Forums
Posted By: dizzylizzy2020 Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 2:57pm
Does anyone know what is going on near the BPS petrol station on Laid Street? Police everywhere and the road is closed, people standing in the street and police helicopter?
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 2:59pm
Apparently someone has an axe in the flats opposite KFC and is threatening people with it.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:02pm
Shoot him and get it finished, rubber bullet to the noggin won`t do any damage.

Woman held hostage after smashing his flat up.
Posted By: colin86 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:08pm
Its a garden fork not an axe an suppose to of burst a gain main just your average idiot down them ways . Decent people are the minority
Posted By: gopher Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:14pm
TVsays Laird Street closed both ways due to police incident at Mallaby Street.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:16pm
Heard he is holding his girlfriend hostage and threatening to shoot. Been smashing windows apparently. Suarez throwing a tantrum?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:19pm

Breaking news Laird Street closed after police incident

3:56pm Monday 22nd April 2013 in News

Laird Street is closed both ways due to a police incident at Mallaby Street.

The closure is affecting traffic between Birkenhead and Bidston.

Police advise drivers to avoid the area.

Dozens of residents are out in the street at the scene and there are reports of a man behaving eratically, smashing windows.

Around a dozen police and other emergency vehicles are in attendance.

More later...

irral globe website
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:23pm
I'm going down that way now, ill take a look......
Posted By: gopher Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:29pm
Echo reporting man arrested after giving himself up, no hostage
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:31pm
no beers for him tonight
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:33pm
aressted for affray and criminal damage, affray can be a serious charge.
Posted By: gopher Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 3:35pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/echo-live/
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 4:27pm
He is supposed to have smashed the petrol station up and was threatening to ignite the fuel.Chicken would have been well done at the KFC.
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 4:43pm
I live close to Laird Street, I wondered why the police helicopter was hovering around earlier on. crazy
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 5:59pm
Wow i came past the petrol station before and there was tape round some flats but also a ambulance came past me after which i assume was coming there.

Cannae say if it was going there or not but certainly it seemed like something was going on?

Its by the tennis centre and the car cleaning place.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 22nd Apr 2013 7:59pm
Someone told me that in the flats (by the North Star) a bloke was holding his girlfriend hostage and had turned on the gas and threatened to blow themselves up.
Also told that a tear gas had been shot through the window by the police.
May just be exaggerated
Posted By: RedLance Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 11:42am
Originally Posted by colin86
Its a garden fork not an axe an suppose to of burst a gain main just your average idiot down them ways . Decent people are the minority

you are talking out of your backside, there are plenty of good honest decent people down there, the scumbags give the rest of the folks a bad name mad
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 11:54am
As in any area a few bad apples in the barrel would make you think the rest of the apples are bad.
I live in the Northend and count quite a few there as decent and honest friends.
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 12:07pm
hear hear, RedLance and derekdwc, I have lived in the North End all my life and quite frankly, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. OK, it has its occasional "incidents" but show me a place that doesn't.
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 2:23pm
Originally Posted by dave2745
hear hear, RedLance and derekdwc, I have lived in the North End all my life and quite frankly, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. OK, it has its occasional "incidents" but show me a place that doesn't.

I always feel threatened when there to be honest, there's a not nice vibe about the place and all the tracksuits are very intimidating. This is from the point of view of a older person who grew up in a rural area though.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 2:41pm
What have track suits got to do with anything? Lmao laugh
Posted By: RedLance Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 2:46pm
they are ok as long as they match bananadance
Posted By: RedLance Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 2:50pm
seriously though I was brought up on Beaufort Rd right next to supposedly one of the worst streets in England, Tees St, and must admit it is nowhere near as bad as people make out.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 5:03pm
Lived all over the world and UK and came back to the North End to retire. Mostly good folks with the odd bad ass. Oops! the same as everywhere else, no better no worse.
oldman
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 6:46pm
Originally Posted by RedLance
seriously though I was brought up on Beaufort Rd right next to supposedly one of the worst streets in England, Tees St, and must admit it is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

I was brought up in Tees Street, lived there for almost 40 years in fact, and for most part, they were some of the nicest neighbours you could ever meet. I'd probably still be living there now if the Council hadn't decided to pull it down in 1994. frown
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 23rd Apr 2013 8:36pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

People that wear them are usually people youd not waant to be friends with
Posted By: Katryn Re: Incident Birkenhead Laird Street - 24th Apr 2013 6:16pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

at least it is tracksuits and not walking round in pyjama's and onesies like round here of Peel Avenue estate. Girl pushing pram went into chip shop today with her kids all where in their pyjamas at dinner time in public ll
© Wirral-Wikiwirral