Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 3:09pm
Are any of you unemployed people here suffering the endless misery of The Silent Phone?

By that, I mean you send off for job after job every day, yet not a soul rings you for an interview. It is utterly soul destroying, it really is.
why not do lots of copies of cv's
dress smart and go to prospective employers..ask for the manager/ personel officer and hand them your cv.
quite a few people i know have got jobs that way over the years, shows your interested and determined enough to go out there rather than just sending cv's in the post, which sometimes just get put aside and forgotten about...

good luck
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 4:42pm
The Hungry Horse in Brom is taking on 'floor staff'.
Posted By: Wench Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 5:03pm
If you're on Twitter, there's also a Wirral_Jobs profile that Tweets jobs on the Wirral as they are posted, sometimes before they are advertised. There's at least 5-10 each day.
Posted By: philmch Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 7:15pm
Illegitimis non carborundum.

Shred your CVs and compost them. After religion, the Protestant work ethic is the greatest con perpetrated on the human race.

Sod work. Get plenty of sleep, enjoy yourself and feel no guilt. wink
Posted By: Stegga Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 8:35pm
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
Are any of you unemployed people here suffering the endless misery of The Silent Phone?

By that, I mean you send off for job after job every day, yet not a soul rings you for an interview. It is utterly soul destroying, it really is.

My youngest daughter is suffering this at the moment, endless applications only to never get a reply. It's not difficult to send a bog standard prepared reply saying yea or nay is it?
Posted By: Mally Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 10:44pm
withthat
Posted By: FayePlayer Re: Suffering The Misery of The Silent Phone? - 3rd Aug 2011 11:07pm
I'm suffering really bad with money at the moment from not being able to find any work and not being able to get any help from the job centre, I'm not totally at a loss as I'm doing summer work 5 hours a day with an agency that doesn't pay too well. I'm not boasting as its not enough, as I am still struggling to find full time work, within nurseries, admin and the shop sector with being turned down by Asda, Morrisons, no jobs at Tesco or even b&q, it is ridiculously hard, thinking of getting a board and selling myself in the town centre and getting work this way lol anyone wishing to join is welcome ha. My advise is to keep trying your best that's what I keep telling myself anyway, and hope for the best. It seems alot of people are either down, sad or not happy and struggling one way or another myself being one of them and It's just the way it is. I'm going to pound the streets tomorrow and Friday. Good luck to all, something will happen you just got to believe it.
Good advice there, but there's only one problem: nearly all these firms now tell you to apply online only. Many even bin your CV if you hand it in personally to the store or office or wherever.

This online business can be a right nuisance.
Hi. Thanks for bringing the Twitter job notification to my attention. Will check out.
Hi. Thanks for your posting. Very sorry to hear that you daughter is experiencing similar difficulties with these employers not acknowledging her applications. Obviously, I can share great empathy with her here.

Please pass on my best wishes to her, and tell her I hope she gets something soo.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral