Forums
Posted By: Mark Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 27th Jul 2013 1:00pm
The cost of car insurance is falling at a record rate in the UK, according to the insurance arm of the AA.

The average annual comprehensive car insurance quote fell to £594.84 this month, it said, down 9.8% from £659.53 last July - the biggest decrease since the AA insurance index began in 1994.

It said the dip was thanks, in part, to clampdowns on fraud and restrictions on claims management companies.

Source click me
Posted By: lansyp Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 27th Jul 2013 1:27pm
That's why I drive a jag now ,it was cheaper to insure than my Picasso
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 28th Jul 2013 8:40am
When my next renewal notice thuds onto the doormat, it will be interesting to see if the premium has actually gone down and by how much. Methinks the premium will, at best, remain the same. More likely go up again on some pretence or other. In short, extra profits for the insurance companies!

Come the revolution, insurers are up against the wall along with the bankers etc.

Me a cynic ??? yes
I can't remember a single occasion where my renewal has been cheaper than my previous years insurance...

In more recent years though, since I stopped changing my cars so much, I've always found similar insurance to what I was paying the previous year, and beating the renewal.

More than often I've taken this better quote back to my previous insurer and they have matched it - just shows that the renewal price isn't their best, and you should ALWAYS shop around.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 28th Jul 2013 11:05am
I shop around every year for both car and house insurance and the differences are quite amazing. Some clearly don't want me and quote insane prices but the rest vary by hundreds of pounds.My last car renewal letter quoted a big increase on previous years so I went on line and got a much cheaper quote from the same people. I rang to query this and was told the online price included an introductory discount and I should just accept the on line quote which of course I did.Smoke and mirrors does not come into it with insurance companies.
Is it the 20" aluminium or white ?
Originally Posted by newbrightonier
Is it the 20" aluminium or white ?

????????
My last renewal back in april had gone from almost £600 last year to just over £400 with no change of circumstances. It was a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 8th Aug 2013 8:14am
Following the suggestion of always shop around - something I have to admit to not doing, I received my renewal notice yesterday. It was from the Co-oP. Been with them for a while. Last year £150.00p. This year...£150.00p. So WHY no reduction?? (As predicted!!!)

Went to an online comparison site (waiting for my Meerkat toy) and got the same cover, (full comp.) conditions, excess etc. for £97.02p via the Halifax. (Ford Fiasco with 9yrs NCB). Quite a difference!

After my coffee, I'm doing the same with my energy supplier. There is a shower of robbing barstewards out there relying on the likes of me and my apathy! Lesson learned. mad mad mad

Sorry, can't find the "Up yours" emoticon for the Co-oP !
I heard a while back that the cost of car insurance was set to possibly drop for blokes, due to recent legislation prohibiting gender discrimination by car insurance companies.

Are the price drops due to this perhaps?
Have any ladies out there noticed a drop in car insurance premiums too??
Just wonderin'...

Tess x.
OK before the forum pedants pounce on me, I meant to say 'are the price drops due partly to this perhaps?'
smile

Originally Posted by Tess65
I heard a while back that the cost of car insurance was set to possibly drop for blokes, due to recent legislation prohibiting gender discrimination by car insurance companies.

Are the price drops due to this perhaps?
Have any ladies out there noticed a drop in car insurance premiums too??
Just wonderin'...

Tess x.
Posted By: buddy Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 10th Aug 2013 3:10pm
Received my car insurance renewal today £345, last year £322.

Phoned them up for an explanation and they weren't interested nor were they prepared to negotiate, so I went on their site, tapped in my details and quote came up at £245!!!

Naturally I phoned them up and they agreed to the renewal premium of £245 - good result but I'm perplexed!
Posted By: missj Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 10th Aug 2013 6:30pm
I called my insurers for a renewal quote as its due this month, I'd been paying £940 P/A as I'd had 9 points on my licence (yeah I know!) So, 5 years have elapsed since the points went on so I was looking forward to a fair reduction in monthly payments. Snotty girl on the phone quoted me £930! I queried why just a reduction of £1 a month when I now held a clean licence and 3 years no claims with their company - she told me, well - it doesn't really affect your quote after the 4 years. I asked if I was unfortunate enough to get 9 points on my licence it might increase by just a tenner then? She said thats the best you're going to get anywhere. I told her cheers but I'll shop around. Sheila's Wheels offer all the same benefits for £245 P/A so that's who I'll be going with from now on! Admittedly my choices of insurer were limited when I had the points and I've paid the price for it, but I'd have expected a bit more of a reduction than a tenner!
Posted By: shar215 Re: Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate' - 10th Aug 2013 11:47pm
hi missj sorry to say .6 to 7 years will see you clear .9 points is not good what the hell have you been doing?
No, they went up to match male prices. I did shop around and RAC was the best but only because it was an offer to a new customer. I hate having to shop around by phone or on line because it can take quite a few hours, it should be made more simple as the dvla have all our records, mot etc. What I thought was strange I had to give them proof of 9 years of no claims from my previous insurers and I had to send them a copy of my last renewal quote. That reminds me, I still have not had the paperwork but it is confirmed on line that I am insured. Do I trust them! Also, when you search comparison sites, just be aware that us that know not a lot about insurance and cover, speak to a human then hopefully you have the correct insurance for your needs. Because on line we humans might have missed a vital component!
They still quote cheaper on compare sites than when you're a loyal customer. Once you tell them , they reduce.
Notice how all our excess has crept thorough from average £200 years ago to 350. Did u all spot that ?
Basically there's a set of parasites in modern life ==insurance , lawyers, banks , mps , your government , energy suppliers etc. funnily enough they all deal with each other in some way ..... If any costs go down its amazing !! But it's a rarity and it won't be in your interest.
As good ol George carlin said years ago " it's one big club,, and you ain't it !! "
And you ain't in it ". I meant

Watch his video " American dream " he did it ten years ago , yet it's so relevant to the uk right now !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral