Forums
Posted By: MrHouston Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 3:46pm
Huge cloud of black smoke coming from port sunlight way, anybody get down there for pics?
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 3:49pm
from my house window
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:02pm
It's right opposite my house in the land fill site at Bromborough Pool Docks just uploading some pics and vids will post here soon.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:07pm
Wow.. didnt realise you lived next to Stanton raftl
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:09pm
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:11pm
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: SUExx Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:35pm
just been down bolton road east, the traffic was that bad the police had to close off the road. Here are a few pics

Attached picture 003.JPG
Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 014.JPG
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:37pm
[video:myspace]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57157265[/video]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:40pm
doesn`t look too bad, looks like a couple of tyres on fire to me, hope the barstard that started it burns alive happy

Good pics people laugh
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 4:47pm
I've got a better vid on my DV as soon as I transfer it will post it. Zoomed in a lot more and shows flames. I'd say 20+ foot flames.
Posted By: Wench Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 5:02pm
I was on the beach at New Brighton and could see the smoke too. Didn't realise it was THAT far away though, thought it was up just past the ventilation shaft at Seacombe.
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 5:21pm
[video:myspace]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57159381[/video]
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 5:27pm
Originally Posted by susan
just been down bolton road east, the traffic was that bad the police had to close off the road. Here are a few pics
nice pics sue!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 5:38pm
great pics guys camera thanks. happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 7:01pm
is this still on?
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 7:32pm
No was out before I posted the2nd vid
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 7:55pm
[Linked Image]

taken from the eye of the shit storm.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 7:59pm
what caused it or was it man? confused
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 8:02pm
no idea ste, i just happened to be drivin past and saw all the smoke and thought i'd have a nose, mother earth was badly damaged today though frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 8:47pm
Here are some more pictures showing the scale of the smoke, the first two are taken on Station Road between Barnston and Storeton, the rest are taken from Broadway, not far from the top of Levers Causeway.

Attached picture IMG_0393s.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0394s.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0395s.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0396s.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0398s.JPG
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 8:50pm
good pics, what a terrible efffect on the plannet this will have, and to think these are the poisions we can see......to all you 4x4 users out there - have a heart and get a scoot-ay like me !
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 9:06pm
ah all is revealed, loads of traffic on my way to work which is by port sunlight so many people must have been going to have a nose
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 9:53pm
i wonder what it was
Posted By: Token Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 10th May 2009 11:03pm
chavs...... I betcha.
Posted By: oggie Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 1:21am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
good pics, what a terrible efffect on the plannet this will have, and to think these are the poisions we can see......to all you 4x4 users out there - have a heart and get a scoot-ay like me !

Aye-Aye if you smell something like a chippy drivin' past that'll be me in my BELOVED 4x4,50% recycled veg oil and 50% diesel,we should be more concerned with what we buried on that landfill from our homes an businesses.
I've got a Mitsubishi Pajero saved from the Japanese scrap pile,15 years old and still going strong,with lots of help from the Pajero owners club.2 yellow diamonds in windscreen and two proudly displayed on rear screen from www.pocuk.com

Chris.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 10:36am
i'll make an exception for you chris wink
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 12:05pm
Arson attack on Wirral landfill site

A 200ft plume of smoke stretched across Wirral last night after a fire at a landfill site.

Arsonists set fire to 15 rolls of bitumen-backed carpet on the site used to collect methane gas given off by decomposing rubbish.

Firefighters used foam to extinguish the flames because temperatures were too high for water.

The alarm was raised at the Biffa-owned tip on Dock Road South, Bromborough, at around 4.30pm.

It took four crews two and a half hours to tackle 50ft flames.

Fire watch manager Haydon Lipscombe said last night: “It was deliberately set on fire and police were in attendance.

“The actual smoke plume went right across to Deeside – right across the Wirral peninsula. It was a couple of hundred feet high.

“We treated it with water to see if it would go out, but the water wouldn’t touch it, it carried on burning. So we starved it of oxygen with foam.”

The crews asked Biffa technicians to cover a further 50 of the carpet rolls with soil to protect them from further arson attacks.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...-on-wirral-landfill-site-92534-23590051/
Posted By: bert1 Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 12:36pm
I keep having this vision of one of the tip scavenges taking a well earned rest from his rummaging through crap, sitting down on a old couch for a smoke and falling asleep and dropping his fag on the carpet.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 12:58pm
lol bert
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 3:25pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

As a 4x4 owner (a mere 1.8 l petrol job) AND 100cc scooter rider I can pick & choose. Anyway at my age scooter riding and bad weather do not mix so it is nice to have the choice. Similarly, I can't really see me bringing my 91 year old parents round for Sunday dinner one by one on the back of the scooter

Snod grin
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Fire - port sunlight way - 11th May 2009 4:30pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan
I can't really see me bringing my 91 year old parents round for Sunday dinner one by one on the back of the scooter

I'd pay to see that
© Wirral-Wikiwirral