Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:31pm
Is it just me or are these absolutly gorgeous cars?

[Linked Image]

This one is for sale at £14k, i am hoping to be able to purchase one of these within the next year (or so).

Apparently, slightly slower than the DC2, with a 0-60 time of late 6's (mainly due to weight?), but very tunable and fast for a 2.0 N/A car.

Here is a few more pics

http://www.fastjapcars.com/FS-Album-DC5_ITR_Blue.htm

what do people think, nice sports car or a dated 90's rehash?
Posted By: AL Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:35pm
Im with you brother sweet car like would love one next or the older shape, look the best in white!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:36pm
Agree'd happy
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:40pm
I agree on most counts about white integra's being the nicest, but white wheels on that blue car would be very nice.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:41pm
Nice car, very under-rated.

You civic lovers must drool over these smack
Posted By: Scooby Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:44pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 4:49pm
I actually very nearly bought one just before i bought my civic, but realistically didn't quite have enough spare money saved to be able to pay for my house aswell. frown

Here is the blue one with white wheels

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Den Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 26th Jul 2005 6:36pm
i certainly wouldn't say no. really do think you should buy one happy
Posted By: greer206 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 28th Jul 2005 1:02am
one factor u have to take into account, insurance.

at the moment the integra type r dc5 is an import.

a friend of mine took me to see them last year and i fell in love as so did he. was about to hand over the cash and then tried getting insurance.

he's 27 year old, has 7 years no claims, clean licence, lives in upton. no one would insure him on it, but would insure him on his import P1 scooby.

make sense of that.

till this day he keeps on trying for insurance on one and gets the knock back, or £4000, thats why hes keeping his P1 scooby.

ive also tried now for 6 months, got the cash to buy one, and trade the 182, but cant get insurance, thats me with 3 years no claims, clean licence, etc....

silly insurance

nice car though
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 28th Jul 2005 10:42am
Hopefully, i will be 23/24 with 5/6 ncb so i might get a quote (fingers crossed)
Posted By: WhiteEvo Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 29th Jul 2005 11:15pm
Who did he try for insurance?

Sold one in May to a 22 year old in Liverpool and he got insured with Tesco.

Most of the private people who buy imports from me use Tesco or Norwich Union.

Buy the Spoon version if you can get hold of one, only a couple thousand more but well worth it, they are 7k more new! A few coming up for sale in Japan the last few weeks.
Posted By: scoop Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 30th Jul 2005 7:00am
A lovely lovely car and I wish i could have one. Is this one FWD aswell?? I hope its not
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 30th Jul 2005 6:07pm
Yeah FWD but arguably the best FWD ever made..

Do you get them often white evo? Could you give me a shout next time you get one, i would like a look at one in close quatres.
Posted By: WhiteEvo Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 1st Aug 2005 12:13pm
There are 2 in at the moment that came on the ship last week for customers, white and blue.

They are getting quite popular now so there are always a few on every ship, new and used.

They are one of the best fwd cars, hence why they use them in touring cars over a civic.

Just annoys me when you see them & the old type r with 17's & 18's on and lowered, it totally ruins the whole feel and handling of the car Honda spent millions perfecting!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 1st Aug 2005 12:17pm
Where is your company/business situated?

Am i likely to be able to pick one up for £10k?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 3rd Aug 2005 11:05pm
yer, how much are you sellin them for
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 4th Aug 2005 4:14pm
also, how does this drive compared to the old one, i have heard some Honda enthusiasts were left dissapointed cause the old version used double withbones. But the new I-Vtec engine is much more tune-able.

I have been in the older version, but not driven it yet. The noise the engine makes sounds much nicer than my civic and go's on for much longer.

Is it, in your opinion, worth shelling out a couple of k's more for one of these?
Posted By: AL Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 11th Aug 2005 10:17am
Am i likely to be able to pick one up for £10k?
If you can get these for 10k ill have two because there still retailing for around £15000!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 11th Aug 2005 10:24am
I have seen them for around £12k
Posted By: AL Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 11th Aug 2005 10:28am
What type of condition?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 11th Aug 2005 10:42am
2001, they seem in good condition.

Looks like the ones i was using for example have sold, but here is a link to a garage that seem to have a few for sale

http://www.wickedkit.com/
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 21st Sep 2005 2:51pm
Just been told that there is an auction in liverpool docks every wednesday where 3 or 4 of these go through every week. Might take a trip over there if i can find out where it is.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 22nd Sep 2005 11:39am
hey rob, im sure you say on your for sale topic about your car,,,,,,,,,,,, i need to be buying cheaper cars, does this mean you just dreamin about a dc5 or what
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 22nd Sep 2005 11:44am
No, I need to buy 2 cars, and i cant really buy another car and save up for an integra at the same time.

So the best thing is to sell the civic, buy 2 cars at a similar value or less and still save every month.

There is logic in my madness.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 22nd Sep 2005 12:28pm
i love your madness rob, as long as you end up with a d5 im happy laugh
Posted By: bex Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 22nd Sep 2005 12:51pm
my mate had one of these

a white one with the red interior

ill find some pics of it if i can!

he swapped it for a skyline gts... and now hes got a gtr

DC5's are gorgeous! id do it wink

get one! phwooooooooooar!
Posted By: Jimmy1Pint Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 27th Feb 2006 10:38pm
they are very nice cars saw one in manchester so how come the chinese can get insurance !

i believe as my dads friend has a traders policy he can drive import & nonimport cars for £2000 grand ! but he is 40 odd lol
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Honda Integra DC5 - 10th May 2006 2:42pm
Just got an nisurance quote of £1500 for one smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral