Forums
Posted By: Wheels How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 4:27pm
I need some info on this please i have a few pictures that i took yesterday and the object is not dead centre, I would like to cut them out of the main picture in such a way that it looks like the object was the only thing caught in the frame.

p.s I dont have photoshop frown
Posted By: Mark Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 4:33pm
Its not going to be easy to explain as each bit of software will be different.

You could do with photo shop you know
The way you play with images.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 5:14pm
Most people would recommend photoshop for doing any image editing, but as you don't have it, I use a small program which is easy to use called Paint.NET (Current version 3.10 - click to download)

I've only just noticed that 3.10 is out, I've been using 3.01

Good little program anyway. It has lots of features for photo editing

To crop, use the selection tool on the top left of the toolbar on the left and highlight the area you want then click Image > Crop to Selection from the menu bar at the top
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 6:49pm
Another highly recommended free program (as used by a LOT of professionals, instead of Photoshop in a lot of cases), is The GIMP.

What programs do you have, and I will either write up some advice on how to do it, or find summit on the net for ye.

I have CS3 on a server if you want it btw.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 7:17pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Another highly recommended free program (as used by a LOT of professionals, instead of Photoshop in a lot of cases), is The GIMP.

What programs do you have, and I will either write up some advice on how to do it, or find summit on the net for ye.

I have CS3 on a server if you want it btw.

smile

Could i have that off you please matt as i lost mine on reinstallation of windows the other day? frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 7:23pm
You have mail.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 7:30pm
Thankyou thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How to crop an image?. - 23rd Sep 2007 7:31pm
No problemo, for those who want it, I cant post the details on the forums I am afraid, as its on a private and secured directory on one of my servers and I dont want to make it public for obvious reasons.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral