Forums
Posted By: Raven61 Stabbing in New Brighton - 6th May 2012 11:15am
There has been another domestic stabbing in New Brighton.
A woman has stabbed her husband/partner twice in Duke street.
Police are in attendance & part of road has been taped off.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 6th May 2012 11:33am
Did he survive?.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 6th May 2012 11:41am
It only happened some time around 11 am so no news yet.
Apparently one of the neighbours put pressure on the wound until paramedics arrived but they hadn't realised he'd been stabbed twice. Hope he's alright.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 6th May 2012 11:48am
Sad news, please keep us updated.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 6th May 2012 3:27pm
Any more news on this?
Posted By: Flash02 Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 7th May 2012 10:10am
i dont think it sa domestic stabbing
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 7th May 2012 12:45pm
Originally Posted by Flash02
i dont think it sa domestic stabbing

Well, the Policeman knocking at neighbours door's asking if anyone had seen or heard anything said it was a domestic!
Have heard no more regarding how he is. There is still a police car & ctv van in the street.
Posted By: sausagehead Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 7th May 2012 2:13pm
It wasn't a domestic, the husband and wife have been arrested for the stabbing. Some random guy went in, sounded like there was a fight and the guy came out and called the police before he passed out in the street. I've got more details but I won't say anything else just in case. No idea on how the guy is doing though.
Posted By: jonty Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 8th May 2012 10:39am
The last i heard is the man is not in a good way and that he might not make it. i heard he was spitting blood while he was being given first aid. not a nice thing to happen to anyone
Posted By: kezabean Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 8th May 2012 8:19pm
the turth is a 60 yr old went over as the person had threathened his son and tried speakin to the man. this guy was then head locked and stabbed twice and then the person at door warned others he would use knife again
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 8th May 2012 8:23pm
surrounded by pure muppets.

beginning to become a dump round there.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 6:52am
Two charged after stabbing incident

TWO people have been charged after a stabbing in New Brighton.

Paul Maines, 37, and Claire Maines, also 33, appeared at Wirral Magistrates Court today following the incident in Duke Street on Sunday morning.

The pair, both from Duke Street, were charged with assault and have been released on conditional bail to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on September 4.

The victim was found with stab wounds to his back and was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where his condition is “critical but stable.”

Wirral globe

Attached picture him.jpg
Attached picture her.jpg
Posted By: Tatey Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 8:03am
Oh Dear! Still it can only get better when 'Spoons opens at 0930!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 8:37am
Is that photo a joke or what?. raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 8:46am
facebook
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 5:47pm
Some people are just disgusting, I hope the guy pulls through and makes a recovery. You can't just go round to somebodies doorstep and sort issues out with a chat anymore unless you are prepared for the worst, its saddening.

On another note but trying not to take away from the terrible incident at hand, why did wirral globe say "also 33" when nobody else was mentioned to be 33? Odd.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 5:54pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
facebook

is that his profile pic? ...
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 9th May 2012 5:59pm
yes it is, it seems he runs a shop that sells equipment to grow cannabis with...

his page is very public for a criminal
Posted By: Shambo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 10th May 2012 3:56am
Originally Posted by EvilCycle
yes it is, it seems he runs a shop that sells equipment to grow cannabis with...

To be fair so does B&Q.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 10th May 2012 11:48am
i'm nopt being funny but i hate people jumping to conclusions on this website ! at the end of the day you all know nothing ! that is actually a breed of japanese maple if am not mistaken ? am sure someone like jabber may be able to confirm what it is. and know one on hear knows the full truth of what happens so why label someone a criminal off rumour's ? yes he is the owner of a hydroponics shop but thats not his fault criminal's take advantage of it. alot of legitimate buisnesses rely on these shops too not just criminals. and as for the incident ? paul didn't touch a person ! so people need to get facts right. at the end of the day a man is attack in his OWN home infront of his wife and 5 kids and because his wife reacts and does what she seemed right at the time in her terrified state and they get treated like criminals? i don't care what anyone says but if someone came into my home and attacks anyone in my family they better hope i don't have anythin that could be classified as a 'weapon' in my hand. just thought i'd give my oppinions. because am sick of people using this site to slate people they know F*** all about !
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 11th May 2012 10:51am
Hmmmm, it would appear to me that these people wouldn't be out on conditional bail if they were seen as a risk to others or that they may flit. I think there is more to this story than anyone on here truly knows. No doubt all will out in the end....
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 11th May 2012 12:10pm
or maybe the world a corrupt place and its not what happened its who you know or are related to ? the person who attacked paul is being treated like a victim because he was stabbed. even though he entered pauls house and attacked him! justice ? i think not ! at the end of the day if ur gunna stab someone would you really do it on your doorstep ? would you do it infront of neighbours that know you ? the door INSIDE pauls house is smashed and you can see the struggle has taken place IN pauls house but no photo's have been taken by police ? :S strange ? the 2nd man who was with the person who has been stabbed. was in his car in the street when the road (CRIME SCENE !) was taped off. yet the police lifted the tape for him to drive away ? :S ? isn't he a witness ? the vehicle they drove to pauls in ? isnt that evidence ? YES !!! there is more to this story but until you lot know what has gone on don't start branding people a criminal because criminals take advantage of products they sell just to make a living. but this isnt as everyone has been told. this case is more who you know not what happened.
Posted By: starman Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 11th May 2012 1:25pm
hi rickie robbo,you do write a good story/ just get real,all your comments are not true,hey ricky get real!!!
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 11th May 2012 1:37pm
lol and u are ? haha. people are judging people on rumour's. noone knows the real story so dont judge people. untill the truth comes out
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 12th May 2012 9:37am
Originally Posted by Rickie_Robbo
lol and u are ? haha. people are judging people on rumour's. noone knows the real story so dont judge people. untill the truth comes out

[Linked Image]

It's human nature to judge Ricky smile
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 12th May 2012 2:03pm

Errrrm isn't that the whole point of this area of the MB? Of course none of us know all the facts. Everything is gossip and conjecture until the facts are laid bare by the courts. Subjectively I think the fact that they have been bailed would suggest that the police aren't treating this as a premeditated attack.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 12th May 2012 2:35pm
yes it is human nature to judge but don't judge and name someone a criminal unless you know its true. peoples lives have been ruined being wrongfully arrested and released but people only remember the face/name and the crime they were accused of. you are all labelling paul a criminal without knowing whats gone on just because his line of work can be taken advantage of by criminals? that smearin his name and why? because he was attacked and his wife reacted to it? you not think they have enough stress without people saying he was involved in a stabbing and he owns a shop that has equipment to commit crime then he HAS TO BE a criminal? or just maybe he's a clever buisnessman who saw a gap in the market but is now being labelled because of how some people may use his equipment and because the law is a joke and the other people involved r being treated like victims
Posted By: oneofthree Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 12th May 2012 6:29pm
yes it is human nature to judge but don't judge and name someone a criminal unless you know its true. peoples lives have been ruined being wrongfully arrested and released but people only remember the face/name and the crime they were accused of. you are all labelling paul a criminal without knowing whats gone on just because his line of work can be taken advantage of by criminals? that smearin his name and why? because he was attacked and his wife reacted to it? you not think they have enough stress without people saying he was involved in a stabbing and he owns a shop that has equipment to commit crime then he HAS TO BE a criminal? or just maybe he's a clever buisnessman who saw a gap in the market but is now being labelled because of how some people may use his equipment and because the law is a joke and the other people involved r being treated like victims

Wow mate, chill! I certainly haven't labelled anyone a criminal, if anything I've tried to bring the discussion back down to some form of reality. The police must investigate and they are not the ones to decide whether or not the force used was excessive or not under the particular circumstances of the incident, the CPS will do that.
Posted By: didibydav Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 13th May 2012 3:11am
I thought the saying in this country was

Innocent until Proven guilty!!!

I wonder how many of you even know the people or the facts of the case you have commented about?
I do know the family and some of the facts, but don't know all the facts and because of this I would never make an assumption of a persons guilt or innocence.
Does it not bother you that there are members of both family's that might read what has been put on here and that these people have enough to deal with without reading some of the hurtful comments that have been said.
I hope that you who have prejudged Paul and Clare never find yourself in this situation worse still that people like yourselves have decided you are guilty without knowing all the facts.
e.g the man who was first arrested for the murder of a Joanna Yeates was slandered by a number of newspapers and widely discussed by members of the public ( as you are doing here ), and then after all he went through it was then found he was not guilty but the damage to him and his family had already been done.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 13th May 2012 4:03am
wikinews

wikiopinion

wikiofftopic
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Stabbing in New Brighton - 13th May 2012 6:23am
Originally Posted by didibydav
I thought the saying in this country was

Innocent until Proven guilty!!!

I wonder how many of you even know the people or the facts of the case you have commented about?
I do know the family and some of the facts, but don't know all the facts and because of this I would never make an assumption of a persons guilt or innocence.
Does it not bother you that there are members of both family's that might read what has been put on here and that these people have enough to deal with without reading some of the hurtful comments that have been said.
I hope that you who have prejudged Paul and Clare never find yourself in this situation worse still that people like yourselves have decided you are guilty without knowing all the facts.
e.g the man who was first arrested for the murder of a Joanna Yeates was slandered by a number of newspapers and widely discussed by members of the public ( as you are doing here ), and then after all he went through it was then found he was not guilty but the damage to him and his family had already been done.

exactly my point. but worded more appropriately. lol. sorry was just annoyed because i think paul and clare r lovely people and they don't need to be reading this. and i know its not the police who decide. but the cps aint the ones putting the evidence infront of them are they? i know i don't know all the facts and i aint a copper but lifting the tape for someone involved to drive away? and surely photo's of in pauls doorway would have been important. yet im pretty sure they never got took. so even though coppers don't decide. it sure aint hard to present a 1 sided case.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral