Forums
Posted By: cathie Central locking won't work on 1 side - 26th Apr 2013 6:19pm
I have a 56 Astra, the back passenger door has always opened whether the car was locked or not but now the front passenger door won't open, regardless of whether I use the fob or the door lock on the dash board...HELP!!!

Is this an easy repair? More importantly is it an expensive repair?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 26th Apr 2013 6:29pm
Try taking fuse out and putting it back in.

Failing that you need to take interior door panel off. However you can not do that without door being open.

When you take fuse out make sure keys are in your pocket, and not in car as doors will lock when you put fuse back in
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 26th Apr 2013 6:42pm
Annnnd the fuse will be where :0)
Posted By: turnip Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 26th Apr 2013 6:59pm
It's unlikely to be the fuse but the internal fuse box is usually behind a pull down panel either by the drivers knees or a similar area on the passenger side. The reason I say it's unlikely is because I've just fixed a vw golf with the same issue and that was a failed locking mechanism. 3 went around the same time so I've just replaced then however to replace then you do need to have the door open which would be the first challenge. Think I managed to save these people about £100 on what a garage had quoted them. Pm me if you need more help.
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 26th Apr 2013 7:11pm
PM sent
Posted By: donny55 Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 27th Apr 2013 1:32pm
i worked in vauxhalls for 29 years.i can have a look @ it if you wont,if i fix it you can pay me wot you think.
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 27th Apr 2013 4:35pm
Whereabouts in vauxhall's? My dad was in the paint dept, he retired July last year
Posted By: donny55 Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 28th Apr 2013 10:09am
G.A HARD TRIM LEG ONE
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 29th Apr 2013 8:11pm
Yyyyyyeeeeessssss door has magically opened all by itself!!!!! NOW do I leave it or will it still need something doing to it??
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 7th May 2013 6:33am
Now the central locking won't work at all....not even with the interior door lock button....I HATE this car!!!!
Posted By: cathie Re: Central locking won't work on 1 side - 8th May 2013 12:02pm
soooo I get to Tesco's this morning to put petrol in my car as the petrol light has come on and I can't open the bloody petrol cap!!!!AARGHHHH

Got advice from one of the guys in work...might be a fuse, gets a lift home to get the manual (I didn't have enough petrol for the journey) goes to Halfords buys a fuse puts it in and NOTHING

I phones a friend who has a garage (I was hoping it wouldn't get this far) he said I need an auto electrician and recommends one, I goes there (by this time the petrol light is furiously flashing away) and lo and behold...the rear left passenger door was the problem, ALL of the wires had snapped mad £40 later jobs a goodun and central locking is restored grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral