Forums
Posted By: Anonymous shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 9:14pm
POLICE are hunting a gang who brutally assaulted a man in a Birkenhead street in the early hours of Boxing Day.

The 37-year-old victim was found unconscious on Singleton Avenue, at around 4.40am.

Police said the shocking attack has left the man with "life-changing injuries" to his face and eyes, and have launched an urgent appeal for witnesses.

Detectives believe the victim, who they say is a local man, was attacked by a gang of men as he was walking along the road; they said they are still working to establish a motive for the assault.

The alarm was sounded by a resident.

The victim was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where his condition is described as "stable".

House-to-house inquiries have been carried out and CCTV images are being examined. The area where the assault took place was cordoned off for several hours while forensic officers conducted investigations.

Detective Chief Inspector Dave McCaughrean, head of Wirral CID, said: “This was a particularly vicious attack and we are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen anything, no matter how insignificant it might seem in case they have vital information for this investigation.

“This assault has left a man seriously injured in hospital with life-changing injuries.

“I would urge anyone who knows who is responsible ato come forward so we can take action against the offenders.”

Anyone with information should call police on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...nhead_man_with__life_changing_injuries_/
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 9:47pm
this only around the corner from us! lets hope the police catch the low life ... who did this!!! f**king sh*t houses!.
Posted By: dave_h Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 9:50pm
roger that, fooking gobshites
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 9:52pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
roger that, fooking gobshites
withthat
Posted By: chriskay Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 10:02pm
I wish him well. It's things like this which make me decide to stay where I am, rather than to return to Birkenhead.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 10:11pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
I wish him well. It's things like this which make me decide to stay where I am, rather than to return to Birkenhead.

I think we would all agree, you should stay in the Shire.
Posted By: dave_h Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 10:12pm
Originally Posted by ResearcherTony
Originally Posted by chriskay

and wishing him well
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 11:13pm
No need for this cowardly act, the fella may be blind, I hope the perpetrators get caught prompto.
Posted By: Edna_ Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 11:24pm
Sadly today's society, hope the culprits are caught and hope the lad has a full and speedy recovery.
Posted By: torryman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 11:29pm
Maybe it's about time to stop ignoring all the gob#####s in the hoodies who intimidate everybody ..outside off licences etc....ask your teenager where he is, and what he's doing out in his gang..they aren't so brave in one or two's ..it's a pack mentality...
Vigilantes are perhaps a bit extreme ...but if teenagers in the 60's / 70's/80's/90's behaved like this we'd leather them.(but this kind of behaviour was really rare).

What happened to common decency..I cannot remember any OAP who had to worry about speaking their mind ...up until a few years ago..the last couple of generations have no regard for anything or anybody
Posted By: Edna_ Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 11:33pm
In my day you got the belt. You wouldn't dare step out of line. Parents these days have too many restrictions put on them. The same with teachers, whatever happened to the cane or the slipper?
Posted By: torryman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 27th Dec 2011 11:51pm
That's what went wrong Edna... now teachers are terrified of chastising the 14 year old "shi#####e's in case (a) the parent assaults them or (b) they lose their job....

And T.V show's garbage like "Shameless" which glorifies antisocial behaviour..but the ... don't realise that it's supposed to be "over the top " and comedy ...not real life..but
unfortunately they think it's "cool"
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 10:04am
Originally Posted by torryman
Maybe it's about time to stop ignoring all the gob#####s in the hoodies who intimidate everybody ..outside off licences etc....ask your teenager where he is, and what he's doing out in his gang..they aren't so brave in one or two's ..it's a pack mentality...
Vigilantes are perhaps a bit extreme ...but if teenagers in the 60's / 70's/80's/90's behaved like this we'd leather them.(but this kind of behaviour was really rare).

What happened to common decency..I cannot remember any OAP who had to worry about speaking their mind ...up until a few years ago..the last couple of generations have no regard for anything or anybody
i was born in the 60,s and everyone had "RESPECT FOR ALL AND EVERYTHING", i wish i had a time machine so i could go back and live there again?!.
Posted By: bert1 Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 10:09am
No one should be under the illusion that this type of behaviour is new, far from it, but it should also be seen in its true light, thankfully it not a common occurence. No doubt the perpetrators will hide behind drug or alcohol excuses, it has nothing to do with upbringing or lack of discipline in schools, its more to do with lack of retribution, a slap on the wrist awaits them. I think these type of people suffer a mental illness but not the type we should show any compassion to, its probably a type that can't be cured so take them out of society for 20 years and see if they can work it out themselves. What use are they living amongst us anyway.
Posted By: chriskay Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 10:19am
Originally Posted by ResearcherTony

I shall: these days, Birkenhead is getting more like Mordor every day.
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 10:50am
This is definitely a political issue. It's time for all the "do-gooders" with their human rights stuff to disappear back into their closets. David Cameron has had the courage to start the ball rolling by fooking off Angela Merkel (Is she Rosa Klebb in disguise?) and that Newt Sarkosi. I don't call Sarkosi a frog-because he's too small to be a real frog. I think he's more like a newt. I have a pet newt. I call him "Tiny"-cos he's my newt!! Anyway, I digress. Love him or loathe him, Cameron is trying to make Britain British again. I for one can't wait to get back to the disciplined society we once enjoyed. Personally, if my son committed a crime like murder, I'd be the first to turn him in. I always said to my boys when they were growing up that if they ever got into drugs, it wouldn't be the drugs that killed them-it'd be me-for disrespecting their mother and family. That's half the problem now-there's no family. When was the last time your family sat down at the dinner table and had a conversation, for example? Modern life is crap. Too many computers. Too little time for each other. Facebook should be banned-it's pathetic to see some of the posts on there. "Excuse me-I'm going to the pub!" Who the feck wants to know that? It's as if all these sadddos have a desperate need to tell all the world their every movement! Sorry, mums-but National Service has to be brought back. I don't mean sending conscripts to war zones. That should be for professional soldiers. What NS would do is twofold: 1st-it'd make people respect each other by placing them in an environment where they relied on each other to survive and 2nd-it'd show our young men what they are capable of instead of leading them down the road of negativity. I served my country for six years. It made me realise what I was capable of achieving. It taught me that all Geordies didn't wear cloth caps and work in mines and shipyards; that all cocknies weren't "wide boys" and, perhaps most poignantly of all, that "Scousers" and "Mancs" who served in the Kings Regiment together were willing to die for each other in Northern Ireland. This is what is missing in our society now-the spirit of comradeship and togetherness. Nowadays, a boy is judged not on his character-but on the brand of fecking trainers he is wearing!! Get 'em all in uniform, I say. When I went away as a spotty sprog to boot camp, I was a moron, tied to my mother's apron strings. When I came home on my first weekend pass three months later, she didn't recognise me! I had, in that very short space of time, had my attitude changed. I had been moulded into the beginnings of a man. I had money in my pocket and a sense of purpose and direction. That is what our young people need. Pride and achievement. Ask any old soldier what he enjoyed most about service life. He will tell you one thing above all else. He felt part of a family. He was secure. He was an achiever!!
(RANT OVER: Time 1048)
Posted By: lansyp Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 11:10am
They should give the little fookers life if they catch them somebody must know who they where as they must gave been at a party or something for that time of day .hope the guy has a full and speedy recovery
Posted By: hoseman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 11:55am
Jail is too good for them, and we end up paying thru our taxes for the ....Give them to REAL hard men to play with, they will shit themselves. I do beleive in taking the law into my own hands and have done in the past. Im not proud of it but its the only way to get results!
We had our house burgled when we lived in Upton years ago. WE asked around, friends of friends who had been offered the stuff, computer games and gadgets that had family writing on.
We told Police and gave them names AND addresses and descriptions of goods stolen and even the seperate flat address they were being stored at. Plod did Fook all saying hes already under observation by CID and didnt want to jepodise their investigation.
Couple of us paid a visit and stopped his theiving for a while, he lived and let him know who did it for future reference. Got stuff back too!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 11:55am
Excellent post FF ! Spot on! Next time I'm down in Wirralshire, there's a pint in Gallagher's with your name on it.

It didn't sound good, but I hope the victim can make a decent recovery in the fullness of time. Thoughts go out to him and his family.

There are times I'm glad I live in the ar*ehole of nowhere.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 12:00pm
I hope the fellah's alright and will recover well. The place is going to pot. Saw the little gobshoits who are bombing round town on the trail bike. They can only be about 14 or 15, no helmets and going hell for leather up Park Rd East. They obviously consider themselves fireproof. Suspect they are from the Vittoria Street area because you can hear them scooting round the area, no silencer on the bike. You would think that Birkenhead's finest could find a way of nailing the little gits before they kill someone.
Posted By: dave_h Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 2:08pm
the coppers shud be allowed to slap little c*nts like that and nothing more should be said and certanly no paperwork. As bandy said before anything gets done someone could get hurt. A local militia would be nice lol
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 2:24pm
First cleansing that should take place is the police force - there are far too many of them that think they are above the law. Until the police set an example of right and wrong its ludicrous to think that they can judge others.

I know they have a tough job, but that's no excuse for innocent people to suffer.
Posted By: philmch Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 2:46pm
I say lock up the buggers and throw away the key but there's nothing about Birkenhead which makes it more susceptible to this sort of thing.

Sadly, incidents like this one are not uncommon throughout much of the UK.
Posted By: philmch Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 3:55pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
First cleansing that should take place is the police force - there are far too many of them that think they are above the law. Until the police set an example of right and wrong its ludicrous to think that they can judge others.

I know they have a tough job, but that's no excuse for innocent people to suffer.

And here we have the local idiot mentality in its purest form namely; "if something goes wrong - blame the police".
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 4:49pm
I am not a policeman, but I get a bit miffed when people criticise the police. In my eyes, they are all fecking heroes. Their job is made almost impossible by beaurocrats and dodgy solicitors, who quite often get felons released on technicalities. There is a problem with recruitment in the police inasmuch as the academic qualifications are prohibitive to some people who in my view would make excellent ear-clippers. It's a bit like the Army. Not everyone can go to Sandhurst-but the wars are won by sergeants, corporals and squaddies in the main. Give me a strapping six-footer with a sense of honour and a sense of humour any day. Ally this to parents who run a good home, teachers who are allowed to run their own schools and you're halfway to becoming a respectful neighbourhood again. Life on Mars was a good analogy of the good old days of policing. If you're a criminal who doesn't respect the rights of law-abiding citizens, you deserve all you get if you're caught. Roll on the revolution!! Get me a ticket for the front row!!
Posted By: rocks Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 6:00pm

withthat
Posted By: Tombraider Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 7:07pm

totally agree there.
Posted By: micsey Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 7:25pm
and we need to get out of the fooking eu mad
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 28th Dec 2011 8:56pm
Originally Posted by micsey
withthat withthat withthat
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 29th Dec 2011 3:58am
Originally Posted by micsey
withthat withthatShould never have joined the feckin' eu in the first place!
Posted By: dave_h Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 8th Jan 2012 2:36pm
anyone know how this bloke is getting on?
Posted By: Jubbly Re: shocking attack Singleton Avenue - 10th Jan 2012 12:50pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Give them to REAL hard men to play with, they will shit themselves. I do beleive in taking the law into my own hands and have done in the past...

...Couple of us paid a visit and stopped his theiving for a while, he lived and let him know who did it for future reference. Got stuff back too!

Ok just curious here but...does anyone actually know the guy who was attacked in Singleton Avenue and the story (if there is any) behind it ?

There's always the possibility that he was on the receiving end of a "Community Punishment"...in which case few would be wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Like I said....just curious...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral