what you have posted.
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 12:40am
Bloody ell matt no need to have a go am jus sayin!
U get far to political with all this stuff!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 1:16am
Am just gettin sick of people slating the plod for doin thier jobs, just because people who attract their attention get pulled and checked upon or even end up with points etc for having a mod etc that isnt legal...

wink
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 1:26am
No!
All im saying is that they should be doing something more useful!
Not having ur reg plate in the correct place is not going to cause an accident! Therfor it is not going to prevent an accident eitha it if is in the right place! He bizzie got a call over his radio sayin that he was needed else were for a diturbance, too me that is alot more important that having a reg plate in the right place, when there was a very plausable reason for not havin it in the correct place!!!

Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 1:37am
FYI, plod wont pull someone when they are:

a. en route to an emergency
b. just got a call for another emergency.

However, when they pull someone, they are "supposed" to see the incident through prior to attending another emergency.

And there are plenty of plod, I can assure you that the copper who pulled you wasnt the only plod on duty and whatever incident was announced on the radio, will have been attended to by another plod. For all you know, there could have been loads of other plod who were actually nearer to the incident then he was anyway!

And you say it was a plausable reason... How was the plod supposed to know this reason without pulling him to ask? Plod may claim to be many things at times, but even they cant claim to be psychic yano!

Face it, your peeved off because you got pulled... At the end of the day, everyone gets pulled, the car you were in was sending an open invitation to plod to pull you by having the reg plate in the windscreen.

It happens, get over it, dont moan about it, cos its done and moaning wont get you anywhere. Also, would you moan if you had just had your wing mirror kicked off again and a plod decided to chase the person who done it? I mean surely your theory would apply in such an incident, I mean surely they would have something better to do then to chase the person to find out why he just kicked your wing mirror off. I mean its not going to cause an accident or anything is it.....

wink
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 2:13am
lol I think matty sud have a police mans job, he tends to correct ppl and he sounds like he can do a better job then the plod are.

Before u say anything i sed he sounds like he can do a better job not he can do a better job.

Originally Posted by MattyC
At the end of the day, everyone gets pulled

Surely not everyone gets pulled! well i havnt soo far an av bin past many police blockade things. came bk from me cousins about 1-2am so i got off the motorway exiting the higherbebington, clatterbrigde exit and as i was about to go onto the mount road i saw 20-25policemen/women standin around blockin off the brackenwood road. Gave me a shock lol dint expect erm as i went around the corner haha raftl , i slowly drove past erm an i was expectin erm to stop me n ask me questions but they neva.
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 8:27am
Number plates are more imprtant than even now as we now have Number Plate Recognition Camera's

By having his number plate in the windscreen a camera probably wouldnt be able to read it. This means he could be driving around with no Tax, Mot or insurance and he would be dodging these camera's.

I am with the plod on this one, we need to stop un-insured drivers as its the rest of us that pay for them and i am fed up of paying through the nose ........

Posted By: Aaaaaalex Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 9:50am
Matty C, are you a copper? lol.

The police are there to do their jobs, to stop uninsured drivers, drivers without licenses, drivers in cars that are unfit for the road and perhaps a danger to everyone else on the road.

They lay down rules on what is legal and what is illegal when it comes to mods, tyre tread, window tints etc and if you cross the line into what is deemed illegal then you are going to have to accept the consequences for doing so, it really is that simple.

Thats not to say that should you get pulled and fined that you shouldnt be annoyed because obviously you would.

Its like speeding, you do it, you may not think about it, but its illegal and if you get caught you have absolutely no right to complain.

We may think they are tough, but at the end of the day they are the rules of the land.
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 12:19pm
Matty im not moaning that the police pulled us i thought it was sooo funny!

All im tryin to say is that they could b doing something more productive, like preventing crimes!

Stop gettin so political, ur having a go at me, and this is like my 1st opinion on things like this!!!!!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 1:21pm
Im not having a go babe, you were having a rant about a plod, I was simply pointin out that he was just his job and its well within his job description to pull someone for what you described.

smile
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 3rd Nov 2006 1:23pm
IM not having a moan about them!
Yeah the plob can be arse holes at times, but they have there uses to!

Iv had the police come and check i was ok when i have bee out with lad mates lol! x
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 4th Nov 2006 6:20pm
Originally Posted by kaytie
IM not having a moan about them!
Yeah the plob can be arse holes at times, but they have there uses to!

Iv had the police come and check i was ok when i have bee out with lad mates lol! x

ohh my god I didnt know you hung around with curb crawlers, police are always looking out for prostitutes these days. ha ha ha ha ha ha tease raftl thumbsup
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 4th Nov 2006 11:30pm
pmsl raftl thats not a very nice thing to say mr johnny alan!!
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 12:10am
I have only ever been pulled by the police once and that was to do a survey thingy about drinking. the police who pulled me were very polite and when i told them i hardly ever drink they just said sorry for the time it took and the woman officer said i had a very nice car and to have a safe journey, not all police are out there to piss everyone off, some are nice too. I dont think i have got anything illigal about my car but if i had spent a fortune tinting all the windows then id be a bit gutted that i had to rip them off, come on i think most ppl would be if they had done that. ive got rear tints on the soft top and i find it ok to see out of but im not gonna get the fronts tinted because i try and avoid being pulled by the police. I do think 3 points and a fine and removing your tints is too much of a punishment for just having ur windows tinted. people do far worse and get far less punishments, its not as if you were doing 100mph on the motorway or anything. i feel sorry for you mate, i know its illigal having front tints but i still feel for ya.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 6:38am
I know what you mean Kim, yes it can be considered a bit harsh and I think getting points for it are a touch harsh myself.

However, there is two ways to look at it imho:

1. People who just get a £60 fine and no points or even just a warning, would, 9 times out of 10, just put the tints back on later down the line as they would feel they have gotten away with the crime.

2. It is a law of the land unfortunatly, and if we brake the law and get caught doing it, we should all just accept the consequneces, as Scooby said earlier regarding his choices in life. If the plod went around ignoring the law and giving out lighter penalities, who would take any notice of either the plod of the law.

I suppose at the end of the day, giving points for such crimes as this is the best way to prevent otherwise totally law abiding drivers from attempting to break the law in the future with illegal modifications. It will also help them to be more careful about which mods are legal etc...

The points wont last forever and I think its all just about fair, the punishment does fit the crime overall.

smile
Posted By: learner Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 9:12am
ye same ere kim, ive only bin pulled off for the drinking thing aswell. they were k, apart from that, i aint bin pulled off for anything else (touch wood), ye feel sorry for you matty, but it wasnt like u didnt know u werent allowed them, surely u were expecting someone to pull u over soon or later. but i do think 3 points and a fine is a bit tight. i just thought u wud off just got the fine. which aint too bad. Have you told u insuarance company??? some insurance company tell u to tell them, after 3 point declair them. anyway feel tight on ya xxkatexx
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 9:21am
You should inform your insurance company of absolutely any incident that happens to you or your car anyway. I was told that (after my accident which the other party admitted all liability straight away) by my uncle who served in the plod for 27 years, the last 12 years of which he was a traffic sergant.

wink
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 9:47am
AAAAHHHHHHHH THAT WHY YOUR JUMPING N THE DEFENCE CAUSE OF YA RELATIVE BEING ONE. WELL I DNT CARE THEY ARE ALL GAY ONLY MESSING HA HA HA
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 9:55am
He aint anymore tease Although I will admit my family have been in the plod for 3 generations, I dont really let this bias my opinion's. I just think that the punishment was fair as it is a law of the land. I do agree its a bit harsh for such a small crime, but I don't make the laws and neither do the plod, its actually the Labour government who have gotten tough on road laws, especially laws regarding to modifications.

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 5th Nov 2006 10:17am
I no wot ur sayin matty, it was like wen i was in spain on me work experience. We met this lad that came on the work ex from anuva wiral met an we was always jokin around wiv him an he neva took us seriously an once he pissed us off n we sed to him were gonna throw him in the pool but were gonna make him take his fone n wallet out so it doesnt dammage an he fort we was messin so one day we w8ted so the teachers were out of sight an we did it haha raftl

It sounds mean but it was funni at least he new we wernt messin then. Its like wot matty is sayin if police give light punishments such as a warning people dont take them seriously.
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 10:42am
omg i cant belive this is still going lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 2:56pm
you better believe it! cool
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 6:19pm

Its going on cause you keep posting and us men cant let a woman get the last word so shut up
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 7:17pm
sick
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 7:25pm

Its going on cause you keep posting and us men cant let a woman get the last word so shut up
Quality!

That includes you Webby haha grin
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 6th Nov 2006 11:16pm
rhys you should be a woman tee hee.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 7th Nov 2006 12:00am
I agree with Rhys... ya's are still not avin the last word tease
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 7th Nov 2006 12:28am
Originally Posted by MattyC
He aint anymore tease Although I will admit my family have been in the plod for 3 generations, I dont really let this bias my opinion's. I just think that the punishment was fair as it is a law of the land. I do agree its a bit harsh for such a small crime, but I don't make the laws and neither do the plod, its actually the Labour government who have gotten tough on road laws, especially laws regarding to modifications.

smile

whens this topic going to be locked? no-ones posted anything remotely useful or anything decent to do with the topic since Matty's post smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points on my licence and a £60 Fine - 7th Nov 2006 12:34am
If memeber persist in spamming this topic it
will be closed.

Please keep to the forum topic please smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral