Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Work For Council ..No Pay - 24th Jan 2018 2:37pm
I know they call it volunteering but they are advertising for casual Mini Bus Drivers for a school and the ad says "Driving experience..not essential as all training given...LOL. .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 24th Jan 2018 5:16pm
Is this the hospital school job?

https://ww3.wirral.gov.uk/jobs/jobdetail.asp?VacancyID=8031&Other=School
Posted By: venice Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 24th Jan 2018 5:28pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
I know they call it volunteering but they are advertising for casual Mini Bus Drivers for a school and the ad says "Driving experience..not essential as all training given...LOL. .

Casual is a worrying word ! Ha! - Can you imagine it ! ......Truly casual driver --- "You say four kids fell out when I moved off quickly? Damn that means Im going to be late at the next stop !"
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 24th Jan 2018 7:24pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

yep. The old Park High School.
Posted By: casper Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 25th Jan 2018 10:55am
Originally Posted by fish5133

I suppose it's a waste of time applying they must be queuing around the block for this once in a lifetime opportunity, sorry to sound sarcastic, but they are taking the wiz, nothing wrong with helping out a few odd days here and there, but this is virtually part time and come summer the hours will increase, maybe a taste of things to come.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 25th Jan 2018 5:37pm
I suppose its free experience for you that could get you a paying job. Would it affect your benefit as you would technically be unavailable for work. They could at least "encourage" someone on benefits to "earn" there money..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 25th Jan 2018 6:40pm
There's no great shortage of jobs for drivers with or without experience. I suppose the working with kids bit gives you something for your CV.

The hospital school is a funded enterprise, I think asking for volunteers on what clearly should be employment is not ideal.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 8th Feb 2018 8:38am
No experiebce needed as it will be give, so you can't drive are they going to teach you, I think not!
And if working with kids you will have to have a search done on you, who pays for that? DBS CBS or whatever they call them?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Work For Council ..No Pay - 12th Feb 2018 8:05pm
I see in Globe Thorn Heys NHS care respite home is temporarily being shut down due to inadequate staffing levels...wonder if its anything to do with poor wages.... OR relying on volunteers!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral