Forums
Posted By: yr20405 Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 7:48am
Drayton Motors any one here used them for MOT+Service? Are they any good?
Posted By: yr20405 Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 10:12am
If there good I'll use them if not I'll need some recommendable ones that won't rip you off.
Posted By: casper Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 1:39pm
Not used Drayton motors, I use Wirral Motor Services 1 Tarren Way off Pasture road, decent guys wont rip you off
Posted By: conan Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 3:43pm
Unless its a really complex car/model or nearly new,I would..

Download voucher from National Tyres to get money off first and get an oil and filter change from them (but stay and watch to make sure they do it right).
Check all fluids and replace the plugs yourself.

Take it to Mike Hurst for Mot.
Posted By: Finney Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 5:38pm
Originally Posted by conan
Unless its a really complex car/model or nearly new,I would..

Download voucher from National Tyres to get money off first and get an oil and filter change from them (but stay and watch to make sure they do it right).
Check all fluids and replace the plugs yourself.

Take it to Mike Hurst for Mot.

I personally wouldnt use the likes of kwik fit/ national tyres etc, as have heard of so many horror and rip off stories. For a service message Turnip, I had my car serviced by Turnip and his dad 12 months ago, would recommend 100%. As for the mot I use vauxcare in Birkenhead, again 100% reliable and trustworthy.
Posted By: turnip Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 6:55pm
Thanks for the recommendation Finney! We can service your car plus we have a deal with Kwik fit where they do our MOT's for £30 if you wanted us to sort that for you too smile just pm me if you want me to price you up in the service!
Posted By: conan Re: Car service and MoT - 2nd Sep 2015 9:53pm
+1 For Turnip smile Hes a good lad.

Ive heard horror stories too Finney,but,i stand and watch them to make sure everythings done to my satisfaction.

I had a recent oil (fully synthetic) and filter change done for £39.99 all in at National.

I couldnt buy the oil for less than £80 never mind the hassle of doing it.

I was quoted £285 plus VAT from a garage for a service for the same work apart from checking levels and a cursory glance at the rest of the car IMHO.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car service and MoT - 3rd Sep 2015 11:01am
Another +1 for Turnip. Get your service there and an MOT elsewhere. I like using Cavendish MOT Centre near Birkenhead Park station.

Like has been said, I'm always wary of these offers and if the right oil is being used. Some diesels with a particulate filter needs a special low-ash oil, and I worry if the garages either know this or care.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral