Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Register. - 29th Aug 2007 11:56am
Over the weekend, thousands of Microsoft customers who tried to download patches or updates for Windows were falsely accused of running a pirated version of Windows.

Microsoft blamed the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) glitch on server problems, since fixed. WGA is an anti-piracy program which determines the validity of Windows software running on customer PCs - and phone backs to Redmond with the results.

Between Friday and Saturday, Windows users who tried to update their system were greeted by WGA declaring them liars and cheats.

Microsoft is investigating the cause of the error.

Despite the internet uproar over the weekend, according to Microsoft's WGA blog, fewer than 12,000 systems were affected worldwide. Microsoft denies reports that the error caused some computers to gut itself of features such as DirectX.

raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl

My updates went fine wink

Do they still have the WGA for Vista too ?
Thumbs up if you think windows is great

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: Mark Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 12:02pm
happy You can have 1 cos it does what i want it to do tease

So does vista also have the WGA also ?
Seeing that i'm on xp i just don't know??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 12:20pm
So does vista also have the WGA also ?

Am told that it does.....Plus a lot more snooping software aswell

Big brother "is" watching your every move....

Posted By: Mark Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 1:01pm
Thought as much hence in no hurry to upgrade lol

2020 still on XP pmsl
Posted By: Pomp Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 1:02pm
Omfg more snooper software!
Posted By: Mark Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 1:04pm
you must have known that pomp ??

Ive heard but yet to be shown, that after 6 weeks illegal software begins to shut its self down?

Office and such... But that was only a roumor when Vista was launched. So i'm still awaiting evidence so to speak.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Yet more windoze issues.....Found in The Regis - 29th Aug 2007 1:21pm
Nope, I dont no anythin about Vista lol except what it looks like frown and lots of
people sayin its crap, also lots of software/hardware are uncompactible
with it.

Windows Xp did that, last time i installed a xp version i downloaded ages ago i didnt have an activation code. When this activation code expired it wouldn't let me onto windows except the logon screen.

Am using a full legel xp version now and my updates are fine aswel. If i do get this fake Illegal alert I've got this WGA remover so if any one wants it pm me. (note: after every update WGA will return frown )
With my copy of XP it happened but it always happens so i use windizupdate.com instead LMAO laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral