Forums
Posted By: casper Syrian chemical weapons - 16th Jan 2014 8:00pm
French Waste Management company Violia( formally Onyx) has announced it will be disposing of Syrian Chemical weapons at its Bridge Street Depot in Ellesmere Port, looks like the French are determined gas us or frack us.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 16th Jan 2014 8:09pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...e_destroyed_in_Ellesmere_Port/?ref=var_0
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 16th Jan 2014 10:02pm
Why can they not contaminate their own country?

Can't see the local residents being happy about this decision.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 16th Jan 2014 10:15pm
Confused by that too, Ste. Why 'us' of all places? think

As Casper said 'fracking' will be next. (growing my beard as we speak to fit in with mainstream media stereotypical portrayal- in advance). smile
Posted By: granny Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 17th Jan 2014 2:15am
...and as Peel Holdings (Mr Whitaker) own most of the land and the Manchester ship canal, I suspect they will be the landlords.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 17th Jan 2014 11:27am
Once again the media side of this is being over done to death. The chemicals that are coming over, are just pre-cursers to manufacturing the Chemical Weapons, and the Violia place in Ellesmere Port, well this is what they do, no one has complained about it so far, it's what the plant is set up to do and as far as I know they do it quite well and it employs a decent workforce. It is a good contract for Violia to get.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 17th Jan 2014 11:53am
Well said, Sallybear. From the description, the firm (Veolia), routinely handles more hazardous stuff than this.
Posted By: granny Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 17th Jan 2014 11:54am
Don't know about the media 'doing it to death' Sallybear. First I heard was 10pm news last night (of course that means nowt)
Not really bothered about this issue. It has to take place somewhere and why not here. We have the facilities, which is what they are here for. Makes sense really.
I suppose if needed we could take a whole lot more of the stuff too. Who is really bothered anymore?
Ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: casper Re: Syrian chemical weapons - 18th Jan 2014 10:41am
I go with granny on this one, it hasn't exactly been done to death by the media, basically all they have said is that its being dealt with at Ellesmere Port, what bothers me is why has it been left to the last minute to notify the relevant local authorities? it cant be about security or possible harmful effects, or can it? all I am saying is why keep try and keep it as covert as possible?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral