Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 9:44am
Hopefully in the coming months will be getting a new motor.

but im unsure which one i like more. well thats a lie i know which one i like more, but the other one just jumps out at me everytime i see one.

please vote honestly. some vaux lovers will knock me for this buti dont care.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 9:50am
German cars are slightly more reliable and are like tanks to drive. Although Vectra's are very cheap.

Out of them 2 i have voted Audi. What is your price range?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 6:31pm
Originally posted by AX_125:
German cars are slightly more reliable and are like tanks to drive. Although Vectra's are very cheap.
I agree.

I voted for the audi basically cause it should be more reliable and has more class. Depends on your price range though.
Posted By: scoop Re: Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 7:23pm
I voted audi,it all depends on the costs involved. whats ur budget and what age of each car are u looking at? Maybe a late nineties A4 cud be cheaper than a near new veccy,is that what ur after?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 7:37pm
Well the ones im looking at are about a 53 plate vectra or a y/51 plate audi. around £6000ish give or take a few ££££
Posted By: scoop Re: Which car - 22nd Jun 2006 8:37pm
can u get the y plate audi for the same as a 54 veccy,if so i say deffo audi. Have u looked into late E36 diesels?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Which car - 23rd Jun 2006 8:43am
Audi then at that price. The vectra looses so much value.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Which car - 23rd Jun 2006 10:06am
The VAG TD engine is far superior to the Vauxhall CDTi lumps, and can be easily chipped for more power.

Also, as already mentioned, the price of the Vauxhall will fall like a stone and be worth £500 in 7 years or so eek
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Which car - 23rd Jun 2006 5:43pm
Scoop i dont like BMW's sorry to offend anyone. but i just dont think they look right.

Good cars, good engines. but just not my taste.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Which car - 23rd Jun 2006 6:34pm
*is offended that cali secretly tried to insult my shed on wheels*
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Which car - 24th Jun 2006 6:07pm
do you want a tissue joe. lol

I just dont find BMW's appeling, i know they are to a lot of people. but i w would rather have an CL55 AMG merc than an M3. but i wouldnt say no to an M3.

For what im looking to spend i would only be able to get a 318i SE. but i would want a 330D. its just difficult. i was considering a 3.0cdti vectra as there rare. but so is the vectra 2.2 SRi DTi. which would be about 52 plate for £5500.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Which car - 24th Jun 2006 6:40pm
I voted for an Audi, they are a bit more upmarket and not as common as Vectra's.

Having said that though, there is nothing really wrong with Veccy's, they are good cars smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Which car - 24th Jun 2006 7:40pm
u could get a minter of a E36 325TDS for way under ur budget mate
Posted By: Waddi Re: Which car - 25th Jun 2006 12:56am
Daz mate, even I say get the Audi A4.

Have you considered a Lexus IS200

click here, it may surprise you
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Which car - 25th Jun 2006 12:05pm
I went to have a look at that car. It was battered.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Which car - 25th Jun 2006 12:48pm
sweet baby jesus!

someone lend me 4 grand and i'll scrap my beemer and buy that 2moro! lol
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Which car - 25th Jun 2006 4:20pm
it needed about £1.5k of work doing to it.

new bumpers, new wing, 2 new doors and new breaks all round.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Which car - 25th Jun 2006 4:40pm
bah couldnt be bother reading that bit, no worries... can anyone lend me 6 grand? lol
Posted By: Karl focus Re: Which car - 10th Aug 2006 1:54pm
Audi all the way!!!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Which car - 10th Aug 2006 2:18pm
206 all the way, pmsl na. go for the vauxhall matey. stick wiv ur identity. u'll known to drive a vauxhall so stick wiv that.

But if u feel like a change then audi is the better option wiv all the gadgets its got :{

Even tho ad raither craw then drive a vauxhall ad still say go for it.
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Which car - 10th Aug 2006 4:24pm
i said audi, i think they are nicer than vauxhalls and not as many around as astras.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Which car - 22nd Sep 2006 11:53am
Vectras are really dull things to drive, they made them even duller with the new ones.
Audis are similar, but at least they won't break down.
Vectras are like they were built by monkeys, I know so many people who have had trouble with them, and having worked on one, I would never touch another one again. I had to take the engine out to change a steering rack gaiter. Horrible, horrible cars.
Plus it'll be worth about 800 quid in a few years.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral