Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Insurance Scam AKA Why I Have A Dashcam - 21st Jul 2017 2:29pm
This is exactly the type of reason why I have a dashcam. Notice the "independent" witness as well.

Posted By: Mark Re: Insurance Scam AKA Why I Have A Dashcam - 23rd Jul 2017 7:50am
That is a good enough reason for me to get one.

The dive onto the bonnet was an Oscar performance, its a shame the lady let it out the bag so quickly that she had a dash cam, as then they would have had there details.

Makes me angry also the price of car insurance nower days.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Insurance Scam AKA Why I Have A Dashcam - 23rd Jul 2017 12:27pm
If genuine and not just internet click bait the dash cam should have picked up the reg plate of the scooter which would need to be legit and registered for the scam to progress so I hope the toe rags got their just desserts as well as the bruising.
Wish id had a dash cam in Crosby the other day as car in front couldn't bother waiting for some lights to change and mounted the pavement drove along it only about 5m just to get into petrol station.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Insurance Scam AKA Why I Have A Dashcam - 24th Jul 2017 8:53am
Sorry but if that had been me, i would have driven over the scumbag after he bounced off my bonnet!
Originally Posted by fish5133
If genuine and not just internet click bait the dash cam should have picked up the reg plate of the scooter which would need to be legit and registered for the scam to progress so I hope the toe rags got their just desserts as well as the bruising.
Wish id had a dash cam in Crosby the other day as car in front couldn't bother waiting for some lights to change and mounted the pavement drove along it only about 5m just to get into petrol station.

The scam is that they ask for cash on the spot otherwise they will call the police, "independent" witness appears and starts videoing just at the right time, you feel you are cornered.

Its a game of bluff, some people will fall for it, some won't. Its not a straight forward decision.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral