Forums
8783 people for 274 jobs, this article makes for interesting reading.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...es_in_country_to_find_work__report_says/
Doesn't bode well for the future
A lot of job vacancies aren't full time which makes the REAL figures even worse. Many companies with lower paid staff prefer the flexibility of having many part-time workers instead of fewer full-time. It makes covering absence a lot easier as well as reducing wage bills when work is slack.
Part times better than nothing
Originally Posted by dave_h

F,IN A!

He the man!

SEE? This is a man willing to work! Good on you H wink

thumbsup
Only so much a man can take trying to get a job, not to mention the reserves runnig dry, oops already there
Originally Posted by dave_h
Depends on a lot of things, there are members here who will testify that they got offered full-time employment by McDownAndDirty but then were only getting 12 hours or less a week.

If you want a full-time job, part-time is unsatisfactory. With the job situation like it is, trying to fit in interviews and hold down the part-time can be extremely difficult.

Then there are numerous problems with the benefit system trying to get them to accommodate your part-time work without you ending up worse off financially.
Like not getting benefits is properly their biggest along with such statements as there's lots of policies but we can't possibly know them all, how professional
If your not getting benefits then any work is good
If you aren't entitled to benefits there is usually a reason for this, sometimes its just not knowing the system, might be worth a chat with citizens advice. Policies cannot over-rule the law, neither can guidelines, internal handbooks etc. The law states what you are ENTITLED to, entitlement meaning that they are under an obligation to provide it not you having to scrounge it off them.

If you have been made unemployed in the year before last April, you could do a tax return for last year and get your income tax rebate if you are short of money, it comes through quite quick sometimes.
I can give much credence to that! I have been trying for AGES to get a permanent job in the Wirral. I have become so fed up with the place that I often felt like leaving it for good.

Problem is, where to go!
London you get one there, you can allways travel at weekends back here.
I just read the link & unless im reading it wrong Cllr phil Davies wants to get his head out of his arce mad - Job centre statistics sre distorted with many jobs advertised up to 16 times a day ( see pics showing the same part time job advertised again & again)
Also the other jobs advertised at the joke centre are just agencies looking for people to put on there books to sell your details to people ringing to ask if you want to claim industrial injury compo from ex employers! Job probably didnt exist. mad

Attached picture hay 156a.jpg
Attached picture hay 158a.jpg
LOL laugh
Originally Posted by petzl
I just read the link & unless im reading it wrong Cllr phil Davies wants to get his head out of his arce mad - Job centre statistics sre distorted with many jobs advertised up to 16 times a day ( see pics showing the same part time job advertised again & again)
Also the other jobs advertised at the joke centre are just agencies looking for people to put on there books to sell your details to people ringing to ask if you want to claim industrial injury compo from ex employers! Job probably didnt exist. mad
Great help dunno
Calm down Becky, it`s just an advert laugh
where i'm working, usually when people leave their contract is replaced like for like with someone else.
but now as people leave (we have a big turnover of staff) they are only giving 8 hour contacts to new employees!

which is they say saves them on sick /holidays etc...

but this is no good to most people especially as it will be 8 hours over any 2 days out of 7..
ideal for students and school leavers i guess..

but more and more places seam to be doing this...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral