Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 1:38pm
A man walked past an 81-year-old pensioner who asked him for help as she lay injured on the pavement after she was mugged, police have revealed.

Police want to trace the man as part of their probe into the murder of Molly Morgan, who was attacked in Harrow, north-west London, on Thursday evening.

Detectives believe she was left on the pavement for about 10 minutes before somebody came to her aid.

She died in hospital hours later from a subdural haematoma.

"Whilst at hospital, Mrs Morgan told police that a man walked right past her and didn't stop, even when she asked for help," said Det Ch Insp Jessica Wadsworth.

She added: "It is our belief that this man, and other people in the area who didn't assist the victim, may tragically not have realised that Mrs Morgan had been attacked and was in considerable pain.

"We know from some witnesses that they had assumed she was merely a drunk on the street."

Mrs Morgan was targeted on her way to an educational association meeting at about 2000 GMT.

She fell when the suspect grabbed her handbag, which contained an umbrella and extension lead but no money, and died in hospital eight hours later.

She also suffered a broken left arm and multiple fractures to the left side of her face, consistent with a fall.

Mrs Morgan's daughter, Hilary, who is an artist, has provided police with a painting of her mother's missing handbag.

[Linked Image]

She said: "If this painting helps to catch her killer, it's the most important painting I've ever done."

She added: "My mum was so active and full of life. I still can't believe she has been taken away from me."

No-one has been arrested.

THE BBC
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 1:46pm
Anyone with a conscience would of helped this lady regardles of the reason why she is on the floor.An 81 yr old woman even if she is drunk, me personaly would of helped her to her feet if not home or to a place of safety.I would most certainly not walked on by.Disgusted. mad
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 1:58pm
thats Sickening.

In Sixth Form, we were walking back from the shops at lunch, and found an elderly woman who had fallen over. We helped her up, and walked her back to her house, she was weak and kept falling every now and then, so wed catch her, and help hold her up.

Got back to school late, and were grilled for not being on site, until we informed them what had happened. But at least we knew wed done a good deed, unlike this person frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 3:24pm
Wouldn't happen up here on the Wirral or Liverpool - someone would ask, even in case it was just that she was p*ssed and needed some help.

As for the rest of the country ... mmmmm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 3:32pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Wouldn't happen up here on the Wirral or Liverpool - someone would ask, even in case it was just that she was p*ssed and needed some help.

As for the rest of the country ... mmmmm

withthatvery true D,D yes
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 7:38pm
withthat

That's one of the things I love about this place. clap
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 8:49pm
That is just so disgusting its untrue no Rip frown
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 19th Jan 2009 9:59pm
so sad guys!
Posted By: Wench Re: Man 'ignored attack pensioner' - 20th Jan 2009 12:38am
FTW is this country coming to when something like this can happen no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral