Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Robin Williams has died - 11th Aug 2014 11:08pm
Robin Williams has died in an "apparent suicide", according to US police.

The full statement is below.
On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.
An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.
Williams' publicist Mara Buxbaum told The Hollywood Reporter: “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
His wife, Susan Schneider, said: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”
Williams, a four-time Oscar nominee, won a supporting actor Oscar for Good Will Hunting. He most recently starred in CBS' comedy The Crazy Ones, which lasted only one season.
He recently checked into rehab in an effort to maintain his sobriety.

Attached picture robin-williams-1-522x293.jpg
Attached picture article_img.jpg
Attached picture download.jpg
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Robin Williams has died - 11th Aug 2014 11:10pm
RIP, what a great actor
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Robin Williams has died - 11th Aug 2014 11:22pm
Such a shame, he will be missed. Loved him in Mork and Mindy.
Posted By: rocks Re: Robin Williams has died - 11th Aug 2014 11:36pm
a funny funny man and when asked the question "who would you like to have dinner with past or present?" he was on my list! frown (still is... now as a past)
Posted By: rover644 Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 12:06am
Nanu-Nanu! R.I.P.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 6:20am
RIP Robin the world has lost a very funny man. Thank you for the laughs you gave us.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 6:29am
alcohol needs to be banned,its an evil drug.

rip robin, surely will be missed by billions.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 6:42am
OMG.... such a loss,,RIP
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 6:48am
So sad. R.I.P. Hillariously funny in many, many films. One I will always associate him with is Popeye, with Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl. Brilliant! He'll be missed.
Posted By: Mark Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 8:34am
Wow shocked !!!
Brilliant Actor, I watched "Patch Adams" just the other day.
Will be missed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 8:35am
read his biography...funny on the outside, but a tormented soul. at peace now.
Posted By: granny Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 8:42am
Some have more of an impact than others. Robin Williams was one who did.
This is such sad news. Rest In Peace
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 8:46am
tragic frown
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Robin Williams has died - 12th Aug 2014 4:31pm
RIP Mr Williams, you Legend cry no
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Robin Williams has died - 13th Aug 2014 10:59am
another whack to the system. been a difficult couple of years in the celeb world for good or bad.Poor soul
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Robin Williams has died - 13th Aug 2014 2:01pm
Shocked!! I`ll miss the fella.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Robin Williams has died - 13th Aug 2014 3:26pm
A wonderful humanitarian and a very funny man. Demons must have taken control of his mind.

R.I.P Robin
Posted By: Caffe Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 12:00pm
So, do u think he was selfish? I personally don't after suffering from mental illness for many years just wondering what people thought.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 2:40pm
Originally Posted by Caffe
So, do u think he was selfish? I personally don't after suffering from mental illness for many years just wondering what people thought.
I do not think he was being selfish.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 2:45pm
Originally Posted by Caffe
He was not in the least selfish.
He will be sadly missed.Great actor.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 10:21pm
yes its selfish.

The person that does it, ends all there troubles there and then, not giving much of a thought to the thoughts, feelings or problems of whom they leave behind.

that person is only thinking of themself....THAT'S SELFISH?????
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 10:27pm
Originally Posted by lollipop
read his biography...funny on the outside, but a tormented soul. at peace now.

Posted By: Caffe Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 10:54pm
[quote=lollipop]yes its selfish.

The person that does it, ends all there troubles there and then, not giving much of a thought to the thoughts, feelings or problems of whom they leave behind.

that person is only thinking of themself....THAT'S SELFISH????? [

I understand what you are saying, but with depression you think every one is better off with out you, i was prepared to leave young children without a mother cos I thought they would be better without me. Was I selfish, probably, but I was ill .
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 11:08pm
Originally Posted by lollipop
yes its selfish.

that person is only thinking of themself....THAT'S SELFISH?????

lollipop oh lolli lolli lollipop.
Do you have an insight into what he was thinking. I think not.
Get with the program lollipop and learn some compassion.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Robin Williams has died - 19th Aug 2014 11:21pm
We all try to deal with depression in various ways. Luckily I`m not that depressed as to end it all, though it does cross my mind. I torment the good people on here, and myself :-) to cheer myself up. I try to take everything as a joke, but some are to serious, but our family love us, so remember that. No matter how bad it seems, yes there are millions worse off than us, we sometimes need time to feel sorry for ourselves. I often do. I then get back to normal and torment Wikiwirral lol.
Never be sad, be bad ;-)
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Robin Williams has died - 20th Aug 2014 9:35am
100% Selfish but at least he had the guts to do it alone and not in public. In front of a train or something. But then again his poor adviser has to live with that image of finding him for the rest of his life. It's bad enough losing someone as it is but to lose someone who has taken there life is alot worse to cope with and his family have to try and deal with it 24/7.
If that's not selfish I don't know what is.
Posted By: granny Re: Robin Williams has died - 20th Aug 2014 10:48am
In my opinion, the only people who are 'selfish' are those who call the mentally sick, 'selfish'.
If anyone thinks that people who take their own life are playing a game and are thinking rationally or even thinking at all at such a moment in time, then those people really need a wake up call. How narrow minded they are.
Yes, to live with the terrible realisation or imagery of finding someone in such a case, must be a dreadful pain and experience to bare, but the person who was mentally imbalanced at the time and found no body could help ,was the one who carried the real pain ,to a point of destruction. How can that be selfish ? It's bloody tragic!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Robin Williams has died - 20th Aug 2014 5:44pm
"when someone only thinks of thereself" I quote again

then its bloody selfish....sorry its pretty cut and dry to me, but we all have our opinions.
Posted By: Caffe Re: Robin Williams has died - 20th Aug 2014 9:49pm
Have to say I agree with granny and to my surprise zipper club , always thought he has just an antagonist which shows how wrong I can be in judging people, I apologise to you.

Oh and lollipop we are not just thinking of ourselves, at that moment we think our loved ones would be better off without us
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Robin Williams has died - 20th Aug 2014 10:00pm
I hear you caffe, perhaps I don't really know enough to comment about it. but my immediate thought is selfish.

lucky ive not been touched with it in myself or any family members. so I will shut up.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Robin Williams has died - 21st Aug 2014 12:55am
interesting opinions you subjects have smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral