Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Corrie: Les Not To Return - 30th May 2007 4:52pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Coronation Street actor Bruce Jones will not return to the Street when his contract expires in September.

Following meetings between the 54-year-old actor and show executives today, it was announced that Jones - who has played the role of layabout Les Battersby for 10 years - will not be seen on the Cobbles again and a decision is yet to be made about how the character is to be written out.

Initial plans suggest that his 'departure' from the ITV soap could be linked to the exit of his on-screen wife, Cilla, when actress Wendi Peters leaves in September.

Producer Steve Frost said: "Bruce's portrayal of Les Battersby meant that Les quickly became a classic Coronation Street character who will be remembered for many years to come.

"However, after 10 great years, we feel we have reached the end of the road with storylines for Les. We wish Bruce all the best for the future.”

Its actually sad to see him go, he is a great actor and his character was quality, it seemed as though his character had matured a lot as well since Chesney came into it, showing more emtion's etc.

A bad move by Corrie imho, I hope they get someone to replace him.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Corrie: Les Not To Return - 30th May 2007 5:20pm
he the best part of that show lol raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: Corrie: Les Not To Return - 30th May 2007 9:27pm
He was the best ever, remember the christmas turkey he ran over lol

Saying that Steve Mc Donald is becoming a bit of a comedian.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Corrie: Les Not To Return - 30th May 2007 9:55pm
Even though I don't watch it, Les and Steve McDonald are the funny guys to me.

Les Battersby - Leg end!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Corrie: Les Not To Return - 7th Jun 2007 11:27pm
Guttered
:\
© Wirral-Wikiwirral