Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 15th Jun 2007 2:47pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Sir Howard Stringer has told the Financial Times he is aware that consumers would like the cost of the PS3 to be lower, stating the firm is working to "refine" the price of the console by Christmas.

The Sony boss said: "I think that the public would like the cost to be lower, there’s no question about that."

When asked how much Sony could cut the cost of the PS3 by, the CEO said: "That’s what we’re studying at the moment; that’s what we’re trying to refine."

He also stated that current PS3 owners are happy with the machine, but said games have a long way to go until they fully exploit the system. He said: "It takes a long time for producers, and more time because of the cost factor, to embrace the full bandwidth of PlayStation 3.

I think this is basically in desperation to get more units into homes - The Nintendo Wii is pulling away from the PS3 having sold almost 8 million units compared to Sonys PS3 having sold around 3.6 million.

The biggest sign on how unpopular the PS3 has been is the fact that shops are in general over-stocked on them, whereas the Wii has been extremely hard to get ahold of without having had a pre-order. Some shops are only just being able to deliver pre-orders that were made just after New Year now.

The Xbox is also fast losing ground, since Christmas, it has sold barely 1.5 million units, and with only 11.5 million sold in coming up to two years on sale, the Wii with 8 million is hot on its heals.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 15th Jun 2007 6:22pm
If they reduce the price there going to pee off there existing customers.

Maybe they will removed something from it?
Like the Brand and then sell it at a normal price lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 15th Jun 2007 6:38pm
the reason why the ps3 is overstocked is due to the sheer numbers of them sony bought into the uk. true it hasn't sold like hot cakes, but number don't mean everything. the ps has had a few returns, due to faulty or over-used machines, but not near as many as xbox has. regardless of the price i still want one. when the prices come down i will get one, so will many others i know. its great to hear that it has been used to its full potential yet, but this is true of most consoles on release in their first few years.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 16th Jun 2007 5:44pm
to buy a ps3 is to place your money in a active volcano, buy an xbox - far superior !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 16th Jun 2007 7:14pm
Lmao Andy, true statement!

grin
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 16th Jun 2007 10:46pm
oops forgot to sign in, xbox = microsoft = crap. well to be honest there are a few good games on it, but you'll never take the playstation from me!

whats that you need an extra cooler on your xbox incase it overheats?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sony Looks Set To Lower PS3 Price - 17th Jun 2007 3:28am
Originally Posted by steveobennet
microsoft = crap.

lol... okay, sure they are.

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral