Forums
Posted By: Anonymous UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 5:16pm
UK unemployment was 1.92 million between September and November, up 131,000 from the previous three months, the highest level since September 1997.

That does not include the tens of thousands of jobs cut since November.

The number of people claiming jobseeker's allowance increased 77,900 to 1.16 million in December, according to the Office for National Statistics.

"Every job loss, every redundancy, is a matter of regret and sadness for us all," said Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

"We may not be able to help people keep their existing job, but we will help people get into a new job," he added, during Prime Minister's Questions.

Leader of the Opposition David Cameron said, "It is clear that the British economy faces dark days indeed."

He added that there was "no real confidence that government policies are working".

THE BBC
Posted By: Mark Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 8:16pm
Who is safe?
Were seeing the Big Companies go under,
and small companies struggling too.

I'm not feeling too safe at my place, there are worrying times
ahead and i imaging the job centers being a joke.

Rude and inconsiderate to the fact the Bankers got it wrong.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 8:21pm
hmmm, jjb are struggling too so i heard think

This country is becoming poor and its scary frown
Posted By: SoundLad Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 9:44pm
This country is fooked.. Look how many companys have gone under. All i can say to people if you are employed and getting a wage stay put there is no point in getting or applying for another job cause a friend of mine got a job in sainsburys and she got made redundent cause sainsburys are cutting jobs not in the HEAD OFFICE as they said there cutting jobs all over the country it is scary.. Labour = the cause Spending our harned earch cash (tax payer) on bank bail outs are they NUTS!!!!!!??????
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 9:46pm
They have it all wrong, but hey! They don`t care, as long as their jobs are safe eh?

mad
Posted By: SoundLad Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 21st Jan 2009 9:47pm
withthat
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: UK unemployment hits 1.92 million - 22nd Jan 2009 2:31pm
The same andd similar was said about T******r and her mob. The frightening thing THIS time round, is that you have NO other choice.

The Tories are about as effectual as the Liberals were when T******r lost to "Ooooohhhh Please do THAT to me again George" Blair, and the Liberals today.... WHO?

Cameron will do NOTHING to remove all the "P.S" B.S you have been landed with, he will NOT back track on spending cuts, service cuts, etc etc, he has already said that.

You HAVE scrapped the bottom of the barrel, and it was rotten. What do you do now?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral