Forums
Posted By: organiser Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 10:37am
I have a large upright freezer...The external top of the freezer is getting very hot..is this normal please or is there a problem which requires me to close the freezer down

Thank you
Posted By: casper Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 10:53am
I wouldn't take a chance, there were a spate of fires involving Beko f/freezers, best be safe than sorry.
Posted By: venice Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 10:57am
I doubt it if its properly ventilated- mine is cold on top , but I have learned with frost free freezers that start defrosting bigstyle inside and refreezing over and over , the answer is to get it defrosted completely and start again. Some ice blockage in an essential part causes it, when your usage has caused either the door to be left open, or youre repeatedly in there rooting for too long with the door open. Maybe you have a problem (if its frost free) that could be similarly sorted without resorting to engineers or scrapping.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 11:06am
As casper said, there have been a few fires from Beko f/freezers. I think the thermostats were duff. There was/is a recall on them. Is yours a Beko ??? IF it is, pull the plug on it NOW!
Posted By: organiser Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 12:42pm
Thank you for your replies...it is a Gorenje large upright and is not frost free...it is about eight years old
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 3:19pm
i would completely defrost it and then see if that helps, i agree, it sounds like a build up of ice
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 4:34pm
http://www.geappliances.com/search/fast/infobase/10000047.htm
Check here.
Posted By: organiser Re: Upright freezer heating up - 12th Aug 2014 5:29pm
Once again many thanks...have defrost in progress...good link zipper thanks to both of you
© Wirral-Wikiwirral