Forums
Posted By: chriskay Local knowledge needed - 16th Feb 2008 1:52pm
Hi; I'm coming up next Friday. Normally I'd park at Hooton & take the train, but for a change I thought I might try Leasowe station park & ride. Question: will there be space, or does it fill up early? Someone who passes there during the day might know.

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: jonah Re: Local knowledge needed - 16th Feb 2008 8:46pm
Leasowe road station, or the staion on reeds lane Chris ?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Local knowledge needed - 16th Feb 2008 10:07pm
Jonah, the station on Leasowe road is Wallasey village Station and doesnt have a car park, this station is on the New Brighton line, where as Leasowe station is on the West Kirby line.
Posted By: jonah Re: Local knowledge needed - 16th Feb 2008 10:13pm
yeh, ok, so is that the one on reeds lane ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 1:27am
Leasowe Station park and ride can get quite full, but not usually completely full.

As I only live minutes away from it, I will check on this for you Chris on Monday/Tuesday and confirm how empty it is after everyone has gone to work.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 8:45am
think my only concern for chris is that there is always reports of cars being attacked/vandalised even tho there is cctv and the response rate is really low...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 8:57am
Originally Posted by jonah
think my only concern for chris is that there is always reports of cars being attacked/vandalised even tho there is cctv and the response rate is really low...

Ive heard of two report's in the last couple of year's; hardly grounds for people to "stay away".

The car park has been open for around 10 years now, and in all that time there has been relatively few incident's of this nature. Because a newspaper highlight's two incident's, it scare's people into not using it.

Im sorry but you take a risk in any car park, whether it be in Leasowe, Birkenhead or even West Kirby. Do you think that same local newspaper highlights every other car park incident? No they dont, probably because few people go to them about incidents, and also because that week it was one of the main stories, most week's they have far better content to post.

In light of that recent newspaper article, they have increased the security of the car park and station as a whole, the transport police and general police are reguarly at the station in the daytime now keeping an eye on thing's im sure.

The place isnt full of yob's like people suggest (I know this as I have lived down the road from the station most of my life and used the station many times), and we did attempt a meet in the car park a year or so ago, but we were moved on within 20 minutes or so by the station staff. So security isnt as ineffective as that newspaper article made out.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 10:59am
Thanks, guys; problem sorted. Jonno, who I'm going to meet, has said I can park at his place. It could be useful for the future though to know whether there's usually space at Leasowe station.

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: jonah Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 12:03pm
ok, am wrong again, i'll just be quiet and just post on what i know about....... offtopic
Posted By: Waddi Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 1:27pm
I'm with Jonah on this one, I was going to make the same comment, When I went on the Christmas night out with work, 2 colleagues that live in leasowe/Moreton had their cars vandalised in the station car park, neither of them reported it as they know nothing would get done anyway so would have been a waste of time. Since this was at the same time I suppose you could see this as 1 incident tho.

and a separate incident where the car was fully stolen, but this was a good 3 years back (?).

but, on both accounts the cars were left at the station over night, so day time is probably pretty safe.

but, (Again) they do say for every reported crime, there are 10 others that aren't been reported.

I don't know, like you say Matty, your car isn't safe anywhere nowadays, whether the place has a bad reputation or not, 99% of a city/town/village population may be decent people but all its takes is 1 person to vandalise or damage your car, and they may even just be passing through.

just always make sure you park next to a better car than your own with less security than yours.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 6:36pm
The car park isnt monitored overnight; there is no station staff between the hours of 00:00 and 05:45 and it's them who monitor it on the CCTV (hence why at busy period's there is now two of them, so one can always be in the office monitoring etc whilst the other one may be out cleaning/collecting tickets or serving customers).

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 11:52pm
With any of the merseyrail park n rides / car parks,
they all have disclaimers.

Meaning they basically provide you somewhere to park
close to a station, but are not responsible for any damage
to your vehicle.

I know the one at Leasowe Station park does have additional Bylaws
attached to the parking.

How do i know that?
Because we did use it as a members meeting place,
and we seen the bylaws sign and its warnings but can not remember what they were.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Local knowledge needed - 17th Feb 2008 11:56pm
But then there is practically no car park that is liable for damage to your car except the likes of NCP secured car parks, which can cost upto £8.00 per hour; it's unfair to single out Leasowe Park & Ride.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral