Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Dont forget to vote today! - 2nd May 2007 11:12pm
Don't forget it's polling day today!

7am to 10pm

Did you remember to register?

Who will you be voting for?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 2nd May 2007 11:14pm
I would have been voting Tory, but im not on the electoral register through personal choice and wont be until 2009 when the next General Election takes place.

Local elections dont mean much anyway, and certainly dont give us any idea of what will happen at a GE, remember the Torys won the local elections that preceeded the last GE, in fact iirc, the Lib Dems even beat Labour lol. And then Labour won the GE.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 8:57am
That's what the card is for smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 9:22am
What card... I wont get a card as im not on the electoral role idiot

And I currently have no interest in being on it either.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 3:36pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Local elections don't mean much anyway.

So why do we have them then ?

Done wink
it Didn't hurt! And i wasn't Exit Polled lol

Does this mean that John Snow will be out with his swing o meter tonight? Click Me
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 4:59pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Does this mean that John Snow will be out with his swing o meter tonight? Click Me

It's Peter Snow, not John Snow! He presents the Channel 4 News smack

and thats for the general elections anyway lol

lmao but you gotta love that swing o meter

Originally Posted by MattyC
Local elections dont mean much anyway

So you don't care where your council tax goes? (If you pay it that is)

I don't pay council tax, but I'd still prefer to see hard earned money of local homeowners go towards decent decisions on areas of where their cash should be spent.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 5:46pm
raftl Peter Snow, i knew it had snow in it lol..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 10:22pm
Local elections dont mean much, as do you really know what policies and adgenda's your local council representatives have? Nope, and anyone who says they do is totally bullshitting.

Most people just vote for either their preferred political party, or in backlash against a certain party.

So the argument dont you care where your council tax goes is pretty much invalid, as 99% of people dont have a clue until the bill comes through anyway. People don't even tend to know what national party policies and adgenda's are, never mind local parties.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 10:38pm
You are quite right, but still, thats not a reason to give up your right to vote for your preferred party.

I takes what...about 20 seconds of your time to put a cross in a square, fold it and put it in a box?

If everyone had negative attitude towards voting and noone decided to vote, there'd be no point in any elections whatsoever.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 10:43pm
Lol dont get me wrong Joe, im not against voting. I always vote when I have the right to vote (as I have done in the past), but I dont at the moment as I wont go on the electoral register.

I will be registering on it for the next GE and then unregistering shortly afterwards.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 3rd May 2007 11:41pm
Heres the BBC results and information page for Wirral by the way. It will have the results of the 2007 elections posted on it when they are in.

BBC 2007 Council Elections: Wirral
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dont forget to vote today! - 4th May 2007 9:17am
According to the current national results, the tories are anihalating Labour, the Wirral results have yet to be called however.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral