Forums
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 3:46pm
Havnt been here for a long time! I used to be here under the profile name x_plore. I can’t get access back to that account so have set up this one.

I’ve recently started getting back into detecting and will be sharing my finds again as often as I get out. I’ve purchased a Garrett 400i which I’m hoping will be as good as the reviews!

[Linked Image]

Anyway as I’ve said I’ll update you with finds from my outings! I’m going on a rally in Chester in a couple of weeks so hoping to get some decent finds to show you all from that!

Look forward to hearing from you all again!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 3:50pm
Welcome back, you have been very much missed.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 3:52pm
Haha thanks DD I’ve missed getting involved!
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 4:16pm
Yay you're back, long time no hear...I've really missed hearing about and seeing your finds xplore can we call you that now or will we have to call you Detect? Although I've given it all up now still find it fascinating so really will look forward to your posts. Good luck on your Chester Dig, go find that treasure....
Posted By: snowhite Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 4:22pm
Welcome back, you were missed on here.

Looking forward to seeing your finds thumbsup

Do you still go out on urban explores?
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 5:01pm
Hey cools! I know it’s been a while!! You can call me what you like lol how come you’ve given up? Hope your ok

Hey snowy! Yes I still do some urbex but not a lot. Was at a farmhouse in Chester on Sunday, you probably know about that one already though lol hope your well
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 6:12pm
welcome back x plore hopefully you will soon be finding stuff like my finds from friday lol
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 6:14pm
Couldn't carry on , the old back started to complain at my frenzied digs trying to find something ,ha. Didn't lose out though sold the the detector, probe and few other accessories for a good price on eBay to someone down south. Hope the weather improves for you so you can get out there mate.
I wish more detectorists would use this forumn there must be quite a few around, never mind I'm expecting great things from you Explore...
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 4th Apr 2018 10:19pm
Haha yes Jeff that was a well good coin you got on Friday! Get a picture up!

Aww no way cools that’s a shame. But your health comes first. I’m glad you got some money back from it all. There are a few on here I think, but most use the Facebook groups now. As soon as I start getting out properly I’ll do updates on here again with my finds
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 8:18am
Yes come on Jeff and anyone else on here who do metal detecting , please put your finds up, I and many others would love to see what you have found. Not everybody on face book , im not. Let's see that coin you found Jeff pleeeeeeeese......
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 10:11am
Had these two yesterday. Best finds out of all that I got. A paupers ring and an 1887 Indian head penny from the states

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 3:36pm
These are Jeffs finds including his big silver!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 3:37pm
Very good finds . Are you pleased with your new detector?
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 4:33pm
Yes I like it. I can’t wait to get on this dig in Chester though. It will really put it to the test, and I’ll be beating Jeff with the finds hahaha
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 4:43pm
Jeffs been busy ,really good stuff there. Really hope you do well in Chester, must be loads of stuff to bring up...Did you read some of the posts on here about magnet fishing Explore? Where you trawl the rivers and canals with a magnet. Looked quite interesting would you ever consider doing that?Thanks for putting pics up.
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 5:09pm
haha we can both put our finds up from the chester rally and cools can judge whose are the best
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 5:30pm
Whoo fighting talk that, lol... keeping with the theme " Let the Tournament begin"....Look forward to it, ha.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 7:35pm
Yes I’ve had a little go at that magnet fishing, wasn’t for me though. I prefer metal detecting and bottle digging.

Haha yes Jeff sounds like a plan!
Posted By: venice Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 8:53pm
Like the filigree brooch. Whats that stripey looking thing top right? Looks a bit like the handle of an old metal letter opener we used to have.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 5th Apr 2018 11:45pm
It’s a lighter Venice with a nice design on it
Posted By: venice Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 9:09am
Nice that, but I pointed to the wrong thing, I meant the striped thing centre top?
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 9:38am
Ahh right ok, not a clue I’m afraid. Maybe when Jeff sees this he will know
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 11:59am
Are you looking at the blue striped thing that's a BBC radio circle badge the bronze thing with lines very top is a part of a dart and underneath is a piece of world war 2 shrapnel
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 2:20pm
I have a Sovereign GT and garret pin pointer I have not been out for over a year. 95% of this came from two fields that had already been done to death. They say the plough will bring things up and replenish a field several times over.Great hobby if you can get a few permissions.

Attached picture IMG_4841.jpg
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 2:49pm
Wow great haul there dusty! Yes your right the plough will turn a field over and make it near fresh again for hunting. I’ve been to a few fields that had been done to death and still brought up some good finds, so it’s always worth going over them again as you won’t of found everything! Thanks for sharing your finds mate
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 2:54pm
I like to look through the bits I bring home now and again. I find it incredible how much is in the ground.

Attached picture IMG_4854.JPG
Posted By: cools Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 3:29pm
You've done well Dusty, looks like some really interesting finds there. Thanks for showing us I really love to see what kind of stuff people find . I never found much at all but still find the subject fascinating.
Posted By: Detecting_wirral Re: Back with a different name! - 6th Apr 2018 10:21pm
Me and too dusty! I love going through my old finds, especially the coins! Love my old coins
© Wirral-Wikiwirral