Forums
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 10:40am
Anybody been watching?
Posted By: granny Re: Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 3:57pm

No. When is it on and which channel, SS ? Are you happy being back in Devon ?
Posted By: lincle Re: Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 5:26pm
Yes its the last episode tonight I think .Its been very good & certainly gives food for thought.Lets hope it never happens again
Posted By: lincle Re: Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 5:28pm
Sorry Granny should have said its on Sky Atlantic 9pm tonight & it is the last .Maybe you can watch on catch up?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 5:39pm
Love being back in Devon thanks Granny - what's not to like. I get back up 2 or 3 times a year - am booked for the RLB360 tour later this month. smile
Posted By: granny Re: Chernobyl - 4th Jun 2019 8:04pm

Thanks lincle..Unfortunately , I don't have Sky Atlantic..

SS... I'm sure it must be food for the soul, being back on home turf. I think , no matter where our paths take us in life, home is always home . Pleased to hear it. smile
Posted By: casper Re: Chernobyl - 19th Jun 2019 10:12am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Anybody been watching?

Yes I started watching the first episode and switched off halfway through, I thought it was going to be boring,then I heard some of the reviews and went back and watched the whole series, yes very good indeed very well done, frightening that this happened and was covered up just to save face, there appears to be no correct record of the deaths directly associated with it at the time but official soviet figures still put them at 31. frown
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Chernobyl - 22nd Jun 2019 12:41pm
I was in W Berlin when it happened. We were 40 miles from the Polish border. On the local news that the pollution was in Poland but it must've stopped at the border because we weren't told anything else. We were then told not to let the kids play in the sandpits on the married quarters area. Went down to SHQ to enquire what was going on as we were in the dark. Told that they didn't want to put out sitreps in case they caused panic. What a humpty hierarchy we've got, still.
Posted By: casper Re: Chernobyl - 22nd Jun 2019 5:51pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I was in W Berlin when it happened. We were 40 miles from the Polish border. On the local news that the pollution was in Poland but it must've stopped at the border because we weren't told anything else. We were then told not to let the kids play in the sandpits on the married quarters area. Went down to SHQ to enquire what was going on as we were in the dark. Told that they didn't want to put out sitreps in case they caused panic. What a humpty hierarchy we've got, still.

Gas,gas,gas oshocked
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Chernobyl - 26th Jun 2019 9:52am
Gas, gas, gas was another one. I took my daughters inhaler with me to the defence training, didn't like the chamber. Time to go in the gas chamber and we suited up. All I did was ask the instructor if he wouldn't mind holding onto the inhaler until I came out. He told me to go and get changed, which I did. He must've misunderstood, I didn't claim to have anything wrong with me, just asked him to keep it in his care.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral