Forums
Posted By: DodgyDave Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 16th Oct 2010 9:31pm
Has anyone got any information on the old building that was on the bottom of townfield's field? It was a pub or a restaurant at some point (so we were told when we were kids).

We use to play in there when we were younger and it had a fridge etc, since it has been knocked down and is part of the new housing estate.

We were told when we were young it closed because someone was found dead or something but i soubt that was 100% true, but as kids you believe anything ha ha.

Any information or photos etc would be great thanks.
Posted By: nodding2 Re: Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 16th Oct 2010 10:41pm
yeah i think it was called the cabin....but not sure on a dead body being found..
Posted By: oxtonmac Re: Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 29th Dec 2011 2:53am
yes it was called the cabin club ,just a night club , it used to be part of the old rugby club , i remember there was part of the old spectators stand that used to be close to the bottom of the field by the fender , all i know about it closing down was one night i was working (taxi driver ) there was roumers that a girl was raped , the following day police and council officers came to our taxi office checking records of the passengers we collected from the cabin that night .
I never heard much more of this but not long after it closed its doors.
the path is still there but has since overgrown and the entrance has a large concrete block in the way
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 29th Dec 2011 4:26pm
The Cabin Club was a typical 70's nightclub complete with revolving glass mirror ball in he ceiling and different-coloured flashing light squares on the dance floor. It was straight out of "Saturday Night Fever"!! It was built on he site of the Old Birkonians Rugby Ground. It was a great venue which stayed open til early am. There was a joke amongst the young studs that if you couldn't get your end away in the Cabin-you didn't have a dick!! Anyway, it was a very popular venue and I think it just went bust. I know here was a fire there at some stage. I used to go there occasionally but one girl upset me once when she approached me and said, "Is that your nose-or are you eating a pastie!" I never went back again. (cheeky cow!!) :-)
Posted By: oxtonmac Re: Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 29th Dec 2011 8:24pm
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
The Cabin Club was a typical 70's nightclub complete with revolving glass mirror ball in he ceiling and different-coloured flashing light squares on the dance floor. It was straight out of "Saturday Night Fever"!! It was built on he site of the Old Birkonians Rugby Ground. It was a great venue which stayed open til early am. There was a joke amongst the young studs that if you couldn't get your end away in the Cabin-you didn't have a dick!! Anyway, it was a very popular venue and I think it just went bust. I know here was a fire there at some stage. I used to go there occasionally but one girl upset me once when she approached me and said, "Is that your nose-or are you eating a pastie!" I never went back again. (cheeky cow!!) :-)

lol.. thats the dance floor i remember but wasn't it taken from the original cabin club by the old market . i remember going up a steep stiarcase to get to the club and the first time i saw it I thought it was well cool
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Townfield Field Pub/Barn - 30th Dec 2011 12:58am
Yeah!! You used to pay your entrance fee at the top of the stairs!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral