Forums
Posted By: venice I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 1:22pm
I forsee us being able to go to holiday booths to experience holidays. You stick a programmed hat on , and it transports you just like the hologram deck in Startrek , to the place of your choice. You can actually experience being in the aircraft, the warm or cold of the environment , talk to the people, eat the food , dance with the locals , binge drink without the hangover, ALL in your head, but with it providing physical feelings at the time.
Great for all those who cant travel for whatever reason, great for heritage sites which can be seen and trodden on with no damage.
Yep, Im up for it . grin
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 6:07pm
raftl Better than being on here then Venice thumbsup
Posted By: bobypam Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 6:55pm
I like that idea granny. Only I would like to go back in time meet up with some famous people,good and bad. maybe it will be that you pick your fantasy.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 6:56pm
Originally Posted by venice
I forsee us being able to go to holiday booths to experience holidays. You stick a programmed hat on , and it transports you just like the hologram deck in Startrek , to the place of your choice. You can actually experience being in the aircraft, the warm or cold of the environment , talk to the people, eat the food , dance with the locals , binge drink without the hangover, ALL in your head, but with it providing physical feelings at the time.
Great for all those who cant travel for whatever reason, great for heritage sites which can be seen and trodden on with no damage.
Yep, Im up for it . grin

I can get that now in my dreams with 8 pints and a doner kebab, though I still get the hangover. I`m working on that, maybe 9 pints ??
Posted By: davew3 Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 7:14pm
Thought most of the museums and heritage sites had already gone over to look but don't touch with everything in glass open fronted boxes and signs on everything too big to put in boxes saying please do not touch, Imperial War Museum is particularly good at that with do not touch signs on the T34 they have there,the idea of being able to visit these sites on the internet I think is great and being able to go around them in cyberspace well I won't complain, some dreams do become real, maybe yours will succeed and we all become holograms.
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 9:09pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Yep, Im up for it . grin

I can get that now in my dreams with 8 pints and a doner kebab, though I still get the hangover. I`m working on that, maybe 9 pints ??

Ha! Ha! Ha! ---but I bet your dreams wouldnt feel as 'real' as one of my hola-hats !! Dont you ever find with dreams , that you wake up just when you're about to experience a REALLY good bit ?
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 9:19pm
Originally Posted by davew3
Thought most of the museums and heritage sites had already gone over to look but don't touch with everything in glass open fronted boxes and signs on everything too big to put in boxes saying please do not touch, Imperial War Museum is particularly good at that with do not touch signs on the T34 they have there,the idea of being able to visit these sites on the internet I think is great and being able to go around them in cyberspace well I won't complain, some dreams do become real, maybe yours will succeed and we all become holograms.

yeah, wouldnt it be fabulous to be touchy feely with all those things you see in museums and castles etc , and everybody could have a clamber up the sides of the Pyramids , feel the petals at the Chelsea flower show , do bike scrambling over fragile scree faces in protected areas -- Oh , there'd be no limits - and more important, no damage!

I reckon the hologram deck is not that far off you know! Wont become holograms ourselves, it will be all happening in our minds.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: I forsee..... - 11th Jun 2014 10:21pm
Originally Posted by davew3

yeah, wouldnt it be fabulous to be touchy feely with all those things you see in museums and castles etc , and everybody could have a clamber up the sides of the Pyramids , feel the petals at the Chelsea flower show , do bike scrambling over fragile scree faces in protected areas -- Oh , there'd be no limits - and more important, no damage!

I reckon the hologram deck is not that far off you know! Wont become holograms ourselves, it will be all happening in our minds.
[/quote] Off-topic but my fella is really into his music and is an excellent singer- I hope that by the time 'his time' comes he can sing his own funeral choices as a Hologram.
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 9:49am
Wow that would be so cool wouldnt it Rude!!! Freak a lot of people out too - I can see it now all the older generation who havent been kept aware of technology, dropping like flies when he appears grin
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 11:20am
Venice, are you about to become the next J.K. Rowling ? Your imagination is in full flow .
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 12:00pm
Love the thread venice, I hope to see a day when we have machines and Robots doing all are work so we can live a life of riley and big lump of bacon that just keeps growing in the fridge so no animals hurt.
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:13pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Love the thread venice, I hope to see a day when we have machines and Robots doing all are work so we can live a life of riley and big lump of bacon that just keeps growing in the fridge so no animals hurt.

Nice one vanman , I too would like food to not come from animals. I think a lump of bacon in the fridge , evergrowing , might be a bit disturbing though. doh Maybe we could just have a microwave type of box and you speak what food you want and how its cooked , and bingo there it is instantly ,when you open the door!

Re the cleaning . I dont want robots, their fingers are too thick to get into the corners for cleaning lol. I want half a dozen clones of me who would automatically know exactly what needed doing , and keep on top of it , in precisely the way Id want it done!! ( not a control freak or anything, but... ha! you know what its like when someone kindly does a job for you , but you SO wish they had done it differently )!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:16pm
What will we do about babies Venice, would we have to wear a holo hat ?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:18pm
I can help there...
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:20pm
A lot of recycled teenagers too.....all wearing their hats
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:25pm
Originally Posted by granny
What will we do about babies Venice, would we have to wear a holo hat ?

We just fast forward that part granny until they grow up and bugger off!!
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:27pm
Wouldnt it be nice if you could sit at your pc with a scale picture of a room in your house, or the outside or something , and anything you altered on that picture digitally , would automatically be copied in reality to the actual property. You could decorate the outside yoursef without falling off a ladder, you could change the decor in your lounge or whatever at will , move plugs to the other side of the room ..

You could even get even ladies when the OH is sitting glued for the fourth hour to horse racing, footie or the golf . Insert him in front of the pc TV and then move him down the garden or leave him at the nearest shops etc ! Gordon Bennet, Im loving this idea !
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:42pm
Oh, I missed seeing the baby posts! Lets see . I reckon we just have them produced in the same way as the food! Eliminate all the painful parts of carrying and giving birth. Stick with the fun bits --
you see if we had a hola hat , we could program ourselves to be the best most perfect looking creatures ever with no inhibitions , so you wouldnt have to worry about saggy bits or anything, and we could also program a partner of our choice , George Cluney, Zippy, David Beckham or whoever takes your fancy (hubby will not find out)
and then have the most perfect touch feely experience limited only by your own imagination ---and it would all feel absolutely real ! No spending 2hrs getting ready and looking for just the right atttire, no unwanted pregnancies , no STD's , no jealousy ,no guilt --sounds pretty good to me !

Would solve the worlds overpopulation problem too! Just dial up the quota of male or female sprogs as required . Easy Peasy.Then you get the clones to look after them , so as the clones are in effect you, you get all the pleasure of them , but you yourself will be free to go off and enjoy other things in life as often as you want. If you have six clones, you could have one for the kids, one for domestic chores and the other four all wearing hola hats youve programmed for your pleasures .

Next question.
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:42pm
Looks as if we could end up with feet attached to our bums.

How about computer controlled shoes. Press the button and send them anywhere you like. Over the hill and far away.
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:44pm
The stork will be unemployed.Have you got no compassion ?
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:49pm
We need to make sure they have sat nav though Granny . But int elligent sat nav. Intelligent enough to know where the best views are, the best hola icecream etc !--and when the NEXT sales start.

Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:53pm
I prefer butter anyway!

Ill get the stork his own hola hat and he can imagine himself as a Golden Eagle , Buzzard or whatever he wants. Im not selfish.
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:57pm
I prefer butter anyway!

Ill get the stork his own hola hat and he can imagine himself as a Golden Eagle , Buzzard or whatever he wants. Im not selfish.

raftl raftl
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:58pm
Well seeing as how my hola hat machine hasnt been invented yet, Im going to have to go to Aldi myself . I need to buy a calorific treat as this thread has made my life seem very underwhelming and lacking !!
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 3:59pm
Venice, can we have a Holo Hat design competition ?
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 4:00pm
Well seeing as how my hola hat machine hasnt been invented yet, Im going to have to go to Aldi myself . I need to buy a calorific treat as this thread has made my life seem very underwhelming and lacking !!

You are going become a chocoholoc
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 5:28pm
Oh my Lord , Ive just weaned myself off sugar to save ageing any faster than I am already, and its just dawned on me that as soon as its possible to dial up an instant choc bar , youre absolutely right, I will be lost and fall into total holochoc hell !

No!!!!!!!!!! WAIT I forgot! I will just press the button for the fancied bar, and my mind will be transported to where I eat it and savour it in choc heaven ---so I wont ACTUALLY need to eat it, so I wont ACTUALLY be doing anything thats bad for me . Yeeeees! Bring it on!!! Mines a 'Picnic' followed by a flake, and then 12 Ferrero Roche's . And I wont even feel sick because Ill set the program to make sure I dont !!!!
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 5:31pm
Feel free anyone who wants to design a holohat . Im not very artistic like that. Looking forward to some good ideas , except how to you get drawings to the post?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 5:36pm
Ive just packed in the cigs I start up again without doing any damage at all, I could even go back on the glue sniffin without getting covered in the stuff OMG I could go on all day ...

To do list
1)prototype holo hat
2)other stuff
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 6:16pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Ive just packed in the cigs I start up again without doing any damage at all, I could even go back on the glue sniffin without getting covered in the stuff OMG I could go on all day ...

To do list
1)prototype holo hat
2)other stuff

laffin

Yes you seem to have prioritized correctly .
Posted By: fillbo Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 9:29pm
Holo_Hat

Attached picture H-Hat.png
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 12th Jun 2014 9:35pm
Brilliant Filbo !
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 13th Jun 2014 12:30pm
raftl

Love your Holo_Hat fillbo, how amazing ! Does it come in different colours or can we tune it to our own 'colour of the day' and co-ordinated colours ?
Posted By: fillbo Re: I forsee..... - 13th Jun 2014 7:55pm
Here you go granny,take your pick
choice of colours

Posted By: fillbo Re: I forsee..... - 13th Jun 2014 8:00pm
Brilliant Filbo !

thanks venice,they will be on sale on E-bay shortly laugh
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 14th Jun 2014 9:05pm
Originally Posted by fillbo
choice of colours

Lovely variety and spoilt for choice. Maybe the green would act as camouflage in the holo jungle. happy
Posted By: snowhite Re: I forsee..... - 15th Jun 2014 9:41am
choice of colours

Love the gold ,silver and bronze.
Brillant thread Venice. :)x
Posted By: granny Re: I forsee..... - 16th Jun 2014 9:47am
Originally Posted by snowhite
choice of colours

Love the gold ,silver and bronze.
Brillant thread Venice. :)x

Snowhite, the gold one initially jumped out at me, but gold is very 90's, don't you think ? Eco friendly colours send a message to all wearers of 'holo-hats'.
Posted By: venice Re: I forsee..... - 24th Jun 2014 7:56pm
WOW ! Thought this thread was a bit far fetched, but Im just watching the Gadget Show , and the presenter is wearing a special hat which attaches her to a robot which has been programmed to fee, see, hear, and move . The robot is the other side of the room to her. She (presenter) only sees what the robot sees, hears etc . She looks down and she sees her hands are robot hands . The scientist whispers in the robots ear and the presenter hears him. Its just amazing technology.She 'becomes' in effect the robot. Not long now before you pack off your robot to the local dance, art gallery , holiday destination , while you relax at home -- and experience everything he sees and does.

Im thinking of the possibilities for the old and disabled who would once again be able to enjoy life to the full.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral