Forums
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 3:23pm
Hello, on the 20th of August I am going to buy a Android Smartphone - hopefully.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on buying a good Android Smartphone for less than £100.

As in, can anyone give ma good make/model, or even where to buy them??

Thanks
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 3:30pm
orange San Francisco. free 2 unlock and good spec for the price.
www.trustedreviews.com/Orange-San-Francisco--ZTE-Blade-_Mobile-Phone_review

pop in a giffgaff sim and your sorted
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 3:33pm
Preferably without having to sign up to a contract smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 3:36pm
the orange San Fran is best phone in 100 quid area

Samsung europa 49.99 at carphone warehouse

Samsung galaxy Apollo 79.99 at carphone warehouse
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 3:41pm
it would be advisable to have a pay as you go sim with a good data usage. androids have a lot of background data usage like Facebook updates,email and some apps are quite large 2 download or u can turn of the 3g and use wifi
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 4:03pm
Yes I know that, I have a good usage data pay-as-you-go in preparation laugh just need the phone now.

I was thinkin of the Samsung Galaxy Apollo...wasn't sure about it...just need ideas smile

thank you for the help though smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 4:07pm
screen is poor in the cheap Samsungs
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 4:08pm
oh ok, maybe I'll do a little more shopping around before I settle on a decision...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 4:15pm
Go for Windows Phone tease

No seriously, the SE X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro (has a keyboard) are available from Argos and other places for around the £100 mark... if I were going for one at that price range, I'd go for one of them.

Not sure if HTC still make the SE Xperia's (they used to), but the Wildfire can be picked up for around the £100 mark nowadays, and they have a fab reputation (generally), and HTC are top-dogs when it comes to all things Android/Windows.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 4:16pm
I'm about to buy an Xperia X8 from the classifieds on here but if you want it, go ahead?

I'm only buying it to have a play with it, and £50 seems good value.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 5:28pm
Originally Posted by beer_money

Without a doubt the best cheap android going. We bought one each a while ago, unlocked them and installed a better version of android with help from Modaco forum http://android.modaco.com/

Let me know if you need any more advice we have had ours since they came out and they have been great.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 5:34pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

Without a doubt the best cheap android going. We bought one each a while ago, unlocked them and installed a better version of android with help from Modaco forum http://android.modaco.com/

Let me know if you need any more advice we have had ours since they came out and they have been great.
what rom u running? I'm on blue Ginger best 1 out of the 6 I've tried
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 7:40pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

what rom u running? I'm on blue Ginger best 1 out of the 6 I've tried

Japanese Jellyfish and Swedish Spring at the moment, I didn't bother changing as my battery life was better.
Posted By: Mally Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 4th Aug 2011 9:55pm
I agree, the orange San Francisco is by a mile the best new smart phone you can get for the money, I too have owned one and it was exellent, took 10 seconds to unlock it online for free, then stick a descent rom in it and your away. party
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 5th Aug 2011 6:58am
The New Orange Monte Carlo looks a bit nice though, might be time to trade up.
I have the San Fran and think its a great phone, on giff gaff for £10 a month (not a contract you can cancel whenever you want), you get unlimited texts and internet and 250 minutes.

Posted By: Barham1989 Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 11th Aug 2011 10:35am
HTC Wildfire think there 130, Fantastic phone
Posted By: Etymon Re: Wanted advice: an Android Smartphone! - 11th Aug 2011 10:42am
I have a HTC Wildfire; it is a really good phone. The only thing I would warn you about is that it has flash lite, not the full flash player, so you will not be able to watch all videos (any that require the full flash player). In some cases awkward videos can still be viewed using an app called JetVD.

You can still waych quite a lot of streaming video but if video is especially important then bear that in mind.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral