Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:16pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Global stock indexes, including the UK FTSE 100, have fallen their most since the terrorist attacks of September 11 2001 amid fears of a recession.

The FTSE 100 index tumbled 5.5% to 5,578.2, wiping £84bn ($163bn) off the value of its listed shares.

Indexes in Paris and Frankfurt slumped by about 7%, while markets in Asia, India and South America also dropped.

Investors questioned whether a recent plan to boost the US economy would be enough to avert a full-blown recession.

Wooooooooo my predictions are still on course to come true... recession for 2009 imho!

grin

BBC News Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:20pm
Bad shit !

Ive lost £3 to this mini crash frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:23pm
lol how did you do that?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:24pm
Matty, if people ain't careful it might be earlier than 2009.
Posted By: Mark Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:24pm
Dunno lol

Still as always its down to the US markets everyone getting
nervous.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:25pm
I hope you're right Matty. I'm waiting for a recession in the housing market grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:34pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
I hope you're right Matty. I'm waiting for a recession in the housing market grin

Great minds think alike.

Some may call me a vulcher... I see it as having good financial sense lol!

Originally Posted by Cali_16v
Matty, if people ain't careful it might be earlier than 2009.

So true Daz, people cannot keep spending more and more on credit and expect it to last... the hard times are just around the corner imho. I like the way the government try and make out we have never had it so good and everyone lives a life of luxury under Labour, what they forget to mention is that everyone is living this life on credit!

Did you know, this country has 1.3million million (yes you saw that right, a real British billion, or a US trillion) pounds worth of debt!!

And we are facing interest payments of £83billion this year alone!!!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:40pm
I'm glad a went bankrupt when i did. no payments now apart from the focus.

Happy days
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:47pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

Great minds think alike.

It's not so much that I want to, its more that I have to due to hosue prices being so high.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:55pm
Jow, just remember most banks offer now 5x your wages, so when the prices fall so will what the bank offers, it will go back to 3.5x your wages so at the moment i can get £100000 for a house apprently. but when house prices fall and i go the bank to buy that 5 bedroom house ive got my house on for £95000 they will laugh at me cos they will only lend me £70000 less deposit
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 7:57pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Bad shit !

Mark, Are you sure it's not the government using your money to buy shares in northern rock to help bail them out
Posted By: Mark Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 8:09pm
Wouldn't surprise me GITS mad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Global Markets In Turmoil - 21st Jan 2008 8:42pm
Originally Posted by Cali_16v
Originally Posted by Mark
Bad shit !

Mark, Are you sure it's not the government using your money to buy shares in northern rock to help bail them out

No, that was the £1800 he lost last week grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral