Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 6th Aug 2013 6:22pm
Wirral brown bin users ‘morally entitled to a refund.

A WIRRAL councillor believes homeowners who paid to have their garden waste emptied are ‘morally entitled’ to a refund.

Leasowe ward councillor Ian Lewis claims the majority of the 35,000 who have paid the £35 'brown bin tax' did not need to.

He added that many are unaware that they can put garden waste in their green bins at no extra cost.

Source click me
is this taken automatically with council tax?
They have the nerve to lend our money to other councils at 0.8% and then invent a brown bin charge, take facilities from the disabled, and abandon the elderly.

All councils need to get real and provide the basic community services and stop footling around like fake entrepreneurs.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 6th Aug 2013 8:33pm
Originally Posted by Moonstar
They have the nerve to lend our money to other councils at 0.8% and then invent a brown bin charge, take facilities from the disabled, and abandon the elderly.

All councils need to get real and provide the basic community services and stop footling around like fake entrepreneurs.

Well said Moonstar. Perfectly put. clap
Posted By: Shambo Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 6th Aug 2013 8:52pm
Ever since the day a brown bin turned up outside my house I have never put a thing in it, because I live in a flat with no garden.

Does this mean I should have had a discount on the council tax I've been paying these last few years, and am I morally entitled to a refund for a service I've never had call to use?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 6th Aug 2013 9:29pm
refund for shambo please.
Wonder how many people have an extra green bin? The council will provide a replacement if you've "lost" yours.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 6th Aug 2013 10:23pm
Originally Posted by newbrightonier
Wonder how many people have an extra green bin? The council will provide a replacement if you've "lost" yours.

Free of charge?

I thought we had to pay.
Posted By: bigpete Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 7:56am
So its only really the gardening 'nutters' who have gardening as a hobby - who need a brown bin for their constant projects - so not me - with my postage stamp lawn...!

Glad I never forked out !
Posted By: Ian0151 Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 8:00am
I believe if your bin is lost, stolen or damaged, it's £37 for it to be replaced.
that is correct Ian0151

Wheelie bins (240 litre capacity): £37 per bin.
Posted By: Stingray Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 10:14am
So, by this am I to understand that garden waste can legally be put in green bins?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 12:28pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
that is correct Ian0151

Wheelie bins (240 litre capacity): £37 per bin.

I've had 6 new green bins over the last couple of years and I've never paid. Put them out before I went to work and when I got home they'd been stolen. I've no idea what my neighbours do with them crazy
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 1:54pm
Zubee it is the contents of you bin your neighbors are after, they don't like waste :-)
Posted By: Santos Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 2:01pm
Originally Posted by bigpete
So its only really the gardening 'nutters' who have gardening as a hobby - who need a brown bin for their constant projects - so not me - with my postage stamp lawn...!

OH I see, if you have a garden and enjoy gardening then your a ' Nutter ' thats a novel and inane observation.
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 7th Aug 2013 11:00pm
Strangely enough, my waste bin (the green coloured one) can only just cope with the amount of rubbish I have (thanks to excess packaging from supermarkets) so I'm afraid no matter how legal it is to put hedge clippings, grass cuttings etc in it, I just don't have the room.
Posted By: bigpete Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 8th Aug 2013 12:24pm
Originally Posted by Santos
Originally Posted by bigpete

OH I see, if you have a garden and enjoy gardening then your a ' Nutter ' thats a novel and inane observation.

YES!
Posted By: bigpete Re: Wirral brown bin users entitled to a refund - 8th Aug 2013 12:30pm
Sorry Santo what I meant was if you are up at 7 in a suburban area - with your unsilenced petrol lawnmower-type gardening nut.

Nut - Nutter - just different degress of obsession....

I love sitting in my garden - not that fond of the gardening.

Some of my neighbours spend the whole weekend slashing and zizzing at things and end up with dull antiseptic gardens and a bad back....!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral