Forums
Posted By: manic28_am Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 3:24pm
Some pictures from Bebington of during and after today's thunderstorm. Never known rain like it. Sympathies to the people affected. I'm lucky as all I had was a leaky ceiling on my extension.

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/...bington%20Floods%2029th%20August%202012/
Posted By: Salmon Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 3:33pm
Goodness me, that looks awful,as you say sympathies to those affected..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 3:35pm
un real, no drains could have coped with that today, have just suffered trying to drive home here at parkgate. thanks for the pics
Posted By: FayePlayer Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 3:53pm
that's bad, i didn't even know we had rain. I don't think it was that bad here in birkenhead. Sympathy goes out to all affected.
Posted By: rocks Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 4:40pm
flippin heck i was in liverpool today and as i left one shop it had been raining then when i got on the train home a girl stepped off soaked to the skin (obvs from the wirral) so now i know why
Posted By: SUExx Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 5:03pm
We had water pouring into the lady lever art gallery, the shop was flooded. Sand bags had to be used and a water sucker up machine.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 7:19pm
Can someone tell me the road where these photos where taken please.

Thanks
Posted By: manic28_am Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 29th Aug 2012 10:49pm
I deliberately didn't state the road for the privacy of those concerned. Please don't ask.
Posted By: Figurehead Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 30th Aug 2012 9:38am
By the Brown Cow
Posted By: manic28_am Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 30th Aug 2012 5:08pm
THANKS Figurehead
Posted By: dave_h Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 1st Sep 2012 2:28pm
there was probably a reason why the land was never built on, seems these days any land is fair game without looking at the long term effects, another reason the country is going to pot, noit bloody strategists
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 4th Sep 2012 1:57pm
Same in Lincolnshire, they've build on known flood meadows and wonder why they flood up in bad weather. Any local could've told them but they didn't ask and the farmer who sold the land probably wouldn't be about to give them a heads up. Either that or they were cynical enough to go ahead anyway.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Flooding in Bebington and Port Sunlight - 4th Sep 2012 3:17pm
Part of the problem, nationwide, is the replacement of grass/earth by tarmac/concrete; how many front gardens have been replaced with hardstandings for cars? So much of the rainfall now runs off and into the sewers instead of soaking into the ground.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral