Forums
Posted By: consho Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 2:10pm
FROM THIS AFTERNOONS MERSEY MAGAZINE

BODY AND VAN UNCOVERED IN CORNWALL FARMLAND DIG AS SEARCH FOR MISSING WIRRAL BOXER TAKES A DRAMATIC TURN

A body has been discovered buried deep in farmland in Cornwall as the hunt for missing Wirral boxer Brett Flounroy takes a dramatic turn
The discovery, along with that of a burnt out van, was made as a team of 60 police officers took part in a search of farmland in St Austell

Updating the very latest information, Detective Inspector Costa Nassaris said: “We believe this is the Citroen Berlingo van we’ve been looking for, although we haven’t been able to positively identify the vehicle at this time as it has extensive fire damage and it’s currently full of soil.

“We also believe we’ve uncovered the remains of at least one individual. A full forensic examination is now taking place.

The families of both missing men, David Griffiths from Plymouth and Brett Flournoy from Liverpool, have been updated of the latest developments”.

Detective Nassaris added: “The forensic examination of the excavation site, the vehicle and body is a slow and painstaking process and is expected to take at least 48 hours before this element of the investigation is completed”

It is likely that the 28 year old man from St Austell, who is currently held on suspicion of murder , will be charged later today
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 3:00pm
Bad news for all involved, feelings go out to them.

The details seem all rather sketchy.
Posted By: Mark Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 3:31pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 3:33pm
There is a fundraiser/ raffle at the Brown Cow pub on Saturday 16th July at 7pm.
This is to raise funds for Bretts family, his partner and children.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 4:01pm
Really sad news,my thoughts are with the family.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 4:24pm
Rude, if you go, get us £5 worth of raffle tickets and I'll sort you out when I'm back?
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 15th Jul 2011 5:05pm
thoughts are with the family, such a sad event
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 16th Jul 2011 3:09pm
Very upsetting,my thoughts are with the family.
Posted By: rocks Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 16th Jul 2011 4:04pm
my thoughts are for both men and their families
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 16th Jul 2011 4:12pm
Sad for the families as everyone says, but if this was drug-related, as the Bodmin Police are quoted as saying in the Echo article, then you have to wonder what the heck were they doing down there...
Posted By: DavidB Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 18th Jul 2011 9:40pm
I know Brett, he lived in the house behind me, they were a really nice family.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 19th Jul 2011 8:52am
If it is drugs involvement then I'm afraid all sympathy goes out the window. If it is a random hit then that is a different thing altogether. Girl in the paper killed her little baby and turns out she had been on cannabis since childhood and was schizo, who said it is a victimless drug? Facilitating drug use? toughski.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 19th Jul 2011 8:59am
I don't think anyone deserves to be murdered no matter what they were doing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 20th Jul 2011 6:20pm
Rudebox and Plusone today received confirmation that one of the bodies found was that of Brett.

Please join me in sending my love and condolences to the whole family.

Dawn/John, I said it before, if you need anything once I'm back then please give me a shout. It's been a rough day or so, so please do let someone know if you need a hand with anything.

Posted By: poodlepup Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 20th Jul 2011 6:53pm
My condolences to the family x
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Search for Missing Wirral Boxer - 20th Jul 2011 6:56pm
xxx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral