Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 12:52pm
If you did'nt already know this morning there was a power cut affecting large parts of the Wirral.BBC Radio Merseyside reported that all of the wirral was affected as far south as Frodsham.Here everything just died including the phone line for about 30 mins .I lost a mornings work I had done on a CV did it affect anyone else? smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 1:00pm
I don't think there was a powercut over my end?
Posted By: chiccy Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 1:01pm
think were ok here too !

bromborough area smile
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 1:09pm
Liverpool Echo

Thousands of Wirral homes hit by power cut
May 27 2008 Kevin Core

THOUSANDS of homes had no electricity after two power stations were unexpectedly disconnected from the National Grid.

Businesses in Wallasey, Birkenhead, Ellesmere Port and even as far as Runcorn were also hit at around 11.30am.

Scottish Power was inundated with calls but they were able to quickly isolate the national power source as the problem.

A spokeswoman for the National Grid, the country’s biggest utility, said: “Two power stations came off the network unexpectedly within two minutes of each other, shortly after 11.30am this morning.

“This caused a drop in frequency.

“The system is designed to protect the majority of UK electricity demand, by automatically disconnecting a small proportion of demand to bring frequency back to safe operating levels.

“All available electricity generation was brought onto the system as soon as possible and we are now working with the electricity distribution network operators to reconnect customers as possible".
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 1:41pm
I`d just posted a pic, edited my post then `dink` it went off, phew, i was lucky to have posted quick enough smile
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 1:58pm
just had a phone call off my dad, it went off as far as runcorn and some areas of warrington
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 2:02pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
I`d just posted a pic, edited my post then `dink` it went off, phew, i was lucky to have posted quick enough smile

raftl raftl raftl ye need to get a lap top r kid. good old battery happy
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 2:20pm
all depends on if you have wireless internet there mate or if you are on a service that requires a modem

i was in a no win situation when it went off

laptop battery flat
broadband modem needs mains power
router needs mains power

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 2:25pm
Originally Posted by Tony_1985
all depends on if you have wireless internet there mate or if you are on a service that requires a modem

i was in a no win situation when it went off

laptop battery flat
broadband modem needs mains power
router needs mains power

i was sound m8 ;)got t-mobile web"n"walk usb stick and 4hours ov battery life raftl raftl happy
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 3:06pm
All our Virgin services went off (TV, phone, internet) but we never actually lost power to anything. (Beechwood)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 4:20pm
lol
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 5:38pm
Wallasey

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In work its all off, phones, pc's and the god dam kettle frown

And as the lad in work spoke the words,
This will be off until tomorrow, dink dink the lights came on.

Priceless lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 5:58pm
Nothing in work (Tranmere)

But it went off at home (Claughton)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral power cut - 27th May 2008 11:34pm
Aye the power went off here too, and it was off at Landican crematorium and it went off at Rhea's this morning.

Pain in the ass it was haha I thought it was just me at first.

Driving around locally was murder with no lights on anywhere!!

It amazes me how the national grid, given we are developed country and highly dependent on electric, can put so many lives in risk by doing stupid things like this... 2 power stations were unexpectedly disconnected wtf, they need to sort it out so it dont happen again or jib off and let someone else run it lol!
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral power cut - 29th May 2008 6:05pm
Apparently 5 Stations Tripped the National Grid.
Something there not telling us.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral power cut - 29th May 2008 6:52pm
I thought it was just a nuclear station went off as an emergency procedure, which knocked 3% off the total UK supply, but it happened at the same time as a scheduled coal station shutdown for testing, and the power was restricted and distributed weirdly to avoid overrunning the network??

think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral