Forums
Posted By: stubbzy Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 10:11am
Me civic is runnin pretty slow at the moment & i dunno why? It had a full service 2wks ago with the timing belt & pads changed but the service didn't cure it.
Its toppin out bout 80-85mph. this mornin on the motorway i was goin up a slight incline & it slowed right down to 60ish with foot to floor.
Up until about a month or so ago it would fly even in 5th.
Anyone got any ideas?An ecu problem maybe?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 10:24am
Throw some injector cleaner in the fuel mate, it might cure the problem and it can only do good.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 10:30am
Would that fix top end?

In the past injection cleaner has only ever fixed poor idling for me.

Maybe misfiring or something?

Check spark plugs etc
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 10:33am
Plugs?

Fuel Pressure (Pump could be on its way)?

Is the air filter clean?

Fuel filter?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 10:51am
The injector cleaner will flush everything through cleaning the fuel filter, the plugs, cylinders, pistons, and anywhere else the fuel gets!
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Underpowered - 12th Oct 2004 11:01am
cool ok thanks guys i'll try have a look
Posted By: DavidB Re: Underpowered - 13th Oct 2004 5:16pm
When it gets to 80-85, is it sluggish, can you physically feel the engine struggling? And does the incline/hill thing happen everytime?
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Underpowered - 14th Oct 2004 8:21am
not struggling as such just won't go any faster!
yeah so far each time. put some cleaner in before so hopefully that'll make some difference.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Underpowered - 14th Oct 2004 8:47pm
I had this problem with my old corsa, It was the cam or the follower was chipped or somethin like that, wasnt releasin harmful fumes quick enough. Maybe scooby the car genius might be able to clear it up?

The oil filter had also callopsed so check that out. Check that out coz if its that you wanna catch it quick before it knackers your engine up!

The first things I would do if it happened to me again would be check oil filter, air filter and fuel pump.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Underpowered - 15th Oct 2004 8:14am
Hi Matey, If you want to pop it into work i will road test it with you and see if we can get to the bottom of it ????

Could be several things causing your loss of power as already suggested, need to test drive the car to fully asses and not just guess.
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Underpowered - 15th Oct 2004 8:19am
cool ok scooby i'll give ya a ring early next week.
thanks mate
© Wirral-Wikiwirral