Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Wirral Crime Yesterday - 13th Jul 2019 3:05pm
Merseyside Police are appealing for information about the following events that occurred on 12th July

Shots fired in Victoria Fields, Birkenhead

Arson in Livingstone Street, Birkenhead

Stabbing by Railway Pub, Meols

70 year old man robbed in Laird Street, Birkenhead
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 14th Jul 2019 1:45pm
Are they looking, also, into a Porpoise found bludgeoned to death apparently with an iron bar - presumably by fishermen - which was found in Port Sunlight River Park a few days back.

These are air-breathing mammals and the unfortunate creature would not suffocate like a fish which was probably why an Iron bar was used to dispatch it. These are large animals by fishing standards - maybe 50kg - and whoever did it would have hade some difficulty getting it onto dry land over a few dozen metres of metre sized boulders which line the shoreline.

Clearly it was no accident and was done on Porpoise (Sorry! Couldn't resist) I jest, but this seems to me to be the work of someone with clear psychopathic tendencies who needs some kind of help or treatment.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 14th Jul 2019 5:21pm
Difficult, in the past I've "dispatched" a number of animals and birds that were clearly badly injured and/or suffering, these days you are risk of getting prosecuted so you have to leave the creature suffering even longer and at risk of getting attacked by other wildlife.

Even killing an animal quickly and cleanly is sometimes called cruelty though the relevant law allows this.

(2) A person (“P”) is not guilty of an offence under regulation 43(1)(a) or 43(3)(a) or (b) if P shows that the act in question—

(a)was in relation to an animal that had been seriously disabled otherwise than by P’s unlawful act and that there was no reasonable chance of its recovering; and

(b)was done solely for one or both of the purposes of—

(i)ending the animal’s life; or

(ii)disposing of it (otherwise than by sale or exchange) as soon as practicable after it was dead.

Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 15th Jul 2019 8:56am
But whoever bludgeoned the creature to death was responsible for inflicting the bad injuries and/or suffering.

It was dragging the poor creature from the water up ten metres or so of metre sized rocks inclined at about a 45-degree slope onto dry land that caused the bad injuries and/or suffering!
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 15th Jul 2019 2:49pm

This makes me feel ill. We criticize foreign countries for their cruelty to animals, but we should know better . Totally unnecessary, and I bet no body is giving the time of day to find out who did it or why this happened.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 15th Jul 2019 4:16pm
Similar things are being done to children and babies, this Government has virtually done away with early intervention.
Posted By: casper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 16th Jul 2019 3:52pm
Originally Posted by granny

This makes me feel ill. We criticize foreign countries for their cruelty to animals, but we should know better . Totally unnecessary, and I bet no body is giving the time of day to find out who did it or why this happened.

I am beginning to despair at this country now, the me me me society, the lack of respect for anyone or anything, politicians are setting no example with gutter politics, anything to win, so called anti social behaviour a blanket that covers violence, arson, threatening behaviour goes unchecked, the police are trying but are overwhelmed by the scale of the problem, if they had the resources the damage has been done and would take years to normalise again.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 16th Jul 2019 4:37pm
Originally Posted by casper

I am beginning to despair at this country now, the me me me society, the lack of respect for anyone or anything, politicians are setting no example with gutter politics, anything to win, so called anti social behaviour a blanket that covers violence, arson, threatening behaviour goes unchecked, the police are trying but are overwhelmed by the scale of the problem, if they had the resources the damage has been done and would take years to normalise again.

+1 we a Government that wants division amongst the masses so they can do what they like unchecked.

One thought that people ignore .... This Government has spent more money than any other Government in British history.
Posted By: casper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 17th Jul 2019 1:16pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

+1 we a Government that wants division amongst the masses so they can do what they like unchecked.

One thought that people ignore .... This Government has spent more money than any other Government in British history.

But on who and what?
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 17th Jul 2019 3:27pm

Foreign Aid for one ! (whoops .. is that racist ? )
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 17th Jul 2019 6:09pm
But on who and what?

Precisely the point, the money is going in very few pockets and still they are raking the general population and still people vote Tory.

I don't think foreign aid has increased significantly for years.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 17th Jul 2019 9:16pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I don't think foreign aid has increased significantly for years.

I'll have to correct that https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/
Posted By: keef666 Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 20th Jul 2019 3:48pm
Its a sad fact, but more crime will go on, due to cutbacks you will see less and less police on the street, but you will see more and more cameras, the latest is an acoustic camera, if you drive a car or ride a bike with a non standard exhaust and drive in the country upsetting the country folk, they work like speed camera's but use a microphone to trigger the camera to take a photo of the offending vehicle and then you get a fine. Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said the cameras could help to combat the fact that Police rescources are too strectched for officers to easily enforce noise regulations on boy racers souped up vehicles.
So now we know why so many people get knifed and mugged the police are going after noisey drivers!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 20th Jul 2019 4:43pm
Be more to the point if they incorporated tail-gating metrics into existing speed cameras, speed limit means nothing when half the cars on the road are driving less than one second behind the car in front.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 21st Jul 2019 6:50pm
Congrats to wirral.....we top the animal cruelty cases in the north. Our rspca inspectors are " happy " if theyve only 19 cases on each workload books. Sad
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Wirral Crime Yesterday - 22nd Jul 2019 9:56am
Western society is circling the sinkhole , its been foretold in many a weird place , if you read the playing game notes of the 1988 game " cyber punk 2020 " youll see a section called " unity & diversity " its freaky true & exact western over liberal angry destruction now, its prophet like in verse.
Adam curtis ' " hyper normalisation " docu film shows that everything goes hyper stupid and OTT before end times and society over adulates idiots like sports stars and tv chefs , money makers etc.
Its a good doc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral