Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Encryption - 3rd Oct 2007 1:50pm
Whether you use encryption for you Credit Card details in a encrypted file or what ever you are know forced by law to hand over you password so police can nose at your encrypted data... What the hell was Encryption invented for then ? Why do we have to give over sensetive information to some Cop who may for well be corrupt him or her self.. I Agree to an extent with this but dont in another i really feel strange. I dont use encryption my self for the sole reason of forgetting a password or something so i dont bother but seriously what Right does any body have to look at personal information this country is becoming like america everyday.. To read more about this check out this link...

Here Click here tease

Posted By: Mark Re: Encryption - 3rd Oct 2007 1:56pm
It looks like they have to serve a notice on you
so it cant be just PC Plod requesting it.

I guess like a search warrant that's how its coming over
to me anyway.

So if its in-line with a crime then fair do's
but not just because some copper wants to be nosey.

Its like reg checks they go through all kinds of checks and
logs are recorded for the reasons why.

So...
I'm hoping it has to go through a few hoops before that
notice can be served upon you or I.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Encryption - 3rd Oct 2007 1:58pm
Lol if a busy asked me for a password/pin number, id tell them eff off and work it out themselves.

Its not like they can beat it out of you lol.

Me handing over my passwords and/or pin number, clearly contravenes the DPA of 1998 as it is liable to expose client details too, some of which have credit card details on file (securely and NOT on my pc, so dont bother trying to hack me).
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Encryption - 3rd Oct 2007 2:09pm
yep dpa i think they forgot to ammend that laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral